Preston Game moved due to FAcup (3 Viewers)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

To be expected but still painful and annoying as cant attend now Millwall and Preston. Two games lost from Half season ticket.
Where does this leave Legends day now?
Also incredibly annoying for Preston fans too.
Totally shafted by decision to play on a Monday. Last season 4 games Tuesday and 4 games Wednesday. This affects so many people, for what gain?

Nice business Practice by Preston
Any supporters who bought tickets and/or club coach travel for this fixture and cannot attend on the new date, can obtain a full refund in person at the ticket office, by calling 0344 856 1966, and by emailing [email protected]. All refunded tickets must be returned before 5pm on Thursday 22nd February.

Frank Sidebottom

To be expected but still painful and annoying as cant attend now Millwall and Preston. Two games lost from Half season ticket.
Where does this leave Legends day now?
Also incredibly annoying for Preston fans too.
Totally shafted by decision to play on a Monday. Last season 4 games Tuesday and 4 games Wednesday. This affects so many people, for what gain?
Yeah it's a piss take really... in part caused by the WBA game being brought forward to the Friday which meant our game could've only been the Tuesday anyway. Feel for the Preston fans who've bought train tickets or whatever already.

skybluericoh

£ talks. It’s a shame that the cup game wasn’t selected for later in the week but suppose the WBA game dictated we had to play Monday. The premiership caused this though by demanding that the 5 round is midweek. If it was the weekend then the Preston game would have moved anyway

skyblue1991

Why is it midweek and has been for the past few years? It was always on a Saturday, where in the football calendar has the fixture list forced this change?

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Balli001

Why is it midweek and has been for the past few years? It was always on a Saturday, where in the football calendar has the fixture list forced this change?

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
It's called the premier league big 6

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

They aren't elite athletes so don’t suffer from fatigue.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Balli001

How many of the big 6 are still in the cup and also Europe! The big 6 are notorious for hovering up talent yet whinge that they have not got the players to play lower league teams or suggest it's in some way unfair. They do protest too much consisting their extreme levels of privilege.
It's the whole premier league in truth. Basically forced the fa to agree to that to protect replays

Cov kid 55

Are we happy that we’re playing Friday/Monday? I know people will feel we should beat Maidstone with half a team, but Preston will be tough, and I don’t want to see MR resting loads of players because they’re ‘fatigued’…….

Mucca Mad Boys

Theres no need for so many international breaks, and the carabao cup should just be fucked off now tbh

Without wanting to start another debate, the international break would have more meaning to it if the fixture list wasn’t filled with pointless ties like the Malta, Andorra, and San Marino’s of the world.

Let the ‘lesser’ nations pre-qualify for qualification. Reduce the calendar of the higher ranked teams.

Saddlebrains

Without wanting to start another debate, the international break would have more meaning to it if the fixture list wasn’t filled with pointless ties like the Malta, Andorra, and San Marino’s of the world.

Let the ‘lesser’ nations pre-qualify for qualification. Reduce the calendar of the higher ranked teams.

Agreed

I hate 'friendlies' aswell

Why?

No one gives a shit

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed

I hate 'friendlies' aswell

Why?

No one gives a shit

I don’t really believe in the top nations having to qualify for the major tournaments - with the Euros to be expanded again, it’s even more redundant.

Personally, there’s unfulfilled potential with the UEFA Nations League. At the minute it’s just ‘another’ tournament.

I’m thinking out loud here, but perhaps a league structure with promotion and relegation would work? So the best teams are constantly competing with one another and League A status actually means something and the best teams should qualify automatically.

It’s not the most developed plan because I’m just an ordinary guy.

We’re the only confederation that doesn’t have pre-qualification rounds iirc. Therefore, having the absolute minnows compete against the best teams year on year is pointless for both teams and doesn’t develop those nations either.

International football should be the pinnacle of football and it just isn’t. One of the main reasons for this is because half the fixtures are pretty pointless for the top teams.

Gynnsthetonic

Maidstone fixture schedule very congested the week leading up to the game. Away on Sat 17th Feb, Away Monday 19th Feb, Home 24th Feb, Away to the City 26th Feb

JAM See

For fucks sake peeps!

Successful Championship team has game moved because they are doing well.

This is the new normal.

Deal with it!

SBAndy

Theres no need for so many international breaks, and the carabao cup should just be fucked off now tbh

Get rid of the League Cup, or make it an EFL cup with Champ-L2 and bin off the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, or simply remove the teams from it that qualify for Europe.

There are a few fairly simple options to ease the burden across the board.

MalcSB

For fucks sake peeps!

Successful Championship team has game moved because they are doing well.

This is the new normal.

Deal with it!
Deal with it means people buying a season ticket and not getting to all the games. So fuck off.

JAM See

Deal with it means people buying a season ticket and not getting to all the games. So fuck off.
That's the modern game unfortunately.

I'm lucky, I live locally and don't have a job, so changes to kick off times don't really affect me.

I feel for fans who are more affected than me, but that's the way it is these days.

MalcSB

That's the modern game unfortunately.

I'm lucky, I live locally and don't have a job, so changes to kick off times don't really affect me.

I feel for fans who are more affected than me, but that's the way it is these days.
I don’t live locally but I’m retired so doesn’t affect me personally all that much( although I decreasingly enjoy driving at night). I just don’t think it acceptable or fair to continue to use the ”fixtures may change without liability’ condition which used to be the exception but which is now the norm. How many home Saturday 3pm games have there been?

JAM See

I don’t live locally but I’m retired so doesn’t affect me personally all that much( although I decreasingly enjoy driving at night). I just don’t think it acceptable to use the
Oh you tease...

oakey

I don’t live locally but I’m retired so doesn’t affect me personally all that much( although I decreasingly enjoy driving at night). I just don’t think it acceptable or fair to continue to use the ”fixtures may change without liability’ condition which used to be the exception but which is now the norm. How many home Saturday 3pm games have there been?
4 at home.
11 away so far.
Happy to be corrected

Footnote - 2 of those 4 home games were in the 6 week summer holidays so lots of children/families were away and missed one or both.

SBbucks

Are we happy that we’re playing Friday/Monday? I know people will feel we should beat Maidstone with half a team, but Preston will be tough, and I don’t want to see MR resting loads of players because they’re ‘fatigued’…….

Friday/Monday is hardly different to playing Saturday/Tuesday which we do on a regular basis, so not sure what the problem is or why we would be unhappy.
Maidstone are playing Saturday/Monday, I can understand why they would complain about that. Longish trip back from Taunton on Saturday evening too.

Users who are viewing this thread