Premiereship TV money next season (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Heard on TS today that this season is definately not a season to be relegated from the prem as TV money is rising 71%!!!! The amount of money in that league is just getting silly now...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just can't see this as a good thing. Money has ruined the game as it is. The new amount will be obscene!

Sky_Blue_Vickie

I just can't see this as a good thing. Money has ruined the game as it is. The new amount will be obscene!

I agree. The vast amount of money is ripping the heart out of football. Fans are now consumers rather than supporters. Rather than loving a club because they are yours and supporting them through thick and thin the money has generated a waiting to be entertained syndrome.

Whilst at the top level this can be sustained to a degree - supporters of the top teams are likely to be entertained week in week out - it has had a knock on effect on the lower league teams who need their supporters behind them and supporting them rather than expexting a match like they may see on the tv.

Sad times.

Covstu

I think it will create an even bigger gulf, the richer cvlubs dissappearing out of site where poorer clubs (like us) may die. Eliteist game sadly.

BurbageSkyBlues

Maybe it will inspire sisu?

But I agree with the sentiment, it is ripping the heart out of football, particularly affecting lower leagues.

wingy

And Delliotte reported last week that it will virtually all dissapear into players back pockets ,to think this Gov't gave these overpaid arrogent Chavs an extra 5P. in the pound back.:jerkit::jerkit::mad::(

jimmyhillsfanclub

^^ Exactly...We helped pull the ladder up & screwed the lower leagues over back in 1992.....

...You reap what you sow...

As for money ruining football.....combined with the Taylor Report...it already has.

wingy

Much like Ranson accepting an extra £1M. per season from the top to championship clubs,:mad: at the expense of Leagues 3-4,much to the consternation of their Chairmen ,oh for some foresight ,Turkeys @ christmas and all that.

Tad

Sky is the worst thing to ever hit the sport.

kg82

^^ Exactly...We helped pull the ladder up & screwed the lower leagues over back in 1992.....

...You reap what you sow...

As for money ruining football.....combined with the Taylor Report...it already has.

I'm sorry, what?! What were they meant to do then, say no and voluntarily relegate themselves to a lower league?! Reap what you sow... hasn't exactly happened to the clubs never to have been relegated from the prem. I agree that it's ruining football, but it's a typical anti-our football team just for the sake of it approach.

The biggest thing it will affect is home grown talent... again. Not as if we're producing a team full of World beaters already and extra money will force clubs into even more short term thinking, buying the best from abroad and relegating English/British talent further down the pecking order at their clubs. St Georges park will be awash with tumbleweeds.

jimmyhillsfanclub

...Reap what you sow in as much as the formation & structure of the PL was clearly only ever going to benefit the BIG clubs in the long term....

Surprise, surprise....out of the 20 founder members, only 7 have constantly remained on the gravy train...

Man Utd. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs & Villa.......same as it ever was!!

SO.....Had the chairmen of the 13 smaller clubs that formed the MAJORITY not been blinded by the short-term cash boost....they should've made a stand & demanded more for the lower tiers....but unfortunately, most chose t oeither line their pockets, take a punt at glory, or do both....

...Reap what you sow...

wingy

...Reap what you sow in as much as the formation & structure of the PL was clearly only ever going to benefit the BIG clubs in the long term....

Surprise, surprise....out of the 20 founder members, only 7 have constantly remained on the gravy train...

Man Utd. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs & Villa.......same as it ever was!!

SO.....Had the chairmen of the 13 smaller clubs that formed the MAJORITY not been blinded by the short-term cash boost....they should've made a stand & demanded more for the lower tiers....but unfortunately, most chose t oeither line their pockets, take a punt at glory, or do both....

...Reap what you sow...

You mean like Phil Garsides proposal from Bolton last season to eliminate relegation !!!!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread