Pressley's Judgement (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

On Reda Johnson:
"There were obviously a number of candidates within the squad but I felt Reda had the necessary qualities to lead the side. He has great experience in Championship football and also has experienced promotion from this division. He brings stature, strength and mentality to the group.”

On Simeon Jackson:
“Simeon is a player that has played at the highest level, scored at the highest level and has a track record of being an individual that team mates can depend on when the time comes,” said Pressley.“All of those attributes are the kind I want in my players. He's got a great attitude, he's hungry, he's a very good age and he knows what promotion requires whether that be into League One or the Premier League and his experience will be a huge benefit to the younger players in the dressing room.

So, if they bring 'strength, stature, experience of promotion, mentality that will benefit the dressing room, a great attitude', then when did that change? Did he just get it wrong in the first place, i.e. is he a poor judge of character, and the players just fluked their way to success in the past? Or did it change once Pressley got his hands on them? Maybe we do have a poor squad with poor players, or maybe we have a poor manager who just grinds people down so that they no longer have the desire?

skybluebeduff

So any players can't be wrong about SP surely? Perhaps they're right and SP really is a deluded d***head? Who knows...

Paxman II

I don't buy into SP being the sort to lose the dressing room particularly. He has a decent nature clearly, can be hard if required but players start getting better and praised then think they are the bees knees. If he was so bad then how did ne motivate a result at Colchester? The highlights show some very good attacking play and we may have scored more on another day. If he is guilty of anything it would be the public criticism and getting rid of popular players who were still performing for us ie: Baker. Too much too soon can cause unrest but a good manager will correct the in house problems quickly and a win or two will soon see it forgotten. There can only be one boss.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I don't buy into SP being the sort to lose the dressing room particularly. He has a decent nature clearly, can be hard if required but players start getting better and praised then think they are the bees knees. If he was so bad then how did ne motivate a result at Colchester? The highlights show some very good attacking play and we may have scored more on another day. If he is guilty of anything it would be the public criticism and getting rid of popular players who were still performing for us ie: Baker. Too much too soon can cause unrest but a good manager will correct the in house problems quickly and a win or two will soon see it forgotten. There can only be one boss.

Plenty of managers turn it on for the media. Truth is, we will never really know what he is like behind closed doors, we can only guess.

Brighton Sky Blue

He defends rank poor performances. Used the word terrific after not getting a shot on target at home to Notts County against a crocked goalkeeper. After Worcester he seemed to have woken up but before too long it's back to defending shit.

Not good enough.

stupot07

He's been proven to have been poor in recruitment both in terms of attributes and character/mentality of the players he's brought in. I'm not sure he's lost the dressing room yet. For me, he still doesn't know the English football system/players, etc enough, and should Ideally bringing an old head to do some of that wheeling and dealing for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nonleagueherewecome

He's been proven to have been poor in recruitment both in terms of attributes and character/mentality of the players he's brought in. I'm not sure he's lost the dressing room yet. For me, he still doesn't know the English football system/players, etc enough, and should Ideally bringing an old head to do some of that wheeling and dealing for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

What's Jim Smith up to these days? :p

SkyBlue_Bear83

He admitted that himself a week back, says its something that is improving. We've got 6 or 7 scouts now presumably watching football of all levels around the UK and creating a dossier on a lot of players, presumably looking for league 2 or non league gems.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/steven-pressley-ready-look-lower-8148125

tbh his recruitment has been terrible and I think his days are numbered at the club. If he's still here in January or next summer he'll be on his last chance to show he can recruit a decent player. Last season he had -10 points, sixfields and transfer embargo, this year he had sixfields to begin with again. Even considering the problems imo it still hasn't been good enough. January and next summer if he's still here, he has no excuses to hide behind if he recruits poorly again.

Users who are viewing this thread