Private Eye (1 Viewer)

Moff

An interesting post. So it's not a lot of people, but your irony meter exploded, so how many is it?

If you look closely you'll not find that I stated that you did say a lot of people, I mentioned that's what it seemed you were suggesting. You have the right of reply, and you have used it so eloquently.

So you can't back up any names, and I'm suggesting that they aren't there in any real numbers, so how on earth could I find them?

What have I twisted? What in your view is my agenda? Cheers.

Are you five? You need to know exact numbers or you will scream and scream, until you are sick.

There are posts on each Private Eye article on the club, two pro ACL/Council, two anti. They are all as long winded as this. I cant be bothered to find them just because you are so boring that you need to know exact figures.

Its nice you try to worm out of things you allege, by saying that its what you were actually suggesting not saying. Thats what children do, and what I expect of posters of your ilk.

I dont care what your agenda is apart from the fact you come across as a petty twat, and a right helmet. You decide what I think as it seems so important to you.

Rusty Trombone

Are you five? You need to know exact numbers or you will scream and scream, until you are sick.

There are posts on each Private Eye article on the club, two pro ACL/Council, two anti. They are all as long winded as this. I cant be bothered to find them just because you are so boring that you need to know exact figures.

Its nice you try to worm out of things you allege, by saying that its what you were actually suggesting not saying. Thats what children do, and what I expect of posters of your ilk.

I dont care what your agenda is apart from the fact you come across as a petty twat, and a right helmet. You decide what I think as it seems so important to you.

An interesting post. I don't need to know any numbers as such, just trying to establish what your claiming. It's no clearer really.

I'd rather the articles be accurate, that would save a lot of the arguing, why should people not point out the errors?

Not worming out at all, just explaining English to you, and there was a question mark in my post which was a clue.

You cared enough about an agenda to accuse me of having one, but if you've backtracked that's fine.

Have a good evening, I think you need to chill out a bit.

Hobo

Personally I'd rather they distressed Wasps to buggery...

A bit of a dilemma isn't it? A franchise club moving, genuine Wasps fans suffering, but rallying and still wanting to follow the club?

Your answer is for SISU to distress them to buggery...presumably out of business?

Do you really want to see the death of any club? Is that a good solution for Wasps fans? Or indeed for us?

I don't have the answers, but I think your stance has no sympathy for Wasps (read fans) they are just a pawn in your SISU v CCC ego.

Lets be realistic in this, they are not our enemy. People spout about local councils supporting local teams, well perhaps sporting teams should support each other.

Nick

Administrator
A bit of a dilemma isn't it? A franchise club moving, genuine Wasps fans suffering, but rallying and still wanting to follow the club?

Your answer is for SISU to distress them to buggery...presumably out of business?

Do you really want to see the death of any club? Is that a good solution for Wasps fans? Or indeed for us?

I don't have the answers, but I think your stance has no sympathy for Wasps (read fans) they are just a pawn in your SISU v CCC ego.

Lets be realistic in this, they are not our enemy. People spout about local councils supporting local teams, well perhaps sporting teams should support each other.
They will let ccfc play there for free then? :)

NorthernWisdom

Do you really want to see the death of any club?

I would, quite happily, see both MK Dons and Wasps die. I feel sorry for any Wasps fans caught between a rock and a hard place and stuck between being dragged all around the country to follow their team... or to have to abandon it. They have been put in an impossible situation where whatever they choose is the wrong answer... and that's not of their making.

That's not the same as having sympathy for the club however.

The club deserves to die and, arguably, needs to die to discourage such practices from happening ever more frequently in the future. The ideal scenario is probably Wasps, much like Richmond, end up back somewhere close to their roots so the genuine fans haven't lost their club, but the hangers-on do.

Likewise with MK. Fans who weren't born/old enough to see it happen then it would be a crying shame for them. Not the same as the club, though.

The fans are not. When it comes down to it though both MK and Wasps have aggressively moved into other regions and other territories in search of financial gain. The show no support of their peers. That in itself is enough to wish the clubs failure.

Moff

An interesting post. I don't need to know any numbers as such, just trying to establish what your claiming. It's no clearer really.

I'd rather the articles be accurate, that would save a lot of the arguing, why should people not point out the errors?

Not worming out at all, just explaining English to you, and there was a question mark in my post which was a clue.

You cared enough about an agenda to accuse me of having one, but if you've backtracked that's fine.

Have a good evening, I think you need to chill out a bit.

You know what I am claiming, you are just trying to be clever, or are conveniently reading just the bits you want to read, a bit like the Private Eye article.

You were worming out, trying to be clever and saying you weren't because you put a question mark is pretty lame, I expected better.

I think you have an agenda, but am not bothered what it is. There is a difference. You decide what I think it is, as its clearly important to you.

Had a great evening thanks, just back in and decided to give a reply to my dear penpal Rusty Trombone. Hope to hear from you again next week!

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

You know what I am claiming, you are just trying to be clever, or are conveniently reading just the bits you want to read, a bit like the Private Eye article.

You were worming out, trying to be clever and saying you weren't because you put a question mark is pretty lame, I expected better.

I think you have an agenda, but am not bothered what it is. There is a difference. You decide what I think it is, as its clearly important to you.

Had a great evening thanks, just back in and decided to give a reply to my dear penpal Rusty Trombone. Hope to hear from you again next week!

I read all the bits of your post, and I read the Eye article. I would like anyone to help cut through all the lies, so if Eye print something that has errors, and those errors are pointed out, that's good isn't it?

No worming required, but if I need lessons I know who to ask. I was trying to understand what you're trying to say because you said 'I found the ironyometer exploded when it became clear that all those who lauded Private Eye for writing two damning articles about SISU last year, and praised its investigative journalism, are now accusing it of biased and unfactual journalism'. I enquired as to who 'all those' were as they seemed fresh in your mind, but for some reason you thought it better if I found out who they were for you.

You then suggested I had some form of agenda, I asked what that would be, but suddenly you're not bothered about that and I have to decide what you're thinking this imaginary agenda is. That's a bit weird.

All the best.

Moff

I read all the bits of your post, and I read the Eye article. I would like anyone to help cut through all the lies, so if Eye print something that has errors, and those errors are pointed out, that's good isn't it?

No worming required, but if I need lessons I know who to ask. I was trying to understand what you're trying to say because you said 'I found the ironyometer exploded when it became clear that all those who lauded Private Eye for writing two damning articles about SISU last year, and praised its investigative journalism, are now accusing it of biased and unfactual journalism'. I enquired as to who 'all those' were as they seemed fresh in your mind, but for some reason you thought it better if I found out who they were for you.

You then suggested I had some form of agenda, I asked what that would be, but suddenly you're not bothered about that and I have to decide what you're thinking this imaginary agenda is. That's a bit weird.

All the best.

Still going on trying to furiously argue your point. Cant stay away can you.:laugh:

I have found the previous posts on Private Eye, its easy do a search or is it beyond someone of such high intellect? Those names that are so important to you are there. I look forward to you finding them as this whole matter seems so important to you.

The only weird thing is that you keep coming back for more, you get uptight and keep going round in circles. You must like being dizzy old chap, perhaps you are the one that needs to chill out.

(Cue another rambling wordy response to try to prove a point of disagreement)

olderskyblue

People post sometimes without thinking, and when they are questioned, have no answer, so resort to "weirdness".....

Grendel

Still going on trying to furiously argue your point. Cant stay away can you.:laugh:

I have found the previous posts on Private Eye, its easy do a search or is it beyond someone of such high intellect? Those names that are so important to you are there. I look forward to you finding them as this whole matter seems so important to you.

The only weird thing is that you keep coming back for more, you get uptight and keep going round in circles. You must like being dizzy old chap, perhaps you are the one that needs to chill out.

He also claimed that the council needed Higgs due to all the investment in Coventry, and seemed to believe that citing £200,000 a year was a closing argument.

Given that its a fraction of the sale price and the investment covers the whole of Warwickshire I certainly wouldn't want him as a defence lawyer . Glad he produced it though as will come in useful against another who spouts regeneration claptrap.

He's had a bad day. Let's hope Anne is in a good mood Monday. Probably will be if wasps win.

Rusty Trombone

Well the reply will have words in it, none of them furious.

I recall it was you that were making the point, I was merely enquiring who all those people were that you were referring to. You appear to be suggesting there are lots as you confirmed that it wasn't a sweeping generalisation. Whereas you are not shy about throwing insults around, you seem to clam up when asked to back up your claims.

Not really going round in circles is it, just asking the same question.

olderskyblue

He also claimed that the council needed Higgs due to all the investment in Coventry, and seemed to believe that citing £200,000 a year was a closing argument.

Given that its a fraction of the sale price and the investment covers the whole of Warwickshire I certainly wouldn't want him as a defence lawyer . Glad he produced it though as will come in useful against another who spouts regeneration claptrap.

He's had a bad day. Let's hope Anne is in a good mood Monday. Probably will be if wasps win.

i rest my case m'lud

Rusty Trombone

Good, I wondered where that was going. You put an interesting spin on your suggestion that the Council were forcing Higgs to sell their shares.

How can me providing the figures you asked for be a closing argument, when I wasn't having an argument about it?

The figures were donations to charities, not for investment. I did point that out, didn't you see it?

Moff

Well the reply will have words in it, none of them furious.

I recall it was you that were making the point, I was merely enquiring who all those people were that you were referring to. You appear to be suggesting there are lots as you confirmed that it wasn't a sweeping generalisation. Whereas you are not shy about throwing insults around, you seem to clam up when asked to back up your claims.

Not really going round in circles is it, just asking the same question.

And I keep telling you where the answers are. So yes you keep going round in circles.

You like some sad internet Police Officer want me to produce a list of names. Apologies PC Trombone I told you whereto find them, as clearly not having them upsets you a great deal, and yet you still continually ask me for them. They are there if you want them

If you aren't able to do a search, as clearly you aren't capable at present, I suggest you contact Nick and ask him for some help. If not try to deal with it, but you obviously cant as it just seems to be bugging you a bit too much. Such a shame :laugh:

Rusty Trombone

And I keep telling you where the answers are. So yes you keep going round in circles.

You like some sad internet Police Officer want me to produce a list of names. Apologies PC Trombone I told you whereto find them, as clearly not having them upsets you a great deal, and yet you still continually ask me for them. They are there if you want them

If you aren't able to do a search, as clearly you aren't capable at present, I suggest you contact Nick and ask him for some help. If not try to deal with it, but you obviously cant as it just seems to be bugging you a bit too much. Such a shame :laugh:

The only thing I was asking you to produce was something to back up your claims, but rather than doing so, you just make more things up.

I think it's generally excepted that the person making the spurious claims does the donkey work, you claim to have all your evidence at your fingertips, yet you seem frightened of writing it out.

I suppose it does bug me when people make sweeping claims and rather than admit it carry on the charade.

Enjoy the game tomorrow, well, today.

Moff

The only thing I was asking you to produce was something to back up your claims, but rather than doing so, you just make more things up.

I think it's generally excepted that the person making the spurious claims does the donkey work, you claim to have all your evidence at your fingertips, yet you seem frightened of writing it out.

I suppose it does bug me when people make sweeping claims and rather than admit it carry on the charade.

Enjoy the game tomorrow, well, today.

Please enlighten me on what I have made up. It seems I can lead this horse to water and then you just get confused.

There are previous posts on Private Eye. I have told you how you can find them, and suggest if you quite clearly aren't capable of finding them yourself try one of the mods for help.

I wont name names, for three reasons.
First why leave myself open for further argument by naming other posters who aren't at present part of this discussion. By dragging them in, I leave myself open for attack from why I have now dragged them into this debate, when they may not personally wish to be part of it.
Secondly even if I named names, it still wouldn't be enough for you, and you would probably just want more. It wouldn't prove anything and lets face it I could just make a list up of names that would support the ACL view.
The third reason is the charade is clearly being continued by you. You know how to find the evidence but are just being disingenuous to try to prove your point.

There is nothing spurious about my claim, I have read the articles and posted on the threads, something you obviously weren't party to.
If you wish to keep going round in circles thats up to you, but I suggest if you get bugged by people making sweeping claims, you ought to cut down on making them.

Enjoy the game

Hobo

I would, quite happily, see both MK Dons and Wasps die. I feel sorry for any Wasps fans caught between a rock and a hard place and stuck between being dragged all around the country to follow their team... or to have to abandon it. They have been put in an impossible situation where whatever they choose is the wrong answer... and that's not of their making.

That's not the same as having sympathy for the club however.

The club deserves to die and, arguably, needs to die to discourage such practices from happening ever more frequently in the future. The ideal scenario is probably Wasps, much like Richmond, end up back somewhere close to their roots so the genuine fans haven't lost their club, but the hangers-on do.

Likewise with MK. Fans who weren't born/old enough to see it happen then it would be a crying shame for them. Not the same as the club, though.

The fans are not. When it comes down to it though both MK and Wasps have aggressively moved into other regions and other territories in search of financial gain. The show no support of their peers. That in itself is enough to wish the clubs failure.

The he point I am making is there is a difference between a club failing because of its own business decisions and alienating or even abandoning its fan base...and another company distressing it to death.

Plus I think you need to add a few more teams to your hit list, it is not just about Wasps and MK Dons. Rugby is littered with examples. Although who decides the geographic boundary a team should operate in?

I agree fully with the need to be discourage this strategy. But the best way is surely through customer/fan power. I feel to date Coventry City fans have shown more fight and resilience than Wasps fans.

J

Jack Griffin

The he point I am making is there is a difference between a club failing because of its own business decisions and alienating or even abandoning its fan base...and another company distressing it to death.

Plus I think you need to add a few more teams to your hit list, it is not just about Wasps and MK Dons. Rugby is littered with examples. Although who decides the geographic boundary a team should operate in?

I agree fully with the need to be discourage this strategy. But the best way is surely through customer/fan power. I feel to date Coventry City fans have shown more fight and resilience than Wasps fans.

The Sixfields fiasco showed that if you take the team right out of the City then you lose most of the crowd & damage it for years to come, if the crowds so far this season are anything to go by.

In the event of a new stadium that isn't really close to the city centre, I think there is every prospect of harming the attendances even more.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see another SISU strategic error.. they are good at them.

Hobo

The Sixfields fiasco showed that if you take the team right out of the City then you lose most of the crowd & damage it for years to come, if the crowds so far this season are anything to go by.

In the event of a new stadium that isn't really close to the city centre, I think there is every prospect of harming the attendances even more.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see another SISU strategic error.. they are good at them.

Perhaps that will depend on how they structure their revenue streams against the revenue streams of the club. To them we are nothing but a vehicle.

blend

The Private Eye certainly seems well informed. I particularly enjoyed the April article that got over excited about the prospect of the upcoming Judicial Review, that turned out well. I wonder where they get their information from :thinking about:

Remembering back most of us looked forward to the truth coming from the JR, it should be a constant point of reference.

Users who are viewing this thread