Priorities (2 Viewers)

covmark

Actually I think you mean..

SISU WILL NEVER BUILD A NEW STADIUM BECAUSE OF THE COUNCIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It'd be great if Sisu funded a new stadium, but come on. Council help or no council help, Sisu are never going to build one.

However if this strategy is a way of forcing a Ricoh deal, then I'm all for it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Peter Billing

Always liked the Ricoh but it's obvious now the Council never saw an obligation to safeguard it for CCFC, it's "their" asset and on that basis they have to live with the consequences of their decision. There has always been the issue in ACL of the finance cost associated with debt, if they think a London rugby club servicing (at the last count) £54m debt and £35m secured against the stadium can make it work, good for them, but it should be their risk entirely.

What's objectionable is that on one hand they lay claim to the asset but at the same time try to strong arm CCFC into a long term rental that props up Wasps and "their" Ricoh project. Especially having kept it afloat for so many years under the old lease agreement.

I don't see a scenario now where CCFC don't at least try to pursue a new stadium as Wasps just don't have the headroom in the business to make a better offer to share income and no one would take on a share of their liabilities. It just not clear if they do it on the assumption that at some point in the medium term Wasps go pop and the Ricoh becomes available again.

rondog1973

Based on what? Criticising the council?
No.

Even the fiercest of council critics do not seriously think Sisu are intent on building a stadium regardless of location except Fergusons Beard it seems. Was on another thread the other day berating those who failed to get excited about the non prospect, the twat.

win9nut

It'd be great if Sisu funded a new stadium, but come on. Council help or no council help, Sisu are never going to build one.

However if this strategy is a way of forcing a Ricoh deal, then I'm all for it.

Either let them progress as quickly as possible so the BS can be spotted quicker, or let them progress as quickly as possible so the stadium can be built and the football club can prosper...

covmark

Either let them progress as quickly as possible so the BS can be spotted quicker, or let them progress as quickly as possible so the stadium can be built and the football club can prosper...
Exactly.

Fergusons_Beard

No.

Even the fiercest of council critics do not seriously think Sisu are intent on building a stadium regardless of location except Fergusons Beard it seems. Was on another thread the other day berating those who failed to get excited about the non prospect, the twat.

Honestly mate-you obsessed.

I was actually pointing out that there was loads who were critically of SISU but not on the Council thread.

Like yourself.

But then again there are those coming around to the fact that this has been a PR war and a lot of us have been played from the beginning.

Some of us always believed that all parties were responsible for the demise of CCFC.

I love a bromance but I think you need to open your eyes to the truth that it really isn’t all SISU’s fault.

rondog1973

Honestly mate-you obsessed.

I was actually pointing out that there was loads who were critically of SISU but not on the Council thread.

Like yourself.

But then again there are those coming around to the fact that this has been a PR war and a lot of us have been played from the beginning.

Some of us always believed that all parties were responsible for the demise of CCFC.

I love a bromance but I think you need to open your eyes to the truth that it really isn’t all SISU’s fault.

A response to a post is an obsession is it? Hardly dispelling the insult...

Two things I blame CCC for: a) Choosing Sisu as owners. b) Underestimating what a mentalist Seppala actually is. Once again we find ourselves in a situation where we will be moved from the city and the choice to do that resides with one party only. It's 2013 all over again and you've saw fit to brand a section of our support 'cocks' for not unreasonably being slightly sceptical of the actual motive of the Woodlands proposal and then compounding your own delusional stance by proclaiming it won't get built because of the council. For what it's worth, the latest revelations don't really alter my opinion on who actually impedes progress at CCFC and one day all of the elements (Sisu rent strike, ACL, Government austerity cuts) will show how the club owners engineered Wasps Ricoh ownership.

Until then stop being a divisive twat.

fernandopartridge

Two things I blame CCC for: a) Choosing Sisu as owners. b) Underestimating what a mentalist Seppala actually is. Once again we find ourselves in a situation where we will be moved from the city and the choice to do that resides with one party only. It's 2013 all over again and you've saw fit to brand a section of our support 'cocks' for not unreasonably being slightly sceptical of the actual motive of the Woodlands proposal and then compounding your own delusional stance by proclaiming it won't get built because of the council. For what it's worth, the latest revelations don't really alter my opinion on who actually impedes progress at CCFC and one day all of the elements (Sisu rent strike, ACL, Government austerity cuts) will show how the club owners engineered Wasps Ricoh ownership.

The engineering of Wasps ownership pre-dates the rent strike by a long while. The email from Daniel Gidney to the other members of ACL's board (including the council represenatives) about buying Wasps RFC came in March 2012 (before the rent strike). The content of the email was clearly a culmination of some detailed talks between ACL and Wasps' which had happened over a period of time before March 2012.

The 'negotations' that took place in 2012 with SISU were therefore a mirage, and SISU being SISU overplayed their hand by taking part in the rent strike and subsequent move to Northampton (whether or not they believed that ACL had agreed to it or not). This presented a PR open goal for the Council and ACL, which with the help of a very expensive PR firm in Weber Shandwick they were able to exploit massively.

The local council, despite having an existing historic rugby club playing in a ground that the council owned, supported the idea of bringing Wasps to the city all the way through from 2011. Their sins are numerous and go way beyond just bringing SISU in and underestimating Seppalla.

The conclusion of it all is that CCFC were never seen as potential owners of the stadium, they'd always be the gracious tenant to the 'buy-to-let' live in landlord in the form of Wasps RFC.

Captain Dart

The engineering of Wasps ownership pre-dates the rent strike by a long while. The email from Daniel Gidney to the other members of ACL's board (including the council represenatives) about buying Wasps RFC came in March 2012 (before the rent strike). The content of the email was clearly a culmination of some detailed talks between ACL and Wasps' which had happened over a period of time before March 2012.

The 'negotations' that took place in 2012 with SISU were therefore a mirage, and SISU being SISU overplayed their hand by taking part in the rent strike and subsequent move to Northampton (whether or not they believed that ACL had agreed to it or not). This presented a PR open goal for the Council and ACL, which with the help of a very expensive PR firm in Weber Shandwick they were able to exploit massively.

The local council, despite having an existing historic rugby club playing in a ground that the council owned, supported the idea of bringing Wasps to the city all the way through from 2011. Their sins are numerous and go way beyond just bringing SISU in and underestimating Seppalla.

The conclusion of it all is that CCFC were never seen as potential owners of the stadium, they'd always be the gracious tenant to the 'buy-to-let' live in landlord in the form of Wasps RFC.

The Council should never have got involved in the Arena project at all.
What they've done is create a potential white elephant with too much debt on it.
Someone will suffer for that & I guess it won't be CCFC.

What we don't know is what went on between SISU & CCC before Wasps became involved.
It looks like the expectation was SISU would buy out the Arena, but they refused to and that sent the Council looking elsewhere.
Although they passed the debt on to Wasps they've now created a PR disaster.

None of this solves the problem of CCFC being homeless and a pawn in a tussle between 2 hedge funds and the council.
Sadly the end is still not in sight.

fernandopartridge

The Council should never have got involved in the Arena project at all.
What they've done is create a potential white elephant with too much debt on it.
Someone will suffer for that & I guess it won't be CCFC.

What we don't know is what went on between SISU & CCC before Wasps became involved.
It looks like the expectation was SISU would buy out the Arena, but they refused to and that sent the Council looking elsewhere.
Although they passed the debt on to Wasps they've now created a PR disaster.

None of this solves the problem of CCFC being homeless and a pawn in a tussle between 2 hedge funds and the council.
Sadly the end is still not in sight.

I agree tbh. I've said time and time again the way they set up the Arena and ACL was doomed from the start.

Fergusons_Beard

Like I said-I was just and still am a little surprised about the number of folks who were on the SISU thread but not equally as critical of the council.

It’s interesting you blame the council for ‘choosing SISU as owners’ which again clearly shows what a great handle you have on this whole shit storm.

You also fall back to the standard anti-female stance when weirdly blaming the council for how the leader of a hedge fund works!

It may well be ‘2013 all over again’ but this time City supporters are a little more armed with facts that allow us to challenge all sides.

One of these is how the council seem not to be on the side of our beloved 130 year old Football Club.

We are both supporters of CCFC and we both want what’s best for our club-maybe instead of calling me divisive you might read up on a few things on here and enlighten yourself.

fernandopartridge

Like I said-I was just and still am a little surprised about the number of folks who were on the SISU thread but not equally as critical of the council.

It’s interesting you blame the council for ‘choosing SISU as owners’ which again clearly shows what a great handle you have on this whole shit storm.

You also fall back to the standard anti-female stance when weirdly blaming the council for how the leader of a hedge fund works!

It may well be ‘2013 all over again’ but this time City supporters are a little more armed with facts that allow us to challenge all sides.

One of these is how the council seem not to be on the side of our beloved 130 year old Football Club.

We are both supporters of CCFC and we both want what’s best for our club-maybe instead of calling me divisive you might read up on a few things on here and enlighten yourself.

The council did have a massive role in choosing SISU as owners, have a look at Gilbert's book.

rondog1973

Most of which is indisputable last paragraph excepted.

There's no evidence to suggest that although talks with Wasps did indeed predate the rent strike, that these talks were aimed at bringing them into the fold as landlords. More, the increasingly souring relationship determined the council threw in the towel with engaging with Sisu as potential purchasers.

RoboCCFC90

I care about my city more than CCFC. For that reason, I want the Ricoh to be used, I want CCFC to use it and I'm happy if that means sharing with Wasps.

I stopped short of reading the remainder of your OP when I saw this line. You care more about our City than CCFC, which essentially means you were happy for the Council and ACL to bring in a franchised Rugby Club from London and shove two fingers in the face of not just CCFC, but also Coventry Rugby.

The ideal scenario now is that the leeches from London go bust or sod off back South and the Council eat a portion of humble pie in the process.

fernandopartridge

Most of which is indisputable last paragraph excepted.

There's no evidence to suggest that although talks with Wasps did indeed predate the rent strike, that these talks were aimed at bringing them into the fold as landlords. More, the increasingly souring relationship determined the council threw in the towel with engaging with Sisu as potential purchasers.

There is. The de facto position of ACL as landlord meant that if they took over Wasps' business, ACL are Wasps and Wasps are CCFC's landlord. It is just reverse of what actually happened in the end.

Sky Blue Harry H

Based on what? Criticising the council?

Sick Boy - just noticed your location is Verona. Without breaking any GDPR rules, can I ask what you are doing out there? Regular Lake Garda visitor, and Hellas are my 'second team' Have you read the Tim Parks 'A season in Verona' -? - if not, do so. Anyway, I won't officially stalk you (I might) but just have a love of that area! Apologies for being nosey!!

usskyblue

Sick Boy - just noticed your location is Verona. Without breaking any GDPR rules, can I ask what you are doing out there? Regular Lake Garda visitor, and Hellas are my 'second team' Have you read the Tim Parks 'A season in Verona' -? - if not, do so. Anyway, I won't officially stalk you (I might) but just have a love of that area! Apologies for being nosey!!

It’s not match.com m8

SBAndy

Before I do... is it worth buying? I've seen nothing outside of that that says they encouraged SISU's arrival so would like to see... but the way he hawked it was unbecoming ;)

I thought the same but the guys at work got it for me as a birthday present. Haven’t got round to reading it yet, mind.

Sick Boy

Haha yes of course, I moved back over here in January but lived here for a few years about 4 years previously (girlfriend is Italian).

Yes I have read the book, a great read! I was on La Curva on Tuesday for the Brescia game, first game I saw was the 0-0 draw with Empoli to secure promotion in 2013. I then had a season ticket for Luca Toni’s first season.

I think there are a couple of other posters on here who follow Hellas as well.

Let me know when you’re back over and we can go for a beer.

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Great book H.

So is ‘The Miracle of Castel De Sangro’ (natch)

One of my fave footy books and well worth a read

Users who are viewing this thread