Preston goal on FL show (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

Just watched their goal (although at the game I wasn't sure how they got the chance) and it starts with a ridiculous backward header from (should be super-sub) Barton coupled with poor positioning from the Edge.

When did we last keep a clean sheet in the league at home?

dongonzalos

Just watched their goal (although at the game I wasn't sure how they got the chance) and it starts with a ridiculous backward header from (should be super-scapegoat) Barton coupled with poor positioning from the Edge.

When did we last keep a clean sheet in the league at home?

Helped you out a bit with that one

Otis

FL show said we only had the one shot all game. Is that true?

Racking my brains here to see if I can remember anything in the game. I'm sure they must mean 'on target.'

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
FL show said we only had the one shot all game. Is that true?

Racking my brains here to see if I can remember anything in the game. I'm sure they must mean 'on target.'

According to the BBC's own stats page we had 9 shots, 2 of which were on target.

Otis

Well, that's what I thought. Be been wracking my brains and i can hardly remember a shot at all. We had some near misses from good balls in, but did we even make their keeper make a single save?

Otis

Don't think we made the keeper make a save though did we. Do recall the Adams shots, but can't recall DMC doing much.

Don't think their keeper had much to do at all, all day.

stupot07

Their keeper didn't make a save, apart from the goal the only other proper chance was Elliott's. Adams and Goldie's were all pot shots from outside the box and all badly hit.

Otis

Remember Adams' going well wide. Didn't Goldie have a couple of blocked shots?

You have to say that to create so few chances at home is unacceptable.

stupot07

Remember Adams' going well wide. Didn't Goldie have a couple of blocked shots?

You have to say that to create so few chances at home is unacceptable.
Completely agree.

Played 12 won 3 is also unacceptable at home.

wingy

Certainly makes claim for title ambitions appear all a bit lame doesn't it. ;)

Such a ffeffing shame to miss the opporotunity with the extra 2k. in the Stadium .

The energy ,desire ,focus and organisation vanished yesterday,and for possibly the second time only I felt the subs were late not enough or for the right personel ,however in MR I trust and fully expect a reaction.

Otis

The sub thing was odd. Christie clearly should have been subbed much earlier. I would have left Moussa on too and withdrawn Barton.

ROD may well have been a better option than Elliot as well.

covcity4life

Certainly makes claim for title ambitions appear all a bit lame doesn't it. ;)

And win streaks make 14th place finish predictions seem lame

The season ends in may , they don't give titles out in December

Don't be so naive, have some patience

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I was surprised MR opted to bring Elliott on considering hes been out the first team picture for so long. Also worried that he'd got the nod because "he'd been putting them away all week in training". Brought back memories of the "Cody hits hat trick in training" quote from our former manager....

Otis

Not naive at all to say a title chance is not at all feasible. This from a side that has won just 3 games out of 12 at home?:thinking about:

Last edited:

covcity4life

And yet here we are in December with a chance, and after our firstb8 games!!!

You keep talking like seasons ended...thump Shrewsbury and our home form could change

Otis

Well I hope you're right. We thumped Walsall though didn't we and then came up badly short against Preston.

lordsummerisle

With our win streak we are 13th place, with teams behind us with a game in hand.

14th place is closer as a prediction than play-offs or title winning with half a season gone.

Think we'll get close this season, about 8th, but next season, if we're still going, be looking for automatic promotion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We drew

Calm down
I agree, I am disappointed with the performance and draw but I don't think a draw is too bad of a result against Preston. They will give all teams in the division a tough game

It's not like the Scunthorpe and Portsmouth games where we just gifted the opposition the game or a goal because we weren't good enough, Preston worked hard for there point

Users who are viewing this thread