Preston North End fan in peace (1 Viewer)

lilywhite

hi all,

Apologies for interrupting your night.

By way introduction I’m a North End fan, after me da started taking me in ‘86. However earlier in his life, after leaving Ireland, my da ended up in Warwick to train to be a nurse. He was a Season Ticket holder from the late 60’s til late 70’s and always had a soft spot for you guys. (I know, I know, I’m getting to the point soon)

When you guys got to Wembley he managed to get some tickets from a friend of his (a very famous ex-footballer, but that’s as near to name-dropping as I get) and had probably the greatest day of his life as a football fan ( I mentioned I follow North End, so u know what I mean).

Anyway, after a short illness, my da passed away and I’ve been helping his wife sort out the attic and some of his belongings and came across a folder of all what I think is every newspaper cutting the day after the final and the Wembley program and the Leeds semi final one too.

I’ve had a look through and it doesn’t hold any value to me and I don’t want to bin them so does anyone on here want them? They might as well go to a good home.

I don’t want anything for them, send me your address and I’ll whack em in an envelope and post them to you (obviously not Australia or anywhere weird).

And that’s that really, it’s a strange topic and feel free to move it to a better forum.

Good luck for the season.

lilywhite

Thanks fella. It’s a bit a shit one, like.

I can’t be bothered to be honest. It might be a nice little pack for someone, like. If someone wants to give anything, they can donate to a charity or if you have an Anti-SISU fund or summat.

BUSA

I’d be interested and happy to make a donation to a charity for you. Sorry for your loss

christonabike

Lilywhite sorry to hear about your loss you have so much in common with many of us who’s father and mother came to Coventry etc and did the same. Good luck to you and if you ever come across MainstandMan on the PNE forum please send him over here to say hello to me.

lilywhite

Lilywhite sorry to hear about your loss you have so much in common with many of us who’s father and mother came to Coventry etc and did the same. Good luck to you and if you ever come across MainstandMan on the PNE forum please send him over here to say hello to me.
Cheers fella. I’ll pass it on if I see him.

Kind words, ta!

Sky Blue Harry H

Really touching, and reminded me of my dad being a Wolves fan and taking me to Highfield Road as a kid. I became a City fan for life, and he went to mainly City games thereafter (despite his boyhood Wolves love). Sorry for your loss lilywhite, and a lovely gesture.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

hi all,

By way introduction I’m a North End fan, after me da started taking me in ‘86. However earlier in his life, after leaving Ireland, my da ended up in Warwick to train to be a nurse. He was a Season Ticket holder from the late 60’s til late 70’s and always had a soft spot for you guys. (I know, I know, I’m getting to the point soon)

When you guys got to Wembley he managed to get some tickets from a friend of his (a very famous ex-footballer, but that’s as near to name-dropping as I get) and had probably the greatest day of his life as a football fan ( I mentioned I follow North End, so u know what I mean).

Anyway, after a short illness, my da passed away and I’ve been helping his wife sort out the attic and some of his belongings and came across a folder of all what I think is every newspaper cutting the day after the final and the Wembley program and the Leeds semi final one too.

I’ve had a look through and it doesn’t hold any value to me and I don’t want to bin them so does anyone on here want them? They might as well go to a good home.

I don’t want anything for them, send me your address and I’ll whack em in an envelope and post them to you (obviously not Australia or anywhere weird).

And that’s that really, it’s a strange topic and feel free to move it to a better forum.

Sorry for your loss pal. Nice gesture from you.

oucho

hi all,

Well i think this is very classy. Well done to you.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nice post, Geezer. Good to see genuine footie fans mixing well together. Deserves all the "likes" you get as well. (By the way, if you don't need your 'credit' - currently standing at £45.23), could you transfer it to my account? I'm sure I could make good use of it! :emoji_money_mouth:

RegTheDonk

Lovely gesture mate ill expect your dad would be pleased a City fans will inherit that bundle. Best wishes to you and his wife.

Users who are viewing this thread