Pressley thinks Moussa and Christie are off (1 Viewer)

Hobo

The fact neither player has signed suggests both players feel they can get better elsewhere, or at least can afford to weight.

No shock is it. It's been talked to death all season with these too.

Chipfat

I think you are being unkind to both players, they are young enough to go and learn with better players, better coaching and a fresh start to something new..Im sure both will be in the championship but been told Christie may have an option to go higher... Wish them luck, done well for us and Christie deserve's a crack at the higher level and Moussa has played well enough to give him another go.

Also this is no shock and these will probably not be the last two senior players to get better deals elsewhere.

We knew that months ago. No great surprise. Accepted it, moved on, already thinking of replacements, from inside and outside the current squad. Christie is in no big loss in my opinion. Good player, but i've wanted to see Phillips been given a real chance in the 1st team. Did very well in that short run early in the season, so would love to see him at RB. Moussa is a huge loss but it was inevitable he would go. There are players out there who could fill the void. Petrasso may be back on loan, Marshall can play there if he stays. Theres options out there, we just gotta pick the right one. So both players will be missed, but its not the end of the world. We bag a bargain, we make them into a better player, we sell them on for a profit or let them leave for free. Thats how its always been and thats how it will stay

Hobo

We knew that months ago. No great surprise. Accepted it, moved on, already thinking of replacements, from inside and outside the current squad. Christie is in no big loss in my opinion. Good player, but i've wanted to see Phillips been given a real chance in the 1st team. Did very well in that short run early in the season, so would love to see him at RB. Moussa is a huge loss but it was inevitable he would go. There are players out there who could fill the void. Petrasso may be back on loan, Marshall can play there if he stays. Theres options out there, we just gotta pick the right one. So both players will be missed, but its not the end of the world. We bag a bargain, we make them into a better player, we sell them on for a profit or let them leave for free. Thats how its always been and thats how it will stay

Agree with that.

mrtrench

Christie AND Moussa? This is such a surprise - I never saw it coming.

johnwillomagic

The writing was on the wall with these two for a long time.

Christie can bugger off we should still get something for him at a tribunal level, he is an athlete but no footballer, not sure he will be a hit in Championship let alone higher than that.

Moussa is a huge blow but his all round game was not good on many occasions but like many I forgave him for his moments of magic.

Think if we can hold onto Murphy and Wilson out of our senior players then we will have done well.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair playing at a club with the worst off field problems in the whole FL in front of nobody can't have been too enticing to either player, nor will it be enticing to any prospective signings.

Brighton Sky Blue

The writing was on the wall with these two for a long time.

Christie can bugger off we should still get something for him at a tribunal level, he is an athlete but no footballer, not sure he will be a hit in Championship let alone higher than that.

Moussa is a huge blow but his all round game was not good on many occasions but like many I forgave him for his moments of magic.

Think if we can hold onto Murphy and Wilson out of our senior players then we will have done well.

Murphy especially, phenomenal efforts from him from start to finish this season. Will be interesting to see how Wilson manages next season though.

James Smith

Yep, I tend to agree.

We could do with experienced players to help teach our youngsters, hopefully we'll still have some for next season.

Astute

If we are playing in Northampton next season it looks like we will be able to have a wage bill of about 6k a week. That is unless SISU gift our club money. And how many can see that happening? Experienced players? We won't be able to afford them :mad:

aodea

Moussa is a match winner which is very hard to replace. he scores goals from nothing. You can allow him to be sloppy at times but never got the feeling he wanted to stay. Shame all the same.

keep Murphy and Keep wilson as stated and its something. Also important that we hold on to the majority of the squad after that.

Astute

Moussa is a match winner which is very hard to replace. he scores goals from nothing. You can allow him to be sloppy at times but never got the feeling he wanted to stay. Shame all the same.

keep Murphy and Keep wilson as stated and its something. Also important that we hold on to the majority of the squad after that.

Can we afford to keep Murphy though?

sky blue john

If he'll take a drop in wages, probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

If that's the case good luck to him where ever he ends up.
Yes you have worked hard and had a good season. But if you want to hang around and play at the glorious sixfields you will have to take a cut in wages !!
We need your wages to free up money for more lawyers !!!

torchomatic

Have to agree with that. A classic case of Too Big For Your Boots Syndrome which affects many players at our level. Moussa I'm particularly disappointed with what with all the "declaring himself unfit" nonsense. As for Christie. It'll be Huddersfield, I guess.

and i am not sure Moussa will do much better

torchomatic

torchomatic

duffer

Really?! What a shock. That alone should be a wake up call for Cyrus. If his ex-manager wasn't in charge there would he even be going anywhere at all?

Wish him all the best, but think about it long and hard Cyrus.

Take your point - but a tribunal is going to have to decide on a 'fair valuation' of him.

So if anyone asks, you and I and everyone else here are in total agreement that he's a world-beater, right.

Cough up the ten million, Huddersfield, or we're coming up there to take your stadium away. ;)

S

skybluelordy87

No problem with christie leaving, cant defend good attacking wise but defensively a liability. Aaron phillips is just as good. We will miss moose though his goals have been crucial this season. Good luck to them both in the future. ;)

lewys33

Moussa - yh will be missed, but doesn't always put 100% in.

Christie - Was he even here this season?!

ps1948

done nothing wrong apart from refusing to play for the last few games:thinking about:
For the amazing goals, and his contribution to keeping us up this year, I say thanks, but for the declaring himself "unfit" I say "wanker" - there's not many on here who would begrudge him a move on higher wages to a club with a better chance of doing anything rather than slowly sink like we are, but this whole "I'm not playing, even though you are still paying me" stuff is absolute rubbish.......

Users who are viewing this thread