Pressley been sacked??? (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Shit!!!!! Both Turner and Poole have always been up his arse to be fair. How much longer will this bellend last? Cherry on the top for the weekend!

That's what I don't understand about the telegraph. As a journalism student myself, I can't fathom why they never write a piece questioning his tactics and just stick too dull arse match reports and copying and pasting the clubs press releases.

I'm praying he's gone by the Walsall game on the 29th, so I can remind myself what optimism feels like whilst I'm paying £3.50 for a shit pie on a freezing afternoon in an empty stadium.

Have this awful feeling in the back off my mind that Paul Ince might get the job...

Tonylinc

At this level fern. you don't need to be a football tactician. All that is required is organisation from a big, physical team.....nothing more. We don't seem able to even get that right.

J

Jack Griffin

According to Aidan McCartney of the Coventry Telegraph, there is no press conference in the morning to announce the sacking of Coventry City manager Steven Pressley.

The reporter has tweeted:

"No truth that there is a #skyblues press conference in the morning. Will be a usual Monday in the office. #pusb"

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

At this level fern. you don't need to be a football tactician. All that is required is organisation from a big, physical team.....nothing more. We don't seem able to even get that right.

Everything wrong with the English game is summed up in this statement. Being technically competent, even at this level, is so much more important than being big physical & organised. Just take Plymouth for example, physical organised but offered nothing other than set pieces. We lack quality not 'a big presence in midfield'

Gazolba

This Club will never succeed or thrive if it continues to sack managers and not stick with them through thick & thin.

I'm bored & fed-up with the "revolving door" policy we've adopted over the last 25 years or so, only worked once when Robins came in but he soon jumped ship for more ££££££££££'s and look where he is now?

How about keeping SP but with the proviso that he works with an assistant. Maybe they can find an assistant that has what SP lacks. Then if we ever have to sack SP, we'll have someone in the know to take over.

Gazolba

..... even at this level, is so much more important than being big physical & organised......

Unfortunately that only applies if the technical players get protected by the referees. As we have seen, referees at this level are not technically gifted themselves and tend to give way too much leniency to brawn over brains.

Gazolba

Bye SP. I am really sad for him genuinely as I like him for many reasons but at the end of the day he is losing football matches with no efforts on target and it's happening over and over again. Good time to get sacked and have a month to try and sort it with new players.

It would actually be a terrible time. Unless there is a competent caretaker manager ready to immediately step in, it will take at least a month to install a replacement. All the loanees due to leave in Jan will exit leaving us with an even more threadbare squad. And there is no guarantee that results will improve.

Kingokings204

It would actually be a terrible time. Unless there is a competent caretaker manager ready to immediately step in, it will take at least a month to install a replacement. All the loanees due to leave in Jan will exit leaving us with an even more threadbare squad. And there is no guarantee that results will improve.

Never is guarantee of course but we are losing every game at the moment with no son during these losses it's going to turn. Winning the odd game means nothing.

andyboy81

Dont know what everyone is moaning about.... Sure we're not winning matches but there's a[h=1]"terrific' work ethic"[/h]note the tone

Users who are viewing this thread