Preston Ratings (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Because in the 1st minute there was a simple ball he should have easily claimed and any competent keeper would have, but because he has separation anxiety from the goal line he panicked and ran back. That set the tone for the game and we were shakey from then on. He can’t really be blamed for either of the others but the first was embarrassing and put us in a situation we could have done without being in. He’s a liability.
He not only ran back, he was nearly behind the line when the goal went in

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

skyblue025

The first goal was a comedy of errors. Dasilva for panicking and putting it out for a corner, Wilson for not coming for the ball and Thomas for allowing his opposite number to bully him and make a pathetic attempt at a challenge.

stevefloyd

Look if Wilson had come to catch it invariably it ends up at the strikers feet because he cannot catch, it was a complete shit show from start to finish, very poor team selection hampered by a weak bench and poor performances throughout

Calista

He not only ran back, he was nearly behind the line when the goal went in
The Man City keeper last night was back in his own net when he made a save last night and got praised for it.

Not rating Wilson is fine. But people really shouldn't be scapegoating him for 3 goals that were down to a combination of decent play by Preston and mistakes by other players.

shmmeee

The Man City keeper last night was back in his own net when he made a save last night and got praised for it.

Not rating Wilson is fine. But people really shouldn't be scapegoating him for 3 goals that were down to a combination of decent play by Preston and mistakes by other players.

You’re doing a honourable job here but seriously Wilson is a dreadful keeper.

shmmeee

As I said, that's a separate question from whether he was to blame for the 3 goals. He wasn't.

I think the fear he puts in the back line and his total refusal to communicate on the pitch mean his influence spreads beyond just his positioning and handling TBF.

Grendel

As I said, that's a separate question from whether he was to blame for the 3 goals. He wasn't.

I think he was the first and it’s general confidence levels

Although I know stats can be used to support certain arguments the fact we’ve learn 7 of our 9 defeats when he’s in goal to be a strong indicator he’s ooor

Calista

I think the fear he puts in the back line and his total refusal to communicate on the pitch mean his influence spreads beyond just his positioning and handling TBF.
Yet all last season's clean sheets were down to the defence in front of him, despite him constantly giving them the jitters?

tbh I think we need a better first choice keeper because I see both Wilson and Collins more as decent backups. I just don't see too much difference between them, and blaming Wilson for those three goals is silly.

Hertsccfc

You’re doing a honourable job here but seriously Wilson is a dreadful keeper.
He wasn't responsible for any of the goals. I like Thomas but he was mainly culpable for two and Dasilva the other. Fair enough if you don't like Wilson but blaming him for Friday is just confirmation bias.

fatso

View attachment 34226
It's a ball that some keepers would have claimed, but it's hardly 'simple' because rather than having a flat trajectory it's coming down with ice on. And then the header itself is unstoppable, because it bullets into the top corner.

Wilson gets no credit for last night but there were failings all over the pitch, and blaming him for all three goals is facile.
Any decent keeper would have claimed that ball or punched it away, Wilson has a clear path, isn't impeded in any way, and has a long enough time to make a decision, but is rooted to his line and basically becomes a spectator as the ball flies into the net.

The other two goals weren't his fault, but he's definitely got to do better for the first.
(As should Thomas)

We at least know that Collins is our best keeper, and Wilson and Moore can be moved on in the summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

'Decent play' is stretching it.

shmmeee

He wasn't responsible for any of the goals. I like Thomas but he was mainly culpable for two and Dasilva the other. Fair enough if you don't like Wilson but blaming him for Friday is just confirmation bias.

He should have claimed the first or done better with his save. The goals weren’t his fault but he was part of a poor defence and every defence has looked nervous in front of him, especially without Fadz.

ProfessorbyGrace

Leeds scored 3 after 80 mins, not part of their game plan hahahha
The goals to make it 2-1 and 3-1 to Leeds were just infeasible, the deflections were mad.
Cannot believe how many gilt-etched chances Leicester missed, it was ludicrous. They should have had at least 4 before Leeds scored their 2nd.

Adge

Any decent keeper would have claimed that ball or punched it away, Wilson has a clear path, isn't impeded in any way, and has a long enough time to make a decision, but is rooted to his line and basically becomes a spectator as the ball flies into the net.

The other two goals weren't his fault, but he's definitely got to do better for the first.
(As should Thomas)

We at least know that Collins is our best keeper, and Wilson and Moore can be moved on in the summer.
Which he knew as 5 minutes or so later he punched one away where he was around the Penalty spot.
Could have communicated better in my opinion for the 3rd goal.

Users who are viewing this thread