Prima Donna 12 year olds! (1 Viewer)

bamalamafizzfazz

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16601927.stm

Chelsea sign three Luton Town brothers

Page last updated at 17:44 GMT, Tuesday, 17 January 2012

_57945406_lutontrio.jpg
Rio (left), Cole (centre) and Jay had been with Luton since they were seven

Chelsea have signed three Luton Town youth players, all of them brothers, for a five-figure sum each.
Twins Rio and Cole Dasilva, 12, as well as their 13-year-old sibling Jay, have joined the Blues academy after five years in the Hatters ranks.
Luton say the total value of the deal could top £1m should the trio play in the Chelsea first team.
"This is a historic deal to see three brothers transferred together," said Luton head of youth Gregg Broughton.
"Following our loss in the play-offs last season we were told that the boys wished to look at other options, as was their prerogative to do so.
"And now after six months of uncertainty, we are delighted that they have found a club where they are settled and one that recognises the development work that Luton Town have put in over the last five years."

bamalamafizzfazz

Doesn't say what nationality they are but I assume English but with names Rio, Cole and Ja DaSilva someone at Chelseas probably thought they were South American lol.

Just makes me laugh that these kids decided that they wanted to move when Luton lost in the playoffs. I bet they even have agents. What is happening to our game?

It's the fee as well though 5 figure. That means Luton have received between £10,000 and £99,000 for each one of them. With up to £1mill if they go on to appear in the first team. AMAZING

SkyBlueMania

I never understand why youths go to Chelsea?! They must have one of the worst records of developing players. At least at Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal they blood their youths in the first team, the best these lads can hope for is a few loan spells until they are 21 where they will be released to lower league football. Terrible choice in my opinion.

LastGarrison

Yeah I read the other day that bar McEachran who is an and around the first team the last home grown player to come through was John Terry!!

Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread