Protests don't work. Try telling the Football League! (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Seems that after more than a year trying to get the Football League to help to us,and only getting bog standard replies,THEY now want our help.

Seems that the Football League are on the verge of signing a new sponsorship deal for the League Cup and are desperate to avoid any bad publicity and want us and Cardiff to stop the protests on Wednesday because by all accounts representatives will be there. Also apparantly they tried to get the game switched to the Ricoh but SISU would have none of it.

So Football League you couldn't get involved when the fans wanted you to begged you in fact to help us,but the smell of good old cash and you're desperate:facepalm:

Well I'm going to enjoy watching you squirm on Wednesday night :claping hands::laugh::guitar2:

For all you out there who don't think protests work:thinking about:

One game SISU could have done this for us and it could have been the olive branch that could unravel the mess and start the path to common sense

letsallsingtogether

What's happened Steve?
Read the op statement/heading says it all really I am abroad at the moment and even I can read see what is going on have meet a few out here that have opened my eyes to what is happening.
So come along tomorrow we will enlighten you?

If you don't trust the posters on here and you know any prominent Cardiff City fans then ask them?
I know they have the same information........

Sky Blue Kid

@ letsallsingtogether.................You're bang on the money mate. All of my wife's family are big Cardiff City fans, and ALL of them know/have the same information that Coventry fans have. This up coming game will be the first time in 30 years that myself and in-laws have come together in a cause for both our teams. Both SISU and Tan are poison, and both need to be eradicated.

LB87ccfc

This stinks of desperation as you fully well know, the only way to protest is with the feet.. not going at all.

Embarrassing, virtually sounds like your begging for people to attend.

Good luck with all 20 that go and protest.

chiefdave

The idea of an empty ground is great but there is zero chance that will happen. So if we go down that route you might end up with a slightly lower than usual crowd but all anyone who's watching on Sky will think is that we can't be bothered to turn up.

A big protest on the hill, even if just a few hundred, would get coverage and be something that people watching would notice.

I believe SISU almost bought Man City before us. If they had, could you imagine the City of Manchester stadium being entrusted to this lot. And then moving Man City to, say, Rochdale. :eek:

Bet the FL :jerkit: would have done something then.

letsallsingtogether

This stinks of desperation as you fully well know, the only way to protest is with the feet.. not going at all.
So is the club not in a desperate state?
Sad to know you are embarrassed with fellow City fans?
But I suppose you are right most can't be bothered to do anything barr slag others off embarrassing to say the least.
Embarrassing, virtually sounds like your begging for people to attend.

Good luck with all 20 that go and protest.

The idea of an empty ground is great but there is zero chance that will happen. So if we go down that route you might end up with a slightly lower than usual crowd but all anyone who's watching on Sky will think is that we can't be bothered to turn up.

A big protest on the hill, even if just a few hundred, would get coverage and be something that people watching would notice.

Spot on.

While I agree with the posters on this thread and elsewhere who think 100% boycott would send a better message, I am amazed that they don't recognise that it is never going to happen. You only need to spend a short time on this forum to realise that - and most of those posters are regulars. So the inevitable (say) 1,000 Cov fans in the ground on no-one on the Hill sends no message at all other than apathy. A decent number on the Hill + those in the ground all singing from the same Hymn sheet, 'Let Down by the Football League', is at least an active message of defiance, one that will embarrass the FL on live TV!

And as the FL is an embarrassment to their own slogan of 'Real Football, Real Fans' it's about time we gave them some back.

Noggin

Spot on.

While I agree with the posters on this thread and elsewhere who think 100% boycott would send a better message, I am amazed that they don't recognise that it is never going to happen. You only need to spend a short time on this forum to realise that - and most of those posters are regulars. So the inevitable (say) 1,000 Cov fans in the ground on no-one on the Hill sends no message at all other than apathy. A decent number on the Hill + those in the ground all singing from the same Hymn sheet, 'Let Down by the Football League', is at least an active message of defiance, one that will embarrass the FL on live TV!

And as the FL is an embarrassment to their own slogan of 'Real Football, Real Fans' it's about time we gave them some back.

I completely agree that talking about a 100% boycott protest is pointless because it simply won't happen, it's important when designing a protest to make something thats going to work, The hold up banners at Arsenal was a great example of that, you already have thousands of people there, you just need to get them banners and inform them and it all works brilliantly. Unfortunately this organised protest is the complete opposite of that. You are starting with a small scattered number of people at sixfields at a game that would have had a very small number of Coventry fans (not included in season ticket, in northampton, weekday game, on tv) and these small number of people have shown no appetite to protest. You are requiring thousands of other people to do something different than they were going too, to spend hours of their time after work for a protest that doesn't look like will go well. I hope I'm wrong, I hope you are right, I hope there are 3000 people standing outside holding up banners, getting great media coverage but we all know their won't be.

I'm sure you'll get a reasonable number of people to hold up banners in six fields, there will be a few dozen extra people on the hill and the protest will have done more damage than positive because you've increased the sixfields crowd.

If I thought for a second you would get thousands of people standing outside protesting I'd be praising you and I'd be there but I'm badly disabled and in order to come I have to get someone who wouldn't want to come to spend hours of their time to help me and thats simply not worth it for such little chance of the protest going well.

S

Stadtler

The problem with calling for a complete boycott is a) you won't ever get 100%, as lamtara says, and b) while it hits Sisu's pockets, it's not exactly a "telegenic" protest. TV companies like things that are active and noisy - it makes better TV. So as big a presence on the hill is best for this game - and if we can get those inside SF to join in, at least it will show their hearts are in the right place.

Having said that, it doesn't mean I'm opposed to NOPM. I won't even go on the offal if it gives them a fraction of a penny each time I click on it. Long term, starving them out has to be the right tactic, and I for one will be continuing that even if they go back to the Ricoh.

Steve.B50

One single person standing in a half empty stand holding up a leaflet will get as much attention as the total Cardiff end backing the "Let Down" message.

Remember the Football League will be at this game tomorrow, they will not want any negatives messages, especially if the stories are correct and they have potential cup sponsors with them.

Steve.B50

It will not happen but could you imagine what the potential sponsors and the FL would say if there were more on the hill than in the ground.

That would send out a massive statement.

bigfatronssba

It will not happen but could you imagine what the potential sponsors and the FL would say if there were more on the hill than in the ground.

That would send out a massive statement.

Is there any substance in this rumour of potential sponsors being there?

Personally I don't know how any representative of the FL dare show their face at one of our matches.

Steve.B50

Is there any substance in this rumour of potential sponsors being there?

Personally I don't know how any representative of the FL dare show their face at one of our matches.

Only rumours but have had two different reliable sources give same information. Been told they are wetting themselves about tomorrow night.

Steve.B50

They maybe local, or maybe interested in Cardiff or Welsh, they maybe only interested in sponsorship of the cup?
No one knows for sure.

pusbccfc

They maybe local, or maybe interested in Cardiff or Welsh, they maybe only interested in sponsorship of the cup?
No one knows for sure.

They may be interested in Coventry, eh!

Users who are viewing this thread