Pressleys been sacked (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Confirmed on facebook

Evo1883

he Sky Blues have parted company with manager Steven Pressley following the club's position in the League One table...

Coventry City Football Club have parted company with manager Steven Pressley.

Chief executive Steve Waggott said: “This has been a very difficult decision from a personal and professional point of view, and we would like to place on record our thanks to Steven for his efforts over the last two years.

“But results over recent weeks and months, and our precarious position in the league table, means that a change of direction at first team level is needed.

“Neil MacFarlane and Dave Hockaday have been placed in temporary charge.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...oventry-city-2289231.aspx#bgEt35GavAsJGYs2.99

covboy1987

he Sky Blues have parted company with manager Steven Pressley following the club's position in the League One table...

Coventry City Football Club have parted company with manager Steven Pressley.

Chief executive Steve Waggott said: “This has been a very difficult decision from a personal and professional point of view, and we would like to place on record our thanks to Steven for his efforts over the last two years.

“But results over recent weeks and months, and our precarious position in the league table, means that a change of direction at first team level is needed.

“Neil MacFarlane and Dave Hockaday have been placed in temporary charge.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...oventry-city-2289231.aspx#bgEt35GavAsJGYs2.99

league two here we come

covcity4life

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn wasnt expecting it.

always talked a great game but did not back it up. lets see how hockaday does.

Monners

The "dropped into the relegation zone, smaller payout" clause has been actioned it seems

Last edited:

kg82

Ahhh, the hugely successful Hockaday in charge. I'd say he'll get the job permanently... No cheap option there! Yes, let's see how he does.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I feel like skipping, anyone want to join me skipping in the sunshine?

You are all completley deluded. Skipping? Now that Hockaday is imminently going to become our permanent manager. This Pressley/Sisu saga sums up why we're some of the worst SUPPORTERS going. Moan non-stop, shit attendances, don't sing, think we all have absolutely invaluable football knowledge, when in fact you're all deluded berks. The Coventry City manager job is easily one of the hardest in football.

No doubt you're the type that when we were in the Championship, was ringing up CWR saying how it would be good for us to be relegated/start a fresh. We deserve Dave Hockaday, rubbish hoofball and thicker than a door post. We deserve a piss poor manager.

kg82

You are all completley deluded. Skipping? Now that Hockaday is imminently going to become our permanent manager. This Pressley/Sisu saga sums up why we're some of the worst SUPPORTERS going. Moan non-stop, shit attendances, don't sing, think we all have absolutely invaluable football knowledge, when in fact you're all deluded berks. The Coventry City manager job is easily one of the hardest in football.

No doubt you're the type that when we were in the Championship, was ringing up CWR saying how it would be good for us to be relegated/start a fresh. We deserve Dave Hockaday, rubbish hoofball and thicker than a door post. We deserve a piss poor manager.

I can't help but agree with most of this

Joy Division

Speak for yourself

skybluebeduff

vcvc.JPG

Deluded if you think Stephen was doing his job as a manager...

Malaka

I'm disappointed. I think we are improving but running out of time. We need results and we need them now. Good luck SP

Sub

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rupert_bear All set up for our new owners in the summer ! That's what I was told over the weekend.

so where did you hear this and how reliable is it ?

lordsummerisle

Against Sheffield United for about 80 minutes we were by far the better team.

Met up with a couple of Sheff Utd mates after the game in the pub, and they agreed, couldn't see why, with ouir squad we weren't right up there, but we all agreed that the substitutions by Pressley changed the game, and the only person culpable for that was Pressley.

Sorry, but the manager has to be responsible for not getting close to getting the best out of our squad.

aviles

will be interesting to hear what SP has to say about this!! im sure he will pull lots of positives

Captain Dart

About bloody time!

davebart

I love the fact the BBC do not mention his time with CCFC as a player. Quite rightly been expunged from history. He was useless then too.

As pleasant a surprise that this news is, I think there must be a tinge of sadness in that he was working for shite owners and did well to keep us up last year. I for one, wish him well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hmmmmmm......:thinking about: Maybe there is a God after all?

Users who are viewing this thread