PS5 (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Set to be released by Xmas 2020!

covcity4life

good stuff, should be long breaks in between console releases imo

other than n64 dont think i have ever got a console on release tbh

ajsccfc

An interesting feature is that potentially you can install just the parts of a game you actually need, as someone who plays a story mode and doesn't touch online multiplayer I like the sound of that.

ccfc92

Price will be interesting, they need to compete with Xbox, but they will have several editions I imagine...

SkyBlueDom26

Can't wait for this! Who else is hoping rockstar bring a brand new title out with it... maybe a new GTA or Bully

Covstu

An interesting feature is that potentially you can install just the parts of a game you actually need, as someone who plays a story mode and doesn't touch online multiplayer I like the sound of that.
Not sure I think that just leads to having to buy games in instalments, just a new way of fleecing you

ajsccfc

That already happens with episodic games and DLC really, the way I understand it this is more a technological difference where instead of the current method of inserting the disc and it just copying the lot it can be split to save time and disk space. It's not a big feature but a really handy one the way a drive fills up in no time now

Covstu

That already happens with episodic games and DLC really, the way I understand it this is more a technological difference where instead of the current method of inserting the disc and it just copying the lot it can be split to save time and disk space. It's not a big feature but a really handy one the way a drive fills up in no time now
Just hope it doesn’t get abused to cash in. FF7 remake is half a game!

ajsccfc

6 or 7 cds lol

Bloody hell, don't remember this at all and I had the thing

bcde2f68dba8bba46ef5c45213fd7dbe.jpg

Covstu

microsofts las tlaunch was a disaster with all the drm stuff, so much so i jumped from 360 to ps4
Yep very late change of stance wasn’t it. I actually ordered an Xbox 1 on pre order, moved house but was told I had to cancel the order and start again but was sold out! Fuming so switched back to PlayStation but haven’t regretted it

Alkhen

Glad it's still a year away to be honest, plenty of life left in ps4 I recon. Mate has a high end PC and yeah it better but not enough of a leap for me to get too excited.

I'd much rather they concentrated more on making the thing super slick. Minimised loading time make sure the fucker doesn't sound like a shuttle launch when on that sort of thing.

Another thing I Wish they would guarantee the current controllers will work as backups. Such a jip having to fork out £50+ on extra controllers for the odd multilayer game. Ps3 nobody used 6axis Ps4 nobody used the touch pad. It's just a gimmick. These adaptive triggers seem ripe for breaking and being a pain to replace.

Covstu

Glad it's still a year away to be honest, plenty of life left in ps4 I recon. Mate has a high end PC and yeah it better but not enough of a leap for me to get too excited.

I'd much rather they concentrated more on making the thing super slick. Minimised loading time make sure the fucker doesn't sound like a shuttle launch when on that sort of thing.

Another thing I Wish they would guarantee the current controllers will work as backups. Such a jip having to fork out £50+ on extra controllers for the odd multilayer game. Ps3 nobody used 6axis Ps4 nobody used the touch pad. It's just a gimmick. These adaptive triggers seem ripe for breaking and being a pain to replace.
Agree, not sure many games have pushed the boundaries of the PS4. In defense of the controllers I have only used one from the first day release and still use it, the thumb pad has worn away but still works fine. PS5 needs a large HDD also as I hate the external one!

Alkhen

Agree, not sure many games have pushed the boundaries of the PS4. In defense of the controllers I have only used one from the first day release and still use it, the thumb pad has worn away but still works fine. PS5 needs a large HDD also as I hate the external one!

Yeah agreed build quality isn't the issue currently but I am worried adding a motorised element that changes the resistance is going to be a weak point.

My fhumb sticks wore away but I found replacements for a couple of quid on ebay and a really easy to follow tutorial on youtube. I would avoid the off brand rubberized ones as they went all sticky and gross within a month.

I have stuck some aluminium ones on and the are lovely

2 x Aluminium Controller Analog Thumbsticks Thumb Grip Cap For PS4 / XBOX ONE | eBay

ajsccfc

I had the thumbstick wear on a release day controller pretty quickly and had to buy grips. Eventually replaced it as R2 stopped working and I'm guessing they quickly revised the design as the replacement one has been great with no real wear on the sticks at all outside what you'd expect from use over time.

ajsccfc

If the actual console released to the public looks anything like that dev kit I'm getting an Xbox instead.

Ccfcsj

I normally buy both the XBox and the Playstation. I play the Xbox One X more than my PS4 but when an exclusive game comes out on the PS4 I neglect the XBox :)

As I'll be 50 when the new consoles come out I might need to evaluate my life choices and see if either still floats my boat

Reactions: vow

ajsccfc

Looking at the covers it was 8 I had, got it on release day after being enthralled watching my friend play 7 to death. It's odd that I scoff at the idea of people watching games being streamed on Youtube when I'd happily to go my friends house and watch him play a story mode through.

covcity4life

Looking at the covers it was 8 I had, got it on release day after being enthralled watching my friend play 7 to death. It's odd that I scoff at the idea of people watching games being streamed on Youtube when I'd happily to go my friends house and watch him play a story mode through.
fmv cut scenes was a big deal back then though

Users who are viewing this thread