Preston (1 Viewer)

Littlewood CCFC

Just read on Prestons forum that they're very confident they can get the 3 points on Saturday. I've saw Mark Robins install great confidence and belief in the Coventry players and believe on our current form we can beat anyone! what's everyones predictions for the game Saturday?

Mines 2-0 Coventry :D

hamil99

Facebook User
Another 3-1 please, to cov of cause! I can really see the players now not being satisfied till 3 have been scored. Might be the rum but I reckon we won't lose again in the league this season. Come on city, there's no one in this league to fear!

kg82

I don't expect anything with Cov, but I'm confident we can do the job. If they carry on the way they're playing at the moment it really should be our 3 points.

ggrady

If we are at our best then Preston don't have a hope. However we are cov as soon as we get any expectation at home we crumble. If we get a goal in the first 30 mins we will win 4 or 5-0 again

LJC_CCFC

Westleys tactics come straight from the Aidy Boothroyd school of football, with this in mind I'm going 3-1 to city. Outclass them football wise and look to Woody, Edge and Jennings to mix it up with them. Also their current strike partnership have one goal between them this season

Paxman II

Oh how I wish football were that simple.

Now we are in this position of 'confidence' and 'form' the hard part is to turn that into sustainability over a period of games without the odd hiccup. That hiccup could be Saturday if we enter into it too confident.

The reason I'm confident though is MR's. However every team has a mare now and then so lets hope that is not just now....leave that until the new year and lets get among them first.

Interestingly in the after match interview Barton explained they are looking towards the play offs as a minimum target which suggest they are not going to let things bother them on their march as it were.

Confident indeed.....I like that attitude in the camp, they obviously know they are more than capable of it.

Last edited:

coop

Now we are in this position of 'confidence' and 'form' the hard part is to turn that into sustainability over a period of games without the odd hiccup. That hiccup could be Saturday if we enter into it too confident. I think that hiccup was Scunthorpe and do believe we've turned the corner and we must keep Goldie for it to continue

Astute

You have to be realistic. We will not go the test of the season undefeated. Even the top sides have bad results. We just need less bad results than the teams above us and not to lose to them.

This is coming from someone who was in need of a straight jacket thinking we could still make the top 6 when we were in the bottom 4 :D

skybluelee

I really hope the preston players go into the game expecting to win as they will be in for helluva shock.

Gaz

Everyone can beat any other team in this league, so you can never be too sure of the 3 points.
But we are a team in great form, scoring goals and we have home advantage, so our chances are looking good.

2-0 Cov

SkyBlueCharlie

I really cannot believe that there are many teams that would really fancy themselves against the City at the moment. Not just the goalscoring but the way that we are playing is so impressive. Saturday's game was a real team effort and shows the belief that MR has instilled in the whole squad.

covcity4life

this is ricoh test 3 for the season imo

we failed vs notts county,we failed vs scunthorpe

now the fans have their hopes up again,will cov let them down?

smileycov

Facebook User
As some one pointed out earlier, this weekend is massive in relation to the amount of top 10 teams playing each other. If we can continue our great form beat Preston we may well be within 4/5 points of the play offs.......looking good for the Christmas run of games. Jan 2013 we could well be firmly embedded in the play off spots.

CovMatt1987

As Cov fans we all (or most of us) rightly have this little voice inside of us saying 'dont get too carried away' when we hit good form.The difference for me though is Mark Robins - i always felt ith this squad the main thing would be getting them in the right mental frame of mind, and he has clearly done that. Going down and on the back of last season alot of players probably would have lacked a bit of confidence.........but he seems to have them all believing they not only can but WILL win every game. There will always be slip ups but i dont think this will be one - 3-1 City

Mucca Mad Boys

this is ricoh test 3 for the season imo

we failed vs notts county,we failed vs sc-unithorpe

now the fans have their hopes up again,will cov let them down?

I think we've transitioned from those 2 games, as we have distinctively moved from 4-4-2, to 4-4-1-1 and we've been better since.

CTID

3-1 City, sheffers to score first will be my bet this weekend. The way he has been playing recently deserves a goal

skybluelee

One more goal for sheff will take him to 73 overall, one more than dion. Nobody has more than those two since i started following the club in 1983.

Any oldies know who the last player to score more was? Wallace, ferguson maybe?

Steve.B50

I think we will get another 4 or 5 against Preston, the way we played at Doncater no one can touch us. Just a pity wew have to letr Goldie go in January.
Am putting us down foe a 5-1 again (got 80/1 v Walsall), might do a double with McGoldrick gor a hatrick.

covcity4life

I think we've transitioned from those 2 games, as we have distinctively moved from 4-4-2, to 4-4-1-1 and we've been better since.

yeah i was at scunthorpe and felt all was lost

but that final 10min surge meant something,robins commented after how the players must attack from min 1,not leave it till final 10 mins

and what happend? 5-0,3-1,4-1 etc

a turning point perhaps.

North York’s Blue

I think we will get another 4 or 5 against Preston, the way we played at Doncater no one can touch us. Just a pity wew have to letr Goldie go in January.
Am putting us down foe a 5-1 again (got 80/1 v Walsall), might do a double with McGoldrick gor a hatrick.

Were you the bloke in block 16 who was screaming for the Walsall defence to clear the ball with a few mins to go at 5-1 up??

mattylad

I think we need to wait and see if we can win ugly, no doubt currently we are just knocking sides over but what happens when other teams start sticking 11 behind the ball as they were early on in the season when they expected us to play like we are now. That said I think a nice little 2-0 could be on for Sat.

Steve.B50

Bucks Blue. Yes think that was me.
Did the same at Doncaster but had 3-1, then Barton had to take it all way from me lol

S

SkyBlue Baker96

I've been thinking about this game since the Donny win and can't help but think we could lose or draw, not because of our form it's just a gut feeling

SkyBlueCharlie

One more goal for sheff will take him to 73 overall, one more than dion. Nobody has more than those two since i started following the club in 1983.

Any oldies know who the last player to score more was? Wallace, ferguson maybe?

Jim Brown has the answer to that one: Clarrie Bourton

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-players/past-players/2008/10/06/jim-brown-clarrie-bourton-coventry-city-s-greatest-scorer-92746-21973596/

During his six seasons with the club, Coventry scored 577 league goals and Bourton contributed173 of them in 228 appearances

Best Seasonal Records (43 or more goals)

Clarrie Bourton 49 Coventry City 1931-32
http://www.rsssf.com/tablese/engtops.html
Macs got a bit of a way to go yet....bit before my time though.;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread