Pressley What a Pr**K (1 Viewer)

city old boy

It was a Great Performance. take a look at the league table you twat

rob9872

Well if he said that hr simply has to go :)

CCFC PimpRail

Ccfc were always going to loose, only 1-0 is damage limitation. There are certain games that have to be won, such as Scunthorpe....

ccfcway

Ccfc were always going to loose, only 1-0 is damage limitation. There are certain games that have to be won, such as Scunthorpe....

hang on, Waggott and SP are targeting Promotion this year and a game that has to be won is a game against a team near the drop zone ?

Terry Gibson's perm

hang on, Waggott and SP are targeting Promotion this year and a game that has to be won is a game against a team near the drop zone ?

Next time Waggott is interviewed on CWR somebody needs to ask him how this promotion push is going! Seems to be at about the same rate as the Joy Bowl.

Otis

It was a Great Performance. take a look at the league table you twat

Errm, isn't that a contradiction in terms? Not saying it was a great performance today, cause I wasn't there, but whatever comments SP has made today will be in reference to questions put to him post match in regard to today's game.

The league table position is of no relevance to how we played today, so therefore I can see nothing wrong with SP saying it was a great performance, unless of course that is totally inaccurate.

ccfcway

Errm, isn't that a contradiction in terms? Not saying it was a great performance today, cause I wasn't there, but whatever comments SP has made today will be in reference to questions put to him post match in regard to today's game.

The league table position is of no relevance to how we played today, so therefore I can see nothing wrong with SP saying it was a great performance, unless of course that is totally inaccurate.

in which case, i understand he should have said.....

"it was a decent performance against a team who are completely out of form. We had more possession and fewer shots on target. We didnt win."

Not making out like we won 4-0

Otis

in which case, i understand he should have said.....

"it was a decent performance against a team who are completely out of form. We had more possession and fewer shots on target. We didnt win."

Not making out like we won 4-0

I know, fine, but I am not picking bones out of what SP said, I am referring to the fact that you cannot say we didn't play really well today just because of the league table.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know, fine, but I am not picking bones out of what SP said, I am referring to the fact that you cannot say we didn't play really well today just because of the league table.

Well if he says it almost every week that it was a great performance like he continues to do so then the league table does have some relevance to it as it proves we are not performing great on a weekly basis.

Otis

Well if he says it almost every week that it was a great performance like he continues to do so then the league table does have some relevance to it as it proves we are not performing great on a weekly basis.

Yes I know, but that is a different issue. The OP is saying to look at the league table based on what SP said today about today's match.

woody11462

I think today was an improvement on recent performances that I have witnessed and I saw signs of more positivity but still feel we concentrate too much on keeping possession instead of progressing up the field. Nouble and Williams should have switched positions early on but the second half gave me a glimmer of hope that things might improve.

Astute

I think today was an improvement on recent performances that I have witnessed and I saw signs of more positivity but still feel we concentrate too much on keeping possession instead of progressing up the field. Nouble and Williams should have switched positions early on but the second half gave me a glimmer of hope that things might improve.

It got better after Webster came off injured. Why didn't SP mention that?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He did say that he couldn't ask for any more from his players. That surely means that this is as good as they can be. Doesn't look good from where I am.

Gazolba

I'm not sure he really believes what he says. It's better to support the team publicly and work on the problems privately. Nothing positive will come from publicly criticizing the team's every deficiency, in fact it might give our next opponents valuable information we might not want them to have.

CovFan

I completely agree with you. I felt we were unlucky to not get at least a point

The fear I've now got is this season is turning into a carbon copy of the two previous seasons which have led to relegations.

Otis

I completely agree with you. I felt we were unlucky to not get at least a point

The fear I've now got is this season is turning into a carbon copy of the two previous seasons which have led to relegations.

We don't score enough and then let in silly goals at the back. That is a recipe for disaster.

Covstu

By the sound of things and from what a few friends have said, we didn't play badly so not surprise he did say it was an good performance (excellent probably OTT). It clearly doesn't help us as our league position doesn't lie and time is running out if we were going to switch manager.

I would give it a month then it will be too late to change a manager then our hands will be well and truly in SP hands.

kdrinkell

I went to the game and admittedly the first half was pretty dire,the goal was what Kevin Davies has done all his career some say our players were at fault for it but not for me.

The second half started brightly and continued like that and how Nouble missed I will never know but he did go off not long after he is okay for Tuesday so I think it must have been his pride,towards the end they were like being at the Alamo and we hit the corner of the goal,it was an excellent performance ​in the second half.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry but we have to accept he is going to be here till the end of the season after letting him bring in so many players. I do fear his tactics as much as anything else will lead to relegation though

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Pressley is here to stay, at least he has some fresh players in but he hasn't a clue how to use them and his continuation with one of the worst central pairing I have ever seen, it is going to go to the wire and we are currently the team without the change in form which others are having.

Not going to be a pleasant few months.

D

Deleted member 4439

i think he actually called it an excellent performance

He actually said both {"great" and "excellent") about the team, interspersed with the usual "outstanding performance" when reflecting on individual performances.

I think you'll find, were you to trawl though the archives, that the team have been either "magnificent", "outstanding","excellent", or merely "great" in the majority of the games played this season.

skybluebeduff

Pressley's inability to prove to people that he know's what he's doing, is very consistent. Just as much as RFC is consistent at thinking we're all mugs.

Grendel

We're U there? It was a 1-0 defeat and should have got something out of it.

We didn't and we are where we are, stick together & stick with it. PUSB

Are you related to Captain Smith by any chance?

"Sir sir there's an iceberg straight ahead"

"Nonsense just keep straight and we will get to the other side soon"

tisza

I'd like him to explain why it will be easier in the summer as the club will be more stable.
also there are clubs at the top of the table with a lot of loanees and clubs with only a few so surely it comes down to the quality of recruitment & management as the key factors in success rather than the number of loanees..

Evo1883

he said it was a great performance though not a great season
Actually going off what he says after every match in general , youd imagine we were riding high in the league and having a great season

M&B Stand

We're U there? It was a 1-0 defeat and should have got something out of it.

We didn't and we are where we are, stick together & stick with it. PUSB

Over the years we've lost hundreds of games that we should've got something from. That defeat culture is part of the reason we are such a shit club. Losing but taking the positives is easy.

Sir Alex said in his book plenty of times managers patted themselves on the back, counting themselves unlucky after losing to United, he was just happy with the points. That was always the aim.

Users who are viewing this thread