Promotion's not in SISU's interest, but relagation is. (1 Viewer)

Snozz_is_god

They've as much as admitted it. TF has already said that the current Ricoh financial arrangements don't work in the championship.

I'm wondering if what they really want to keep expenses down is 4th division football.

I weakened a little when we first went back to Ricoh and went to 3 games, from now on it's Not One Penny More until they have gone.

stupot07

Why would relegation be in the best interest? Both in league one and league 2 FFP is a % of your turnover.

If you think that's what they want than NOPM is going to help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mrtrench

They've as much as admitted it. TF has already said that the current Ricoh financial arrangements don't work in the championship.

What a load of old tosh. I've read some nonsense on here about SISU, ACL and CCC but crikey this takes the biscuit.

kmj5000

What a load of old tosh. I've read some nonsense on here about SISU, ACL and CCC but crikey this takes the biscuit.
The argument may have legs? They can then blame the council for their predicament and they have an excuse not to build a new stadium!

Travs

I'm wondering if what they really want to keep expenses down is 4th division football.

I weakened a little when we first went back to Ricoh and went to 3 games, from now on it's Not One Penny More until they have gone.

Off you go then, don't make yourself to be a hero....

letsallsingtogether

The argument may have legs? They can then blame the council for their predicament and they have an excuse not to build a new stadium!

You can't build a new stadium with washers!!

Who in there right mind will back them

Sisu are
Not trust worthy.
Incompetent.
Selfish.
Useless.
Skint.
No management or customer skills we are doomed while they are here. The sooner they fuck off the better.

Never thought I would say this but I am making my one man stand and won't be going on Saturday Fuck Um not worth £10.00 never mind £22.00:mad::mad:

And if that makes me less of a Sky Blues fan so be it.

Saw 22 people leave at half time from were we stood in the smoking area suspect they won't be back ether..........

But already have my JPT night panned out so will be back for that game (fucking bandwaggoner).

SBT

Why hide behind NOPM? Why not just admit you don't want to go and watch the team while they're playing like crap? There are thousands more like you.

Snozz_is_god

Why hide behind NOPM? Why not just admit you don't want to go and watch the team while they're playing like crap? There are thousands more like you.

Because it's not true, I've been supporting crap Coventry City teams since '69, I'll stand by them when there down & I'll enjoy the odd good time, but not under SISU.

Like the fella above says, if that makes me less of a fan, then so be it, but I'm not giving SISU £20+ of my money each week.

mrtrench

What on Earth makes you think that they are driven by how much they can blame the council? SISU isn't a 13 year old boy and CCC isn't his little sister. They are driven by MONEY. Only money. They will not want to be relegated as they will get less money.

wingy

there Is some data out there that suggests you only get a 2% drop off In support with relegation between the two, with the benefit of halving the wage bill.

However we are Unique and have already done that twice over under SISU with just the one relegation ,yes we're fast approaching the point where

they have reduced the fanbase to 25% of the original.

We're ahead of the game so to speak ,just like In the Hill era ,we Trend set.

Last edited:

stupot07

When wasps get 100% of the Ricoh, and we're left as lifelong tenants with little/no revenue, it's not going to get much better whoever owns us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

there Is some data out there that suggests you only get a 2% drop off In support with relegation between the two, with the benefit of halving the wage bill.

However we are Unique and have already done that twice over under SISU with just the one relegation ,yes we're fast approaching the point where

they have reduced the fanbase to 25% of the original.

We're ahead of the game so to speak ,just like In the Hill era ,we Trend set.

We lost around 33% in our drop from championship to league one...

wingy

We lost around 33% in our drop from championship to league one...

Yeah something I saw in regard to the Op subject ,or are you suggesting /it's likely from this low point ?:)

stupot07

Yeah something I saw in regard to the Op subject ,or are you suggesting /it's likely from this low point ?:)

Probably not from the 7-7.5k, but I do agree with what you said we're a bit different. People already have an issue that we're in League One as they see us as a PL club, I think we'd probably get 6-7k in league two, not sure it would lead to halving he wage bill as you can still spend 55% of your turnover through FFP.

wingy

Probably not from the 7-7.5k, but I do agree with what you said we're a bit different. People already have an issue that we're in League One as they see us as a PL club, I think we'd probably get 6-7k in league two, not sure it would lead to halving he wage bill as you can still spend 55% of your turnover through FFP.

so that would back up the 2% stat.

I'd beg to differ on the wage bill though as they wouldn't have to pay 55% of turnover on that gate to attract players or utilise our youngsters .Unless of course the aim is to bounce straight back again.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

SISU do not see any success on the field in their portfolio, look at their record, they have not put any serious investment into the team for the last 4 seasons and have constantly sold players, vital players at significant times. Just look at the records it's there for all to see. So with that it is reasonable to agree with the OP

mrtrench

SISU do not see any success on the field in their portfolio, look at their record, they have not put any serious investment into the team for the last 4 seasons and have constantly sold players, vital players at significant times. Just look at the records it's there for all to see. So with that it is reasonable to agree with the OP

That is a non sequitur. They have not invested in the team because they want to maximise profit. That doesn't mean that they want to be relegated.

wingy

That is a non sequitur. They have not invested in the team because they want to maximise profit. That doesn't mean that they want to be relegated.

More to Stop losses ,I don't see them profiting really ,not unless they invest for a couple of promotions anyway.

skybluetony176

I wouldn't say relegation suits them. Clearly it wouldn't harm the current plan of mull around until plan X or whatever it is now on presents itself to them. But by the same token I'd have to agree that promotion does them no favours while they mull around waiting for the next plan to present itself to them.

I won't go NOPM until they're gone myself but I understand why someone would. I will however be picking and choosing my games a lot more carefully from now until either they fuck off or start to run the club like it means something to their paying customers.

kmj5000

What on Earth makes you think that they are driven by how much they can blame the council? SISU isn't a 13 year old boy and CCC isn't his little sister. They are driven by MONEY. Only money. They will not want to be relegated as they will get less money.

They need an excuse not to build the bullshit stadium to save face with their investors who have already lost alot of money!

CCFC PimpRail

Don't confuse MONEY and PROFIT, if they can reduce costs after relegation but still keep the same gate then they have more pennies in the bank for SISU towers.

I'm not sure why their poor performance would stop people from going, or even who owns them- either you're a fan or your not, and if you're not supporting your team then stop prattling on about it. It'd have been better to be a Sky Blues fan than a Sunderland one today...

stupot07

Don't confuse MONEY and PROFIT, if they can reduce costs after relegation but still keep the same gate then they have more pennies in the bank for SISU towers.

I'm not sure why their poor performance would stop people from going, or even who owns them- either you're a fan or your not, and if you're not supporting your team then stop prattling on about it. It'd have been better to be a Sky Blues fan than a Sunderland one today...

They won't get the same gate, it would be lower. Also lower sponsorship, lower TV money, lower FL/PL payment, lower transfer fees received, lower compensation for u24's bosmans, etc

Mr T - Sukka!

Take a good hard long look at the people in charge of running this organisation;

Joy Seppala
Tim Fisher
Steve Waggot

With these 3 morons is easy to see why we are a clusterfuck of a club.

Absolutley clueless, shortsighted and ran out of ideas. We need changes at this club of all personell top to bottom.

Operation leauge 2 is really gaining motion now. Full steam ahead.

Maybe if SISU had put the £ in for players instead of going to court we would not be in this situation!

Last edited:

rupert_bear

To quote a famous old City manager, Harry Storer, when we were facing a relegation battle "second division players get second division wages, third division players get third division wages" and if you want to go a bit further conference players would get lower wages still and may even be part-time. The longer Steve Waggott remains at the tiller of this football team and Tim Fisher chairman of our club the closer that reality comes.

Wheelfass

Take a good hard long look at the people in charge of running this organisation;

Joy Seppala
Tim Fisher
Steve Waggot

With these 3 morons is easy to see why we are a clusterfuck of a club.

Absolutley clueless, shortsighted and ran out of ideas. We need changes at this club of all personell top to bottom.

Operation leauge 2 is really gaining motion now. Full steam ahead.

Maybe if SISU had put the £ in for players instead of going to court we would not be in this situation!

A no bullshit post that sums it up exactly.
A change is gonna come.

rupert_bear

No hiding place anymore for Waggott and Fisher

In recent times we have had some large distractions at our club. We had the rent strike, flatly refusing to pay rent or even agree what looked to me to be good reduction in rent, we have had the impending court cases which seemed to drag on for months,still is, administration Paul Appleton and all that, and then l the forced move away from Coventry to Northampton and the triumphant return, all down to Steve Waggott apparently, or was it the vicar . While all this has been going on the state of the team has declined and to me we now look a struggling side and I don't see anyway out, our players collectively are just not good enough and I am beginning to ask is our manager, just given a 4 year contract extension, good enough. So now it is down to what is happening on the pitch and there's now no distractions to cloud that issue, the Wasp thing has happened and I don't think has distracted things as much as sisu expected, few dissenters on here but all very irrevelent now imo. So the pressure is on our new ceo loud and clear as to how he is going to change things around, you will notice after his appointment and initial hogging of the air-ways he has gone to ground now.

Hobo

I think they are reluctant to invest further. They have got on top of the financial side. All that points to us staying in this division and possibly one of the weaker sides.

skybluetony176

I think they are reluctant to invest further. They have got on top of the financial side. All that points to us staying in this division and possibly one of the weaker sides.

Surely the budget could be bigger next season in accordance with FFP. It just depends on how much SISU are willing to spend upto within FFP.

Hobo

Surely the budget could be bigger next season in accordance with FFP. It just depends on how much SISU are willing to spend upto within FFP.

Or how much they need to take out first to get their return. :thinking about:

skybluetony176

Or how much they need to take out first to get their return. :thinking about:

Indeed. Assuming that they are still around for next season it will be interesting to see what we could spend under FFP and what SISU will spend. Given that this has been the crux of their argument for building a new ground.

Users who are viewing this thread