Pressley's first mistake? (3 Viewers)

Otis

I know it paid off for him, but that's not to say it wouldn't have paid off if Wilson had replaced Jennings instead of Mouss.

For me Mouss was our most dangerous player and Jennings was having another very, very average game at best.

Think Stupot summed him up perfectly when he called him 'ponderous.'

I think Pressley took the wrong player off and Mouss should have stayed on the pitch, with Bailey taking over the Jennings role.

Think most fans were very unhappy and rather surprised when Moussa's number came up.

Mucca Mad Boys

I know it paid off for him, but that's not to say it wouldn't have paid off if Wilson had replaced Jennings instead of Mouss.

For me Mouss was our most dangerous player and Jennings was having another very, very average game at best.

Think Stupot summed him up perfectly when he called him 'ponderous.'

I think Pressley took the wrong player off and Mouss should have stayed on the pitch, with Bailey taking over the Jennings role.

Think most fans were very unhappy and rather surprised when Moussa's number came up.

Agreed, but more of a concern, for me, is that he procrastinated his subs, which probably cost us 3 points today.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
For me having Bailey and Jennings in the same team reminds me of our worst midfield pairing ever - Doyle and Hughes! OK they're not as bad but they seem to have the same traits. Too defence minded, passing sideways etc. look how long we had to put up with that partnership for, and where it got us. and with Jennings, he tends to want every pass to go through him even when it doesn't need to. But like Clingon!

We definately need to review out Midfield options....

D

Deleted member 4439

The moose moved into a lot of positions, but was he able to create that much tonight? Thought the subs were quite brave, but too late and so not brave enough.

Otis

If you watch him carefully, his first thought always seems to be in him looking for a sideways or backwards pass first.

Lots of times where he has had chance to turn on the ball and move forwards, but he nearly always goes for the very short negative pass.

His tackling is pretty shocking too.

Very disappointed with him myself.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I just think our set up was all wrong

Both wide men cut inside constantly, this is ok if your full backs overlap which ours didn't often tonight. Also McDonald can't hold the ball or link the play, important for your striker to be able to do this if you want to progress up the pitch

Tonight's performance reminded me of a Thorn performance last season. Some good stuff in two thirds of the pitch but every move seemed to break down in the final third. Under Robins we got the ball forward into the strikers feet quickly by playing through the midfield, too much knocking it around between Jennings, Martin and Edge today but that is a result of people higher up the pitch not offering themselves to receive a pass often enough

D

Deleted member 4439

Tonight's performance reminded me of a Thorn performance last season.

Suppose it reflects that we now have a manager who was a defender, not an attacker. Bit disconcerting now that you mention it. Couldn't take another season of Thornesque crabball.

Moussa was the best player on the pitch in the first half but in my opinion massively disappeared in the second. Jennings goes slightly unnoticed but he is important in starting off passing moves and keeping the ball ticking from side to side. In a game where we needed more of a cutting edge it's understandable to think of taking off the more defensive minded player but I think we wouldn't have as much possession as we do with Jennings off the pitch. I think it was the right change but about 10 minutes too late.

Otis

I wonder if Football Manager contracts come with a 14 day cooling off period like when you buy something, and change your mind early on. Can he change his mind about taking on this challenge?

Like a money back guarantee?

If you find the same product cheaper elsewhere you can get a refund on the product?

Bluegloucester

I think he needs to be more dynamic, if things aren't working change it. The subs should have been made earlier to give the players more time to make an impact. This was a match we should have won.

rob9872

Do not rate jennings he keeps the ball moving in midfield but often its a seies of short aimless passes

Really? Below par tonight, but I think he's excellent. Him and moussa ran the show on sat.

cyril

I think he needs to be more dynamic, if things aren't working change it. The subs should have been made earlier to give the players more time to make an impact. This was a match we should have won.

The subs were about to cone on before their second goal to be fair

Mucca Mad Boys

In fairness to Pressley, how many games have we lost at home when we should have won? Too many.

It's been a cancer this season and will kill our chances of promotion if we can't turn it around. Change in personnel will do fine for me!

Users who are viewing this thread