Probably just over-glamourising other teams (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

But, like. In years gone by- teams at the top you look at them enviously playing amazing football.

They have some top wins at home playing some really exciting football.

Aside from perhaps Leicester, our home games have felt relatively drab. Even last year we weren’t exactly tearing teams apart, particularly at home. We certainly didn’t ‘batter’ anyone

Games other teams you feel would comfortably win we seem to make difficult?

tom88

Since coming into the championship and Don’t get me wrong we’ve done well and I’ve enjoyed it.

however, we do make things difficult and it seems like we got 1-0 down more than 1-0 up.

why didn’t we get at Cardiff today from the off. Why wait until we’re 2-1 down

Brighton Sky Blue

We have a pretty raw group this season being encouraged to play expansively which leads to a lot of frustrating errors. A full season under their belt will stand them much better next year along with some tweaks to add in more quality in depth where it's missing.

Hobo

Well Friday I watched Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds and non of them looked like top three sides.

I am not saying they aren't there on merit. Just the best sides don't play like best sides every week - but they do force a result when needed.

I often watch Premier League and regularly see poor corners, poor free kicks, poor passing and wayward defending.

What they can do though is suddenly produce something different.

Sometimes with Coventry I watch us get entrenched in one rut

Matt smith

We have a pretty raw group this season being encouraged to play expansively which leads to a lot of frustrating errors. A full season under their belt will stand them much better next year along with some tweaks to add in more quality in depth where it's missing.
Good analysis that

Brighton Sky Blue

Well Friday I watched Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds and non of them looked like top three sides.

I am not saying they aren't there on merit. Just the best sides don't play like best sides every week - but they do force a result when needed.

I often watch Premier League and regularly see poor corners, poor free kicks, poor passing and wayward defending.

What they can do though is suddenly produce something different.

Sometimes with Coventry I watch us get entrenched in one rut
West Brom have consistently found ways to rescue points or even wins when they're below par. We did for a while but by and large don't tend to get away with it.

It would of course help if your own players knew which goal to aim at anyway

SeaSeeEffCee

Our home form has never been amazing under Robins considering the league positions we’ve finished in. We usually win about between 8-10/23 games at home per season. The only season under him where we’ve won more than 11 home games was the L2 season where we won 13.

Sky Blue Pete

Since coming into the championship and Don’t get me wrong we’ve done well and I’ve enjoyed it.

however, we do make things difficult and it seems like we got 1-0 down more than 1-0 up.

We went one up

Hobo

West Brom have consistently found ways to rescue points or even wins when they're below par. We did for a while but by and large don't tend to get away with it.

It would of course help if your own players knew which goal to aim at anyway

We gave WBA 6 points this season. Played against them like we did Cardiff today. Too slow too predictable. WBA the most over achieving side in the top 9 sides.

lifeskyblue

Thought early on we played some fast, expansive football that turned the Cardiff defence repeatedly. After we scored we became far more cautious and gave up too much space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

I was really worried about this season but I'm happily surprised with how well we are doing. The championship is an incredibly competitive league it isn't like the premiership where the top x number of teams are going to pan any team that turns up. If you don't have a good game in the championship chances are you will lose. I think it's one of the most competitive leagues going!

messiahrobins

I was really worried about this season but I'm happily surprised with how well we are doing. The championship is an incredibly competitive league it isn't like the premiership where the top x number of teams are going to pan any team that turns up. If you don't have a good game in the championship chances are you will lose. I think it's one of the most competitive leagues going!
It is in world football. Next season i think we will be champions, this season has been huge for the likes of Thomas Kitching Collins MVE Torp Wright Simms Sakamoto. We will be adding to this lot in the summer as well.
This season has been an unqualified success whatever happens from here on

skyblu3sk

It is in world football. Next season i think we will be champions, this season has been huge for the likes of Thomas Kitching Collins MVE Torp Wright Simms Sakamoto. We will be adding to this lot in the summer as well.
This season has been an unqualified success whatever happens from here on
I actually agree with the last statement if we don't have to turn over the majority of our starting 11 and don't have the start of season blip then I can see us getting a lot of points.

Pusb1

and to be fair and reasonable in my OP, no team has battered us either, and no team looks amazing against us- perhaps it’s just our style?

covcity4life

It is the next evolution I would like to witness. Being good enough to put teams to the sword more often than not. Winning 3-4 in trot regularly etc

Maybe next year!

Gman1987

We are currently set up to play better away. At home without Sakamoto, we are trying to play with width, with no natural wingers. MVE isnt a winger, neither is Tavares - obviously its arguable that Bidwell is a LWB. The Leeds, Hull and Ipswich games will be totally different in that they will come to win which leaves things more open. But teams that come to sit and defend will always result in frustration - leaving no gaps and with our playes unable to open from wide positions. They will all be better next year with experience and additions, we honestly arent far away

skybluecam

That's the next step Robins has to find. Other than Rotherham we've not really had a comfortable league win since Sheff Wed on Boxing Day?

Both games over easter we went ahead and then let the opposition back in to the game with soft, soft goals. An automatic promotion chasing side would put games like that to bed early.

wingy

That's the next step Robins has to find. Other than Rotherham we've not really had a comfortable league win since Sheff Wed on Boxing Day?

Both games over easter we went ahead and then let the opposition back in to the game with soft, soft goals. An automatic promotion chasing side would put games like that to bed early.
Conserving energy, seems to be all the rage these day's?

olderskyblue

messiahrobins

We are currently set up to play better away. At home without Sakamoto, we are trying to play with width, with no natural wingers. MVE isnt a winger, neither is Tavares - obviously its arguable that Bidwell is a LWB. The Leeds, Hull and Ipswich games will be totally different in that they will come to win which leaves things more open. But teams that come to sit and defend will always result in frustration - leaving no gaps and with our playes unable to open from wide positions. They will all be better next year with experience and additions, we honestly arent far away
Spot on. The Sakamoto injury probably costs us promotion as he was crucial to how we play. MVE is doing his best out of position but he isnt a winger and it a double blow as we are losing MVE's marauding runs overlapping Sakamoto when he cuts inside as Latabadieure is not an attacking FB but he is doing the best he can out of position. As you say away from home we can get away with it as we sit deeper and we can hit on the break and use the pace of MVE in the space in behind. Yesterday there was no space in behind at all.
We are premier league bound end of next season i am sure about it. I have watched enough football over the decades to have seen many teams like us finish a season with a young new squad in the top 10 and the next season challenge to win the league they are in. And this is a nucleus of a squad being built to not only get promoted, but to stay up as well, unlike Luton Sheff Utd and Burnley this season.
I actually think we are ahead of schedule, i am not sure Robins expected us to be top 10 this season with such a massive overhaul.

skybluecam

Spot on. The Sakamoto injury probably costs us promotion as he was crucial to how we play. MVE is doing his best out of position but he isnt a winger and it a double blow as we are losing MVE's marauding runs overlapping Sakamoto when he cuts inside as Latabadieure is not an attacking FB but he is doing the best he can out of position. As you say away from home we can get away with it as we sit deeper and we can hit on the break and use the pace of MVE in the space in behind. Yesterday there was no space in behind at all.
We are premier league bound end of next season i am sure about it. I have watched enough football over the decades to have seen many teams like us finish a season with a young new squad in the top 10 and the next season challenge to win the league they are in. And this is a nucleus of a squad being built to not only get promoted, but to stay up as well, unlike Luton Sheff Utd and Burnley this season.
I actually think we are ahead of schedule, i am not sure Robins expected us to be top 10 this season with such a massive overhaul.
I bloody hope you're right. Saka returning and EMC should give us more to break down defences.

messiahrobins

I bloody hope you're right. Saka returning and EMC should give us more to break down defences.
I think EMC was bought as back up to Wright, but ive seen some of his Pboro games and he is class (as is Poku) and clearly championship level already and i think he will be a revelation so i could see us going 4-4-2 next season at times with Wright and Simms up top and EMC and Saka out wide with Eccles and Sheaf in the middle. If we cant get in the marquee no.10 i suspect the club are chasing i think that is how we will line up.
WE really are going to be frighteningly good next season. You can also tell how good we are from comments other managers make, they seem very deferential even if they beat us.

Users who are viewing this thread