Protest idea (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

OK so with talk of "another" forum for non season ticket holders planed soon, could the trust not organise a protest? image if the 6000-7000 that turned up in broad gate, stood outside the venue?
Sisu seem to forget that this is a city of many people, some do not support CCFC, some do but chose where and when to attend. but a sniff of play offs or a cup run (even JPT) and over 30,000 will be looking to support this team. sisu only want to cater for a few "super supporters" even these forums only a very small percentage allowed a say!
What gives them or anyone the right to say who is a better or more deserving suporter than the next. OK I might not go right now (only to a few away games) but over the last 40 years I been to pretty much every game I could, as have my family, with a "new" stadium, will Mr Fisher decide I am not good enough to be one of the lucky 12,000 should we see any sort of success????? what gives him that right.
It needs addressing now, as if they ever did build that staudium, and we were in this league, we stand a good chance of getting to the play offs, and since 1987, when 250,000 turned up in the city centre. I'm sure the interest would be on hell of a lot, and I for one deserve the right to watch the team I supported since birth???

I dont go to sixfields, I do support CCFC like my whole family, we deserve as much a ticket, or a say as the next person. Its a non starter of a stadium anyway, but a good oppertunity to protest to SISU.

wafw1971

Protests have not and will not work. In this situation the only way this nightmare ends if some multi multi millionaire offers £40 to £50 million to Sisu/Otium for CCFC, then spend another £10 million buying the 50% of ACL. And then find another 5 to 9 million to run the club. Does anyone know someone like that, didnt think so.

ricohroar

Ok lets just lye down and die shell we? Fisher wins. protests do work when done right. 10 people outside a council house NO, but thousands causing disruption do. otherwise why would people in all areas of life protest?

pusbccfc

If we are getting a hammering at Arsenal then start a few 'back to the Ricoh' chants in front of millions on TV.
Will be our biggest audience in years.

wafw1971

I didn't say that I was going to 'lye down and die' my point was and will always be, money talks the loudest, thousands already protested and it didn't work, small gates at Sixfields hasn't worked, the hill crowd at Sixfields hasn't worked. And as for the 'groups' who claim to represent the fans, 'The Trust', 'NOPM', 'KCIC' and others, not one of them agree with the other one, we have 3 major forums and again fans on one dislike the fans on the others so how can we protest together if we dont agree with each other.

"We are Coventry City Football Club fans and we want to watch Coventry City Football Club in Coventry" this is a simple statement but its is so hard to get everybody to agree. Disband all other groups and start afresh with a united front, no politics, no bullshit, straight talking and honest views. Lets start a list of what we want.

1. CCFC to play all home games in Coventry

Last edited:

mrtrench

I understand that the people invited to the first forum are planning a protest because they want to stay at Sixfields.

lewys33

Not a bad idea to be fair.

Dont listen to the opinions of some that sit behind a keyboard mocking you whilst they sit idle and do nothing. If you think it is a good idea get in touch with the trust or Michael from KCIC.

mrtrench

will always be money talks the loudest

I agree

thousands already protested and it didn't work, small gates at Sixfields hasn't worked, the hill crowd at Sixfields hasn't worked.

How do you know? We haven't given it long have we? And not attending Sixfields is about money - so there is a contradiction in your argument.

I do agree that the money involved by not attending one game at Sixfields is dwarfed against the gain from getting the Ricoh for free (or cheap - give me some poetic license here). But each game accumulates. I believe that the very moment that it becomes obvious there is no way SISU can get the Ricoh they will asset strip the club and walk.

ricohroar

Give up to easily. I include myself in this statement, but CCFC fans must be some of the most spineless fans in the World. "Oh that didnt work" lets give up!!! If the Germans attacked Coventry now a days, you'd have 80% of Coventry citizens walking around in Nazi uniforms has they had more chance of winning, 18% not liking it but saying, oh well I think they are right, Blue eyes and Blonde haoir would look good??? and a very small percentage of whats left trying to fight a losing battle........

A very few got on the pitch at Crawley earlier this season, if the whole end would of got on the pitch, and done it week after week, the FA would dock us points. How long could SISU keep CCFC going in small crowds, getting docked points, not being able to finish matches etc.... OK its bad for the great young team we have, but its also bad young soldiers lose their lives fighting for our countires rights. Sometimes you have to accept a loss to get what you want.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one would move Millwal or Leeds etc out of their cities and get away with it..... coventry, less we lay down and say 1 protest didnt work as we're not back????

wafw1971

At this point we have no idea what is going on with SISU/Otium or ACL or the Council, we have 3 bodies that have the future of CCFC in their hands and don't seem to be doing anything positive with it.

And before we approach either body with proposals we need to clear on what us (the fans) want and this has to be a united front, when large numbers of people are involved of course you are going to get disagreements between fans (have you ever had a discussion about man of the match after a game) but if a vote is taken and the majority rule, for example that we must do everything in our power to get CCFC back playing in Coventry regardless of owners then the group must agree to support the majority and not go and form a splinter group.

wafw1971

Oh dear, so what your saying is we should now break the law, get CCFC (the team) docked points just to protest.

Can I just clarify that the issues of a 'football team' is minute to the sacrifices people made during the war and the two should never be brought up again in the same conversation shocking and is out of order.

letsallsingtogether

We need our anti FA / FL banners out around the ground so they throw some of us out for protesting. Lets embarrass them. Leave the Sisu ot ones at home for the next time. :thinking about: Nar fuc it take them as well.

It will make the papers and Tv hopefully still got mine from the march will try and get it in...Show the world how we are being treated and suppressed from having a voice.

standupforcity

Ok lets just lye down and die shell we? Fisher wins. protests do work when done right. 10 people outside a council house NO, but thousands causing disruption do. otherwise why would people in all areas of life protest?

I posted this back in October.....

[h=2]
icon1.png
Time to move the protest inside...[/h]
Watching the game on TV yesterday it struck me how ineffectual the protest and presence on the hill is. I haven't been to Sixfields yet, believing it the right thing to do if we are to make our feelings felt. But I'm beginning to think the protest from the hill isn't working and it's time to move the protest inside the stadium. We all want to see the football, and I'd be prepared to go and watch a home game if I knew I would be part of a mass and prolonged noisy protest throughout the game, with as many eyecatching banners as possible. This laid back approach we're adopting at the moment and hoping for results is not working. Packing the stadium, causing real focus, stretching the police resourses to marshall us and being passionate in our demands, might be a better way. As they kept saying on Sky ''Coventry are too big a club....etc etc', and they're right. So I'm saying this 'big' club deserves big support, big protest worthy of our true status and history. The weather probably put a lot of people off yesterday, but if they'd known they were going to be under cover and part of someting that felt a lot more positive, Im sure they'd have gone....I would!!! So I believe it's time to stop pussyfooting around, get inside that stadium and show sisu we really do care about our club and mean business, and we're notgoing to go away. And frankly I don't care if it means putting a few bob in sisu's pocket .... money really isn't the most impotant thing here at the moment...getting back to the Ricoh is....first things first!

LB87ccfc

I posted this back in October.....

icon1.png
Time to move the protest inside...

Watching the game on TV yesterday it struck me how ineffectual the protest and presence on the hill is. I haven't been to Sixfields yet, believing it the right thing to do if we are to make our feelings felt. But I'm beginning to think the protest from the hill isn't working and it's time to move the protest inside the stadium. We all want to see the football, and I'd be prepared to go and watch a home game if I knew I would be part of a mass and prolonged noisy protest throughout the game, with as many eyecatching banners as possible. This laid back approach we're adopting at the moment and hoping for results is not working. Packing the stadium, causing real focus, stretching the police resourses to marshall us and being passionate in our demands, might be a better way. As they kept saying on Sky ''Coventry are too big a club....etc etc', and they're right. So I'm saying this 'big' club deserves big support, big protest worthy of our true status and history. The weather probably put a lot of people off yesterday, but if they'd known they were going to be under cover and part of someting that felt a lot more positive, Im sure they'd have gone....I would!!! So I believe it's time to stop pussyfooting around, get inside that stadium and show sisu we really do care about our club and mean business, and we're notgoing to go away. And frankly I don't care if it means putting a few bob in sisu's pocket .... money really isn't the most impotant thing here at the moment...getting back to the Ricoh is....first things first!

Exactly this... if we got 1000's turn up at one game at Sixfields, they would not know what the hell to do, does not mean going in even, just 1000's protesting outside and stretching the policing would cause havoc.. but then again, were not bothered are we...

shmmeee

Oh dear, so what your saying is we should now break the law, get CCFC (the team) docked points just to protest.

Can I just clarify that the issues of a 'football team' is minute to the sacrifices people made during the war and the two should never be brought up again in the same conversation shocking and is out of order.

Mentioning two things in analogy is not saying they're the same magnitude.

shmmeee

When are you doing your survey cos you could include a question about different types of protest. Answers would be v interesting

Woah woah woah. When did I agree to do the whole thing?

I can if you want. If you'll publicise it. I'll sort something this weekend.

Something about: which protests would you attend? Then a list of choices to pick as many as you want?

Get a list of ideas together and I'll knock something up.

MichaelCCFC

Woah woah woah. When did I agree to do the whole thing?

I can if you want. If you'll publicise it. I'll sort something this weekend.

Something about: which protests would you attend? Then a list of choices to pick as many as you want?

Get a list of ideas together and I'll knock something up.

woah woah woah??? In a thread after the last survey you deffo said you'd agreed to run a survey.

wafw1971

woah woah woah??? In a thread after the last survey you deffo said you'd agreed to run a survey.

To get a true representation you would need to put the survey on to survey monkey or some other site like that and link it to every Forum site, The Trusts site, The Telegraph, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace (does anyone actually use this anymore) etc a big undertaking.

Good Luck. :D

Users who are viewing this thread