Proud (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

Hi fellas.

Had a great day yesterday, only just got over the hangover! I just wanted to say how proud I am. Proud of the team, especially in the first half, proud of the fans before during and after. That long walk back to Finsbury Park was hilarious!

It brought a tear to my eye, approaching The Emerites at around 4pm to hear the booming of the Sky Blue Song from the pubs. Walking around Camden at 2pm and seeing numerous sky blue shirts and scarves.

And oh how we sang for those 90minutes! Amazing. And also amazing to hear Arsenal fans chanting "Who Are Ya?" to US!!!

Just like the good old days. Loved every second. Thank you CCFC, and thank you fellow fans!

sky_blue_up_north

It was brilliant just brilliant best away day probably since the United game. Totally agree with everything you said.

pusbccfc

Was an amazing night. The first time I've enjoyed a game for a long long time!

kepit 2 yusen

Totally agree - I went on my own as my son was a bit too young to stay up late and go to school today but having seen the other kids there, I really wish I had let him come. However, I never felt alone, chatted to loads of fellow fans I had never met and had a blast ! What a great bunch of fans - the best ! It made me remember that we do have a big following and if we can take that many to an away game, just think what we can do at home when we find our form. We saw a taste last night that they do have what it takes. It's time to show our faces, get behind the team and all start believing. We WILL be back ! PUSB

neilyboy67

Totally agree - I went on my own as my son was a bit too young to stay up late and go to school today but having seen the other kids there, I really wish I had let him come. However, I never felt alone, chatted to loads of fellow fans I had never met and had a blast ! What a great bunch of fans - the best ! It made me remember that we do have a big following and if we can take that many to an away game, just think what we can do at home when we find our form. We saw a taste last night that they do have what it takes. It's time to show our faces, get behind the team and all start believing. We WILL be back ! PUSB
should of done what i did i gave my lad a sickie ooooooooh bad parent! didnt get back till 2 though and wouldnt of wanted him to miss it for the world, stay in the memory bank forever

Astute

Hi fellas.

Had a great day yesterday, only just got over the hangover! I just wanted to say how proud I am. Proud of the team, especially in the first half, proud of the fans before during and after. That long walk back to Finsbury Park was hilarious!

It brought a tear to my eye, approaching The Emerites at around 4pm to hear the booming of the Sky Blue Song from the pubs. Walking around Camden at 2pm and seeing numerous sky blue shirts and scarves.

And oh how we sang for those 90minutes! Amazing. And also amazing to hear Arsenal fans chanting "Who Are Ya?" to US!!!

Just like the good old days. Loved every second. Thank you CCFC, and thank you fellow fans!

I am amazed you heard it as well. You must have been close to them. I was in the middle of lots of us that hardly stopped singing all the way through the game. The only time I heard them was each time they scored, and even then they were not as loud as we were for the rest of the time.

Steve.B50

I agree, all you could hear on way and from coaches (so called 10 min walk) was Sky Blues songs.

For the first time in ages I was a proud man last night.

Astute

It could be like this every week if we all made the effort to go.

More like it could be like this each week if our players gave us a reason to. Proud of the boys who played last night. Proud of our fans other than the odd idiot. But considering how many of us were there there was bound to be a few. Give the fans a reason to cheer and they will. We have had a lack of reasons for over 40 years now.

WillieStanley

Will all you glory fans be at the next home game though? Thought not

Will you? I plan to fulfil the obligations I paid for with my Season Ticket, so yes, I will be. I'm sure plenty of others there last night will be too! In fact there was talk on the way home as to how fans were getting to Oldham!

Astute, I was in the block next to them! Really decent banter. No one getting too carried away!

One Arsenal fan said to me after the Sky Blue Song "Oh so, we're just "Anyone" are we!"

Made me smile!

Astute

Never came across a Arsenal fan that wasn't sound all day and we arrived about 2pm. We spent the first couple of hours in an Arsenal pub. All we got was a Hammers fan telling us he hoped we would beat them and that he was a Sky Blue for the night

Gooner4Life

As an Arsenal season ticket holder I thought I would actually take time out to register and post on this forum. I also was at the game last night and I have to admit and give credit where credit is due for the Coventry fans. Forget the result for a second I just couldn't believe how your fans kept singing after the 6th goal went in! I was walking also to Finesbury Park right after the game and there were thousands of you still chanting about Robin Van Persie. Apart from your funny accents you have definitely done well for the reputation down here for your club.

pusbccfc

As an Arsenal season ticket holder I thought I would actually take time out to register and post on this forum. I also was at the game last night and I have to admit and give credit where credit is due for the Coventry fans. Forget the result for a second I just couldn't believe how your fans kept singing after the 6th goal went in! I was walking also to Finesbury Park right after the game and there were thousands of you still chanting about Robin Van Persie. Apart from your funny accents you have definitely done well for the reputation down here for your club.

Funny accents!? We don't have one! It's exceedingly rare:whistle::cool:

LewSkyBlue

the RVP song was quite funny to be fair :)

WillieStanley

Were you the lad with the Gooner 4 Life tee on, walking along side us at the end? "Arsenal give us a song!"

valiant15

Blimey it was arsenal away in the league cup,not the fa cup final. I suppose its a sign of how desparate our fans our for a tiny bit of success.

WillieStanley

Blimey it was arsenal away in the league cup,not the fa cup final. I suppose its a sign of how desparate our fans our for a tiny bit of success.
A well earned day out with The City. They don't come around too often, why not enjoy it, especially after last season and the begininning of this!

skybluegod

mate let people have a bit of fun we got to play a massive club and give the fans a good night out and a chance to see the players play well for at least 45-60 mins, we're proud that our team and fans went to arsenal and gave their all.

LastGarrison

mate let people have a bit of fun we got to play a massive club and give the fans a good night out and a chance to see the players play well for at least 45-60 mins, we're proud that our team and fans went to arsenal and gave their all.

His sentiment is right though, as Cov fans we do crave the tiniest bit of success because we have had so little.

Hence massive followings in recent years to Man U and Arsenal, clubs we played every season for over 20 years.

WillieStanley

His sentiment is right though, as Cov fans we do crave the tiniest bit of success because we have had so little.

Hence massive followings in recent years to Man U and Arsenal, clubs we played every season for over 20 years.

But even for us who remember Arsenal and United as an annual fixture, its a nostalgia hit. Not to mention the fact that I've never been to that ground before. As a 15 year old, 26/12/99, not only did we beat Arsenal, we outplayed and outclassed them. Yesterday was a chance to remember the good old days, and boy did it feel like it used to.

Coventry La La La

Every post I have ever read from valiant15 has been negative, I challenge someone to find a positive post from valiant, I'm yet to find one. :(

Also great support last night, wasn't expecting that. the SBA just kept getting louder the more goals Arsenal struck in, PUSB. :claping hands:

Last edited:

LastGarrison

But even for us who remember Arsenal and United as an annual fixture, its a nostalgia hit. Not to mention the fact that I've never been to that ground before. As a 15 year old, 26/12/99, not only did we beat Arsenal, we outplayed and outclassed them. Yesterday was a chance to remember the good old days, and boy did it feel like it used to.

Of course but it does show how starved off success we are that Arsenal away in the League cup against a weakened side that beat us 6-1 is seen as a highlight of modern times.

WillieStanley

Of course but it does show how starved off success we are that Arsenal away in the League cup against a weakened side that beat us 6-1 is seen as a highlight of modern times.
I agree, but at the moment, I choose to ignore that, and take heart in the fact that, if we do manage to get our season on track, the fan base is there, ready and waiting.

LastGarrison

I agree, but at the moment, I choose to ignore that, and take heart in the fact that, if we do manage to get our season on track, the fan base is there, ready and waiting.

Totally agree. Would be great to get that sort of following at Notts County away when we just need a point for promotion......

Every post I have ever read from valiant15 has been negative, I challenge someone to find a positive post from valiant, I'm yet to find one. :(

Also great support last night, wasn't expecting that. the SBA just kept getting louder the more goals Arsenal struck in, PUSB. :claping hands:

I went back to my local in Highbury for a beer last night. The landlord said they could hear the Coventry fans throughout the match from the pub. He was amazed - it's nearly a mile from the ground! :)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I went back to my local in Highbury for a beer last night. The landlord said they could hear the Coventry fans throughout the match from the pub. He was amazed - it's nearly a mile from the ground! :)

I thought our fans were class. Why cant some of our fans, rather than bitching about trivial details, just take it as it is? have a good day out lashing around london, have a laugh, sing your heart out. Ill remeber wednesday forever, one of the best aways, drank all over london all day

Users who are viewing this thread