Proposal from Sky Blue Trust Members Meeting: Support CCFC Ladies on 16th March (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky blue john

About as funny as those who lend more support to the council than ccfc. A bit like yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lol.
I take it you keep telling yourself that sought of crap to justify your actions ?

torchomatic

Lol.
I take it you keep telling yourself that sought of crap to justify your actions ?

I support my team like I always have. I don't need to justify that to you or anyone else.

sky blue john

I attended the charity legends match at the start of the season, I guess it was a bit naive thinking at the time it may help but it was just turned into one big anti SISU event. Whilst I don't particularly like SISU I wanted to go to watch a game of football with some of the past heroes but it just didn't have the same feeling, I wasn't fussed if somebody scored.

At the end Joe Elliott was rolled out and people were worshipping him, literally doing the worship actions to him while he sang SISU Out. It was cringeworthy.

The guy with the camera who kept coming round trying to encourage people to jump up and down and chant about SISU so he could film it, also wasn't for me.

There were a hell of a lot of people there, but it didn't make the slightest bit of difference.

All it will do is cause more division and people will go and watch a game of football they won't particularly enjoy out of spite to just realise it isn't the same as it isn't CCFC :(

In the last few months I think the Trust were doing a great job, talking through gritted teeth and remaining balanced while the club were being dicks but being professional, I think if this happened it would just undo that great work and have them labelled as "teamed with ACL" again.

I wasn't at the legends game so I can't really comment. But if you think the experiance you had to endure was worse than Sisu taking CCFC to sixfields then i'm lost for words !!

Grendel

Lol.

Justify what? I'd rather justify attending a CCFC football match than an ACL / council love in.

Last edited:

Norman Binns

I’m totally in favour of this. It’s an opportunity for the people of Coventry to support a team representing the city of Coventry and more importantly IN the city of Coventry. A bigger attendance at a ladies home fixture than the first team home fixture on the same day re-inforces and impresses upon SISU the absolute importance and magnitude of playing in one’s home town or city.

What better way to inflict abject humiliation upon our owners. I’m dismayed – yet unsurprised – by the negative attitude by the usual suspects pouring cold water on this.

torchomatic

If you can tell me what it is going to achieve, I will happily go.

"media coverage" isn't really a good enough answer.

As I said earlier we've had media coverage since July. Everyone knows the situation and how shit it is. Bad publicity for SISU or the FL has made no difference.

The WHY? protests at Arsenal and Notts County were inspired and I was proud to join in at Meadow Lane. This won't have any affect on proceedings.

Just go and enjoy a game at the Ricoh. There's nothing more to it than that.

sky blue john

I’m totally in favour of this. It’s an opportunity for the people of Coventry to support a team representing the city of Coventry and more importantly IN the city of Coventry. A bigger attendance at a ladies home fixture than the first team home fixture on the same day re-inforces and impresses upon SISU the absolute importance and magnitude of playing in one’s home town or city.

What better way to inflict abject humiliation upon our owners. I’m dismayed – yet unsurprised – by the negative attitude by the usual suspects pouring cold water on this.

Agreed.
I'm afraid the sixfield attendees supporters club are united on trying to discredit any protest ideas.
Personally i don't see all the fuss its nothing to do with them they will be at sixfields anyway !!!!

italiahorse

I just hope that the Sisu apologists on here are not typical of the majority of support.
If they are then we deserve the club we have and there is no hope.

Just on this thread there seems to be more bile against those going to the Ricoh than the other way round.
It's just a match that will have no influence on the situation other than perhaps fans getting a kick from a bigger attendance than that at Sixfields.

Please build a new stadium !!!

torchomatic

Yes, I'll be at Sixfields with my lad to watch us beat Port Vale.

I'm not trying to discredit anything, I just don't think it'll make any difference.

Agreed.
I'm afraid the sixfield attendees supporters club are united on trying to discredit any protest ideas.
Personally i don't see all the fuss its nothing to do with them they will be at sixfields anyway !!!!

H

Huckerby

Do you know what's sad? This whole time people have being trying to get across that without fans there is no football. Fans are bigger than the owners, etc etc.

It's just not true is it? They can do whatever the hell they want and we can't change it.

Nick and Torch - you just shoot it all down and say that they need to lobby both sides to get back round the table....just highlights how powerless we are in this whole situation :(

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Before you all go off the deepend again,there was an open meeting of the Trust there was a guy there from the ladies team think he was the manager but not sure he said there was a ladies game at the Ricoh somebody else said why dont the people who dont go to Sixfields go to the Ricoh. This has got nothing to do with CCC I would have thought it was an ideal opportunity to protest against ACL/CCC I would happily join in,but it's not going to happen is it because you all would rather argue the toss with each other on here and I'm talking about pro/anti ACL/CCC/SISU:facepalm:

torchomatic

I can't see any bile on this thread from anyone. Well, not until you started with the SISU apologist stuff. Seems to me if there's bile it seems to come from one direction most of the time.

I just hope that the Sisu apologists on here are not typical of the majority of support.
If they are then we deserve the club we have and there is no hope.

Just on this thread there seems to be more bile against those going to the Ricoh than the other way round.
It's just a match that will have no influence on the situation other than perhaps fans getting a kick from a bigger attendance than that at Sixfields.

Please build a new stadium !!!

Nick

Administrator
Agreed.

Well no, people aren't going to support Sixfields are they? They are going to watch CCFC so if you want to say CCFC supports club then it is fine. It must mean that you accept that on that day it will be ACL supporters club going to watch the women?

I don't discredit all protest ideas, just ones that won't work and just cause division. If it does work and SISU bring us back because of it then I would be the first to say how wrong I was and how good the Trust were for thinking of it.

Surely it is the same as the charity match, which achieved nothing in regards to bringing us home.

Noggin

I can't see any bile on this thread from anyone. Well, not until you started with the SISU apologist stuff. Seems to me if there's bile it seems to come from one direction most of the time.

you see what you want to see as always, how about Grendels ACL/CCC wankfest for some bile?

Nick

Administrator
Do you know what's sad? This whole time people have being trying to get across that without fans there is no football. Fans are bigger than the owners, etc etc.

It's just not true is it? They can do whatever the hell they want and we can't change it.

Nick and Torch - you just shoot it all down and say that they need to lobby both sides to get back round the table....just highlights how powerless we are in this whole situation :(

It is the truth though isn't it? There is no point saying "if we all go to this game then SISU will bring us home" because they won't, if it was the case I would be buying tickets now and trying to get as many people as I could to also do it. The sad fact is that it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference the same as the charity match.

sky blue john

I'm also amazed at how some think we have done a few protests and they haven't worked ?
The protests have received good media coverage. I haven't given up at the first hurdle and run off to sixfields with my tail between my legs !!!

torchomatic

I'm not shooting anything down. My opinion is it won't make any difference whatsoever as we have already done similar things in the past. And so what if I have that opinion? You'll all do it anyway and good on you for giving it a go. My lone voice isn't going to make any difference, is it?

Nick

Administrator
I'm also amazed at how some think we have done a few protests and they haven't worked ?
The protests have received good media coverage. I haven't given up at the first hurdle and run off to sixfields with my tail between my legs !!!

They haven't worked though have they, as we aren't in Coventry? Isn't that the aim?

I do agree that the "this is what you could have had" approach is good, but the bad part is having it at the Ricoh while ACL sit there scott free again (even though most people see they have some blame)

torchomatic

Hadn't seen it. I disagree with both him and Italia on this.

you see what you want to see as always, how about Grendels ACL/CCC wankfest for some bile?

Grendel

I thought that was an accurate description to be fair. Lets face it if they were playing at the normal venue no one would go. Any I'm now apparantly a member of the Sixfields supporters cub. Do I get a badge?

H

Huckerby

It is the truth though isn't it? There is no point saying "if we all go to this game then SISU will bring us home" because they won't, if it was the case I would be buying tickets now and trying to get as many people as I could to also do it. The sad fact is that it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference the same as the charity match.

That's the sad truth. I think people just get pissed off when they see you guys saying it won't change a thing, which is unfortunately right, and not come up with any other ideas know what I mean. Probably because you genuinely don't have any, neither do I, but I think with everyone being so pissed at the situation all they see is you shooting it down and not providing any other ideas.
Not having a go or anything

H

Huckerby

I'm not shooting anything down. My opinion is it won't make any difference whatsoever as we have already done similar things in the past. And so what if I have that opinion? You'll all do it anyway and good on you for giving it a go. My lone voice isn't going to make any difference, is it?
Don't get defensive mate I wasn't having a go. See above

sky blue john

Well no, people aren't going to support Sixfields are they? They are going to watch CCFC so if you want to say CCFC supports club then it is fine. It must mean that you accept that on that day it will be ACL supporters club going to watch the women?

I don't discredit all protest ideas, just ones that won't work and just cause division. If it does work and SISU bring us back because of it then I would be the first to say how wrong I was and how good the Trust were for thinking of it.

Surely it is the same as the charity match, which achieved nothing in regards to bringing us home.

Just for you because you seem a bit nieve on how protests work.
Would it help if i got a contract drawn up to say that if Nick attends the next trust protest Sisu have to bring Ccfc back to Cov and then get TF or ML to sign it ?

Nick

Administrator
That's the sad truth. I think people just get pissed off when they see you guys saying it won't change a thing, which is unfortunately right, and not come up with any other ideas know what I mean. Probably because you genuinely don't have any, neither do I, but I think with everyone being so pissed at the situation all they see is you shooting it down and not providing any other ideas.
Not having a go or anything

I always say fair play for trying, I don't think people standing on the hill will change anything but they are there every game in gale force winds proving their point so they should be respected for that.

torchomatic

Just saying I wasn't shooting anything down. Nothing more. I've got nothing to be defensive about. I've not got an issue with my stance.

Don't get defensive mate I wasn't having a go. See above

Nick

Administrator
Just for you because you seem a bit nieve on how protests work.
Would it help if i got a contract drawn up to say that if Nick attends the next trust protest Sisu have to bring Ccfc back to Cov and then get TF or ML to sign it ?

I know how protests work, or don't in this instance as it won't change a thing :(

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I thought the "Why" campaign was aimed at all parties not just SISU/Club or did I get that wrong? So I can see why some would find merit, if you want to back that campaign, to taking it to the Ricoh. It shouldn't be couched as an anti SISU campaign because the KCIC campaign was questioning all parties SISU, CCFC, ACL, CCC etc

My own opinion is that it will have little effect and little coverage.

CCFC ladies however deserve our support and I will get there to do that if I can.

H

Huckerby

Just saying I wasn't shooting anything down. Nothing more. I've got nothing to be defensive about. I've not got an issue with my stance.
okay if you don't like that wording then "claiming they are pointless"

torchomatic

Totally agree, OSB. Use it as a good day out at the Ricoh rather than a protest. Remind both sides of our potential.

I thought the "Why" campaign was aimed at all parties not just SISU/Club or did I get that wrong? So I can see why some would find merit, if you want to back that campaign, to taking it to the Ricoh.

My own opinion is that it will have little effect and little coverage.

CCFC ladies however deserve our support and I will get there to do that if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread