Promotion with Terms (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I think we should get into the top 6 — we’ve played most teams - home atmosphere is intimidating I think and helped with the penalty

Only real issue is January. Surely for once the owners have to try and seize the moment and identify players we need and this isn’t a spend millions - market is flat - she’s a hedge fund guru so it’s claimed - high risk investors with instant returns should see this as a far better likely win than in 2007

Evo1883

I think we should get into the top 6 — we’ve played most teams - home atmosphere is intimidating I think and helped with the penalty

Only real issue is January. Surely for once the owners have to try and seize the moment and identify players we need and this isn’t a spend millions - market is flat - she’s a hedge fund guru so it’s claimed - high risk investors with instant returns should see this as a far better likely win than in 2007

I'd like to see how our form has faired In all 4 seasons under Robins after xmas.

I have it in my head we actually have improved every single season under Robins after Xmas

Let's hope the trend continues

A couple of signings would be nice and with our average attendance slightly higher than what boddy had hoped for (quoted on here somewhere) maybe there's some funds available

Grendel

I'd like to see how our form has faired In all 4 seasons under Robins after xmas.

I have it in my head we actually have improved every single season under Robins after Xmas

Let's hope the trend continues

A couple of signings would be nice and with our average attendance slightly higher than what boddy had hoped for (quoted on here somewhere) maybe there's some funds available

Away definitely improves. Oddly in his first spell we won nearly every game way and slipped up at home

pusbccfc

Joy and SISU are sitting with 6 months ahead of
possible huge crowds, and a chance of reaching the PL. It doesn't make sense for them not to invest in Jan if we are in the top 6.

I still maintain she saw something that day at Wembley in 2017. She saw that this club could easily do a Southampton, Leicester, Wolves etc. It's all proved right so far. We were getting crowds of 7000 at times in League 2, within years that's up to averages of 20k and selling more shirts than we've sold in our history.

Brighton Sky Blue

Joy and SISU are sitting with 6 months ahead of
possible huge crowds, and a chance of reaching the PL. It doesn't make sense for them not to invest in Jan if we are in the top 6.

I still maintain she saw something that day at Wembley in 2017. She saw that this club could easily do a Southampton, Leicester, Wolves etc. It's all proved right so far. We were getting crowds of 7000 at times in League 2, within years that's up to averages of 20k and selling more shirts than we've sold in our history.

All of those clubs had billionaire owners

Grendel

All of those clubs had billionaire owners

If you believe certain websites So is she - but that’s hardly the point - her alleged ability is to attract high risk investors to a portfolio - so why wouldn’t that fit to where we are now - with the high yield potential of promotion and a £100 million plus windfall?

Brighton Sky Blue

If you believe certain websites So is she - but that’s hardly the point - her alleged ability is to attract high risk investors to a portfolio - so why wouldn’t that fit to where we are now - with the high yield potential of promotion and a £100 million plus windfall?

Good point

Jamesimus

Not to mention the subsequent relegation and the other £100 million 😁

Yorkshire SB

If we’re saying 4-7th in the league then I’d be up for trying to get a couple of loans in to bolster things, or if there’s the right player available then of course going for it, but tying expensive players down on longer contracts is risky, especially if it’s more reactive than our usual approach.

This is a big opportunity though, and with Hamer and O’Hare only having 18 months left on their contract, we’re probably going to have to sell if we don’t go up, and then rebuild.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we’re saying 4-7th in the league then I’d be up for trying to get a couple of loans in to bolster things, or if there’s the right player available then of course going for it, but tying expensive players down on longer contracts is risky, especially if it’s more reactive than our usual approach.

This is a big opportunity though, and with Hamer and O’Hare only having 18 months left on their contract, we’re probably going to have to sell if we don’t go up, and then rebuild.

Reckon we could get O’Hare to extend before January if we were to start negotiating now, assuming we aren’t already.

Legia Sky Blue

Mentioned on another thread that I think the likely way we go will be to get a higher status of PL loans than we've had previously. We still have quite a few loans to use up. I thought the Gilmour rumour in the Summer had no credence, but if we are challenging for promotion that type of signing becomes much more realistic. That kind of short term investment fits better with SISU's ethos than lumbering themselves with underperforming high earners should things go wrong,

Yorkshire SB

Reckon we could get O’Hare to extend before January if we were to start negotiating now, assuming we aren’t already.
Unless we offer a huge salary increase I don’t know why he would. I know he likes it here, but he’s shown himself to be a top player at this level, and signing up in January when he doesn’t know how the rest of the season will go would be daft.

SkyblueTexan

I was just looking at the playoff standings for the last 6 seasons and, on average, it takes around 75 points to get to 6th place. Granted we still have to play some of the heavy hitters in Sheff Utd, Bournemouth and West Brom in the next 6 games, but if we can get 8 points or hopefully better in the next 6 games, we would be on track for that target. I agree that the Jan transfer window will be an important one.

long way home

MR, his staff have been positively effected by the unbelievable support shown by the fans. And we in turn understand how important they have been in giving pride back to the club. It's starts with seeing better coaching, a togetherness through belief in a pattern of play a style which has brought results. If you get this ultimately it breeds confidence and a never say die attitude. They are invested in the plan, in each other and are driven by the success they have had. This has brought the passion, love and the noise from the fans that players thrive off, it's what they play for and miss the most once it's gone. I can't remember ever seeing a substituted player running around the pitch to join a celebration of his team. Or them not really wanting to leave the field after a game, it's for all to see and shows the spirit in this group is unmatched.

So now it's down to the owners they asked MR to do a job he has, gone above and beyond, they as the fans to back them they have, with passion more than even we knew we had. Now they need to be asked to break the model and use the momentum gained by this group of players and fans to push on.

I'm not advergating we are reckless spending just saying they should trust in MR and the fans to keep backing them. We need to hold onto certain players and add and replace others with quality depth that push others to perform. This club is at a stage that doesn't come around very often, but when it does eyes have to fall on owners because everyone else is doing all they can for progression of what they care about. If the owners don't perform, MR will have no shortage of admirers looking for his services.

MalcSB

MR, his staff have been positively effected by the unbelievable support shown by the fans. And we in turn understand how important they have been in giving pride back to the club. It's starts with seeing better coaching, a togetherness through belief in a pattern of play a style which has brought results. If you get this ultimately it breeds confidence and a never say die attitude. They are invested in the plan, in each other and are driven by the success they have had. This has brought the passion, love and the noise from the fans that players thrive off, it's what they play for and miss the most once it's gone. I can't remember ever seeing a substituted player running around the pitch to join a celebration of his team. Or them not really wanting to leave the field after a game, it's for all to see and shows the spirit in this group is unmatched.

So now it's down to the owners they asked MR to do a job he has, gone above and beyond, they as the fans to back them they have, with passion more than even we knew we had. Now they need to be asked to break the model and use the momentum gained by this group of players and fans to push on.

I'm not advergating we are reckless spending just saying they should trust in MR and the fans to keep backing them. We need to hold onto certain players and add and replace others with quality depth that push others to perform. This club is at a stage that doesn't come around very often, but when it does eyes have to fall on owners because everyone else is doing all they can for progression of what they care about. If the owners don't perform, MR will have no shortage of admirers looking for his services.
Very well put.

better days

Robins likes the squad he has
He's rotated players and apart from the odd result we've done well with whatever 11 he's selected
I'd be surprised if he brings in more than one or two in January unless we get a rash of injuries or illness
And even then loans may be the way he goes as we will be a very desirable destination for the best young PL prospects if we are still challenging

Hertsccfc

He's rotated players and apart from the odd result we've done well with whatever 11 he's selected
I'd be surprised if he brings in more than one or two in January unless we get a rash of injuries or illness
And even then loans may be the way he goes as we will be a very desirable destination for the best young PL prospects if we are still challenging
Makes sense. Would seem counter productive to make many changes and disrupt the team spirit. We do need cover at LWB though.

Winny the Bish

I'm happy with loans, as long as they're players with real talent. An attacking midfielder with pace and skill on the ball is critical IMO.

long way home

He needs to improve on those currently outside looking in. Shipley, De Costa and Pask need to be moved on and those places filled with someone pushing for a spot in the 1st team squad, easier said than done but it has to be the aim.

I don't think any of those 3 are making anyone look over a shoulder. Kane, Rose, Allen, Jones, Kelly, Sheaf and Walker are fighting to start. The others who are fighting to get on a bench unfortunately it doesn't improve the squad by keeping them. We have to improve in Jan, because other clubs will certainly look to do so.

Last edited:

junglej13

An attacking Premier League loan with pace would be high on the shopping list. Really think it wouks help us kill games off away from home.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Going to be very interesting which way our owner goes. We have proved to be a good team good enough to be top four for a few weeks now but will Sepalla release the purse strings add a couple of quality additions to what we have now could be significant and a test for our owners. I won’t be holding my breath.

CDK

Well hoping they increase playing budget to get couple of quality players in as extra budgeted income from season tickets to make a statement to robins about there ambitions going to next level.

CanadianCCFC

A couple prudent additions at LWB and attacking midfield would be good but don’t do anything stupid for a one in four chance to go up via playoffs

Fergusons_Beard

Like other have already said back up LWB/LB & some cover for O’Hare.

Not sure I want a Prem loan as they generally want guaranteed game time and that could disrupt our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gynnsthetonic

I trust Robins and Vivesh to do what they need to do, the same in our League 2 season and league 1 winning season when we really pushed on after Christmas!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Last season Im assuming we spent around 3 million +loan fees, we spent 1.75 million this season + loan fees, they said we have the same budget as last season perhaps we could see another signing unless we blew it on Maatsen and Clarke Salter (if so Im not complaining)

Users who are viewing this thread