Pressley's signings (1 Viewer)

skybluekelly98

Simply as he's not had enough criticism of late just want to talk about Pressley's summer signings. This was the team that was supposed to get us into the playoffs.
Allsop - shite
Pugh - shite
Reda - didn't take extraordinary scouting skills to find him, has been a waste of money in the end anyway.
JOB - not bad
Swanson - shite
Miller - not given a chance
Tudgay - shite
Coulibaly - looked decent, not geven a chance
Mcquoid - shite
Jackson - shitish, has shown potential
Nouble - same as Jackson, shown potential but not utilised in the right way

Gazolba

Don't agree on McQuoid. He was our leading scorer for quite a while but was then inexplicably dropped. Also SP did not choose Allsop or Swanson. Didn't they come with the Bournemouth Wilson deal?

skybluesam66

Don't agree on McQuoid. He was our leading scorer for quite a while but was then inexplicably dropped. Also SP did not choose Allsop or Swanson. Didn't they come with the Bournemouth Wilson deal?
swanson didnt that was mcquoid and coulibaly

Still our (joint) leading goalscorer with 5 in 15 games!!

LB87ccfc

Simply as he's not had enough criticism of late just want to talk about Waggotts summer signings. This was the team that was supposed to get us into the playoffs.
Allsop - shite
Pugh - shite
Reda - didn't take extraordinary scouting skills to find him, has been a waste of money in the end anyway.
JOB - not bad
Swanson - Not given a chance not stayed fit long enough
Miller - not given a chance
Tudgay - shite
Coulibaly - looked decent, not geven a chance
Mcquoid - shite
Jackson - shitish, has shown potential
Nouble - same as Jackson, shown potential but not utilised in the right way

Corrected for you.

georgehudson

quite so LB87, all down to the football guru waggott,
for future reference,
ask Charlton fans what they think / thought about the fisher / waggott dream (nightmare) team

Smudge1987

What was assembled was a team full of freebies and loans not wanted by their parent/previous clubs. Yes a few are loans but the majority are SP picks and would never even get close to promotion the way we play.
Interesting last night on the Preston man u game......not one of Preston's team on the pitch commanded a transfer fee and where are they in the league?

Lord_Nampil

how many times has Pugh played?? fully fit hes left back all day long, problem is he got injured against Cardiff and never recovered! Best set piece taker in the club.... and probably has the most assists still! he was a good signing but like Reda injuries have made a good signing look bad!

how many times has Pugh played?? fully fit hes left back all day long, problem is he got injured against Cardiff and never recovered! Best set piece taker in the club.... and probably has the most assists still! he was a good signing but like Reda injuries have made a good signing look bad!

5 League appearances !!

Hobo

More to do with Waggott than Pressley in my opinion.

LB87ccfc

What was assembled was a team full of freebies and loans not wanted by their parent/previous clubs. Yes a few are loans but the majority are SP picks and would never even get close to promotion the way we play.
Interesting last night on the Preston man u game......not one of Preston's team on the pitch commanded a transfer fee and where are they in the league?

Waggott has done all the wheeling and dealing has had full control, very very little of the signings are down to SP at the club....make of that what you will.

Hincha

Waggott has done all the wheeling and dealing has had full control, very very little of the signings are down to SP at the club....make of that what you will.

Do you actually know that or is it just speculation?

How much of a football man is Waggott? At Charlton he was drafted in to cut the costs around the club as much as possible, that doesn't scream of a man who can pick a player, so why would they give him that responsibility? Then again it might explain the s**t signings.

rupert_bear

Waggott must go, even before SP. This is the man taking our club slowly but surely into oblivion. Not sticking up for Pressley he should grow a pair and stand up to him. Also it was Waggott who gave SP that 4 year contract.

LB87ccfc

Do you actually know that or is it just speculation?

How much of a football man is Waggott? At Charlton he was drafted in to cut the costs around the club as much as possible, that doesn't scream of a man who can pick a player, so why would they give him that responsibility? Then again it might explain the s**t signings.

You have basically answered your own question..... Its agents who call waggott, waggott who controls the budget, alot of the signings have been down to him and his agent friends, Pressley has had very little input with around 80% of the gash we have signed.

Pressley was virtually dictated too during the recruitment process with many of the signings with only a few being his choice - if you can call it a choice after some being 4th/5th on the potential target list.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

You have basically answered your own question..... Its agents who call waggott, waggott who controls the budget, alot of the signings have been down to him and his agent friends, Pressley has had very little input with around 80% of the gash we have signed.

Pressley was virtually dictated too during the recruitment process with many of the signings with only a few being his choice - if you can call it a choice after some being 4th/5th on the potential target list.
I don't think there is much doubt its Waggott who deals with agents and negotiations, the interesting thing to know is how much are Pressley and the scouting team involved with identifying targets.

Hincha

If this is the case then I guess Pressley can be defended to an extent as I believe that the main reason for this seasons troubles is the signings, our squad can't fit a system without obvious deficiencies. Pressley proved at the start of the 12/13 season that he can do well with a good first team and I don't believe any manager long term would be successful with this squad unless a good left-back, winger and 2 central midfielders signed. He did say due to a transfer embargo in 12/13 and starting at sixfields in 13/14 hindered transfers and they lost out on all of our primary (and secondary?) targets, thus scraping the bottom of the barrel. Maybe this summer we will be in a better position to attract our primary targets.

I did only say he can be defended to an extent though, he is still tactically clueless and his man-management is catastrophic. I just think that Pressley proved at the start of the 12/13 season that even a bad manager can be successful in this league with a good, balanced squad. So if we were to sack Pressley and the new manager keeps us up, we will continue to underachieve unless we balance out the squad and sign players who fit the system.

skybluetom

I don't think there is much doubt its Waggott who deals with agents and negotiations, the interesting thing to know is how much are Pressley and the scouting team involved with identifying targets.

Exactly, Pressley admitted in the summer he'd changed his recruitment team in the summer because our signings had been poor.

chiefdave

At the fans forum at the start of the season, with Waggott sat next to him, SP said who comes in and who goes out is entirely his choice. I suspect Waggotts role is more the business side, agreeing terms, sorting contracts etc.

LB87ccfc

At the fans forum at the start of the season, with Waggott sat next to him, SP said who comes in and who goes out is entirely his choice. I suspect Waggotts role is more the business side, agreeing terms, sorting contracts etc.

That is what he likes you to believe................... I will not make any further comment regarding this matter.

Grendel

That is what he likes you to believe................... I will not make any further comment regarding this matter.

Why? Because you haven't a clue what your talking about?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lots of clubs now openly operate a policy where the manager doesn't get a say, or very little input in who is signed. If we were doing that, I don't see why the club would be so secretive over it if it was the case.

georgehudson

i am led to believe that the general way of operating these days is,
the coach / manager will identify a list of positions he deems are necessary to fill,
he will then draw up a series of shortlists,
e.g. CB & a list of a dozen or so for that position,
the director of football will then work through that list & identify possible candidates

shmmeee

i am led to believe that the general way of operating these days is,
the coach / manager will identify a list of positions he deems are necessary to fill,
he will then draw up a series of shortlists,
e.g. CB & a list of a dozen or so for that position,
the director of football will then work through that list & identify possible candidates

I agree. This is how Football Manager works now, must be true.

ccfc1234

josh Mcquoid was dire and top scorer only by default. Might be a good signing however if we go into league 2. But I really hope it won't come to that.

stupot07

josh Mcquoid was dire and top scorer only by default. Might be a good signing however if we go into league 2. But I really hope it won't come to that.

Don't worry Simeon Jackson will score for fun in League two.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

quite so LB87, all down to the football guru waggott,
for future reference,
ask Charlton fans what they think / thought about the fisher / waggott dream (nightmare) team

From what I can see that football guru has no more ability or experience of finding players than the fans on here and if he if wants to argue about that he should invite me to his little event and he can explain his extensive football background.

Terry Gibson's perm

Waggott must go, even before SP. This is the man taking our club slowly but surely into oblivion. Not sticking up for Pressley he should grow a pair and stand up to him. Also it was Waggott who gave SP that 4 year contract.

Have you got an invite Rupert? As the two founder members of Waggott's fan club I thought we might;)

Ratty

Pressley has full control of the signings. SW's job is to try and make them happen.

He makes too many knee-jerk decisions which is why we see so many crap players through the revolving door. We aren't scoring enough goals with 6 strikers at the club and so rather than sort out the supply to the existing players, he goes and gets another 3 in!! and guess what, we still don't score, :jerkit: no shit!!

His best business to date is still pushing Carl baker out the door to bring in Tudgay, not only did he do this but the club are still paying 2/3 of Bakers money. Next week when Baker plays against us, we will be paying him twice as much as them to score against us. Absolute genius !!! :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Stevie P needs to go before its too late !!

rupert_bear

Pressley has full control of the signings. SW's job is to try and make them happen.

He makes too many knee-jerk decisions which is why we see so many crap players through the revolving door. We aren't scoring enough goals with 6 strikers at the club and so rather than sort out the supply to the existing players, he goes and gets another 3 in!! and guess what, we still don't score, :jerkit: no shit!!

His best business to date is still pushing Carl baker out the door to bring in Tudgay, not only did he do this but the club are still paying 2/3 of Bakers money. Next week when Baker plays against us, we will be paying him twice as much as them to score against us. Absolute genius !!! :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Stevie P needs to go before its too late !!
Sorry mate but that is complete tosh, Waggott imposes players on the manager, not all, but a fair few and is a main reason Robins left.

Users who are viewing this thread