Preston Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Would have been one place off play-off if points deduction didn't happen :mad:

Brighton Sky Blue

The shit defence is much more frustrating considering we can now score regularly

We would be sitting on at least 0 points if we could defend even averagely

We shouldn't have had negative points in the fecking first place.

stupot07

I'm quite happy with the high scoring games, yes the defence is shit but we're probably the best team going forward in the league. I'd rather lose a game giving it a good go, then lose it Andy Thorn style where it's so boring to watch.

It's ironic really, the amount of fans that got fed up with negative and defensive football and said they'd be more happy if we played attacking football and tried to score more than the opposition a bit like the old Newcastle-Keegan days.

torchomatic

Hold on, this is what happened under Eric Black - the Godlike figure everyone seems to want back when we're looking for a manager. I wonder we'll be saying the same thing about Pressley in years to come. I'm pleased for Pressley as I think a lot of fans were slagging off a bit too quickly.

We'd be pissing this league this season if we could defend

torchomatic

Agree, BSB. Just said in another post, this is exactly the kind of thing that happened under Black. Long may the team and Pressley keep it up.

We shouldn't have had negative points in the fecking first place.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pressley saying our general defending is ok, we're not getting cut open regularly and is pleased with our pressing game. We're just losing concentration at key times, corners, crosses, goal kicks

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, BSB. Just said in another post, this is exactly the kind of thing that happened under Black. Long may the team and Pressley keep it up.

I am happy to be proven wrong on my pre season criticism if Pressley can keep it up-but rather than be more tempted to go I just feel more frustrated about what might be if the club were properly run.

Getting out of League 1 really isn't hard.

Covstar

Pressley: Proud of the character in our young team but also dissapointed we didn't win the game as we deserved to today. Kevin davies was all over Andy webster for the 4th goal and that should have been a foul. All in all we are an exciting team to watch and the lads never give up till the final whistle.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So it's best to have no support than poor support ?

In an ideal world no. I want to see my team play as much as the next bloke. But, you must admit that at times at the Ricoh, fans could quite easily turn on the team!

It could quite easily happen at Northampton too, but whilst I can't see the attendances changing dramatically anytime soon, I can see us being involved in more fight backs like the last two at Northampton than I could if we played at the ricoh

bigfatronssba

If the players are tough enough to keep coming from behind then they are tough enough to overcome a few groans from the crowd.

The way some of you on here speak you would think we are the worst fans in the country. Wolves fans were getting on at their players on Friday night despite the fact they were winning. That's football, and if certain players can't handle that then they are in the wrong job.

skybluejelly

Got to agree with Presley thought our defence was unlucky...I think nearly every chance they had they scored with ..Preston have always been our bogey team in my eyes. The goal Clarke missed when he hit the crossbar for the second time was an absolute sitter.. But hey ho you can't win them all

stupot07

If the players are tough enough to keep coming from behind then they are tough enough to overcome a few groans from the crowd.

The way some of you on here speak you would think we are the worst fans in the country. Wolves fans were getting on at their players on Friday night despite the fact they were winning. That's football, and if certain players can't handle that then they are in the wrong job.

Utter tosh.

Marty

Just saw the goals.

Had to be a foul on Webster for the 4th........didn't it?

Murphy looked suspect for the third (crouching instead of trying to stretch) and the 4th.

You always play to the whistle and Clarke stopped. I don't think it was a free kick. Webster ducked and backed into their forward.

ccfcway

Got to agree with Presley thought our defence was unlucky...I think nearly every chance they had they scored with ..Preston have always been our bogey team in my eyes. The goal Clarke missed when he hit the crossbar for the second time was an absolute sitter.. But hey ho you can't win them all

]we dont

Users who are viewing this thread