Promotion Odds! (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueBlood2

William Hill now has us as second favourites behind Sheff Utd to win the league outright at 10-1, and 7-2 for promotion in general!.............. Are they nuts?!!!!!

Greggs

bookies are more often right than wrong.........and that is a FACT! :D

PVA

Whether you agree with them or not, it is quite refreshing to see our name up so high in the list of bookies favourites. Makes a nice change compared to seeing us 2nd/3rd favourites for relegation etc every season.

Whilst obviously I'm not glad we got relegated, but in my lifetime i've never seen a consistently winning CCFC side or anything close to it. So I am looking forward to hopefully seeing us win more than we lose for once.

skyblueman

I have £20 on them to win outright at 12s - always look at bookies odds as they really do know their stuff - great to see odds shortening

Fluffsta

Our odds generally have been slashed this week after a few signings. We are pretty much 3rd or 4th favourites to go back up.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

we've never been higher than 3rd favourites to go up since the bet's started, we've always been between 3rd and 6th outright winners

Grendel

As last year the bookies odds were considered a significant explanation of our failure we will now accept anything outside the top 6 would be considered under achievement.

wingy

As last year the bookies odds were considered a significant explanation of our failure we will now accept anything outside the top 6 would be considered under achievement.

Think we would have to accept that the science behind such judgements carry equal weight.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I would agree. Although not yet complete, it would appear we have a squad that is close to a top six club. I suspect one more exit, or course, and a couple of arrivals. If this business is as shrewd as other transfers have been this summer, I'd certainly say we're a top six club; and if Thorn falls short of this, he - finally - can be fairly judged a failure.

Not least of which by myself, as in a moment of hedonism, I've just placed a £50 wager on us winning the league...

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I got the out right winner prices before the playoff final and we were 13-1 i got on at that price. :D

clemy07

William Hill now has us as second favourites behind Sheff Utd to win the league outright at 10-1, and 7-2 for promotion in general!.............. Are they nuts?!!!!!
No, William Hill still have us at 4th favs. The odds table reads across and not down as I guess you have seen it.

matesx

"My bad"

wtf does that mean

another Americanism? thats even worse than "can i get...?"

Tad

The question for me is, are we ready to go back up? It's alright us heading into the championship, but if we still have money problems and instability within the club, we're just going to belly flop straight back down.

I'd much rather we took our time, build a stable club and go from there then have another season of misery.

kg82

I seriously can't believe half a threads been used up on New age phrases in the English language. All you have to do is ignore it if you don't like it! Simples (there's another one for you)!

kg82

The question for me is, are we ready to go back up? It's alright us heading into the championship, but if we still have money problems and instability within the club, we're just going to belly flop straight back down.

I'd much rather we took our time, build a stable club and go from there then have another season of misery.

To be honest, I don't think that would happen with us. A season in this league is enough and hopefully will give us the momentum to hold our own in the championship. Also, if we've cut the budget this season we do get more to spend in the championship and would hopefully then strengthen if we went up!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I employ absolute grammatical integrity on all forms of correspondence and communication. I like to think that even my body language is well punctuated...

Back to the key point; looking at the Sheffield United squad,I simply cannot see if looks any better than ours

Chris Morgan, Michael Doyle, Richard Cresswell and Lee Williamson are all decent players who I’d welcome into our squad Nick Montgomery has been there for ages and is very steady; Chris Porter’s okay I guess, and thereafterI’m struggling to be inspired by much they have :(

Last edited:

Tad

To be honest, I don't think that would happen with us. A season in this league is enough and hopefully will give us the momentum to hold our own in the championship. Also, if we've cut the budget this season we do get more to spend in the championship and would hopefully then strengthen if we went up!

Hope so. It's a big ask, but I do think it's achievable.

Users who are viewing this thread