Premier League (1 Viewer)

better days

The meeting today decided to approach the authorities to ask to play games at home stadiums in the remaining fixtures
As the German league is doing this it gave those against neutral venues a strong case on paper at least

D

Deleted member 2477

The only problem with Boris stay alert policy is it assumes you have a brain and common sense.
If you listen to the left wing tossers at the BBC you would assume that 95% of people are thick, which of course, may be true.
Couldnt have put it better myself

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I always think with the BBC that when both the left and right are accusing them of being biased the other way they are probably doing a decent job of being neutral.

Always been how I've looked upon my own stance. Those on the right think I'm a rabid leftie (which in many ways I probably am) but those on the left thing I've got some quite right wing thoughts on stuff like crime and punishment and to some extent economically. So for me that probably means I'm centreground with a lean to the left.

BBC it depends on which part you see. In terms of like the comedy output etc it's very left wing. Andrew Neil clearly favours the right but will give people a hard time whatever party. Laura K different matter entirely.

Magwitch

I was looking at the respective fixtures of the bottom group of teams and four of Brighton’s five home games are Arsenal, Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs that alone hardly makes the talked about ppg average home and away system fair,

Mcbean

I always think with the BBC that when both the left and right are accusing them of being biased the other way they are probably doing a decent job of being neutral.
In my opinion they have been told to get aggressive as they have lost out to Skynews - this has meant that the Likes of Kuenssberg are trying to keep their face in the telly just like Anchorman - I have seen a slide in other things like Countryfile that is anti farmer - we should b red supporting any produce from our own country particularly as Brexit is down the road - one of the worst is Jeremy Vine who is also commonly taking the negative view ! I look forward to my license fee being a choice

Colin Steins Smile

Always been how I've looked upon my own stance. Those on the right think I'm a rabid leftie (which in many ways I probably am) but those on the left thing I've got some quite right wing thoughts on stuff like crime and punishment and to some extent economically. So for me that probably means I'm centreground with a lean to the left.

BBC it depends on which part you see. In terms of like the comedy output etc it's very left wing. Andrew Neil clearly favours the right but will give people a hard time whatever party. Laura K different matter entirely.
As for Laura K - I keep hearing from Labour supporters as referring to her as "Tory K" and her husband being a Tory.

shmmeee

In my opinion they have been told to get aggressive as they have lost out to Skynews - this has meant that the Likes of Kuenssberg are trying to keep their face in the telly just like Anchorman - I have seen a slide in other things like Countryfile that is anti farmer - we should b red supporting any produce from our own country particularly as Brexit is down the road - one of the worst is Jeremy Vine who is also commonly taking the negative view ! I look forward to my license fee being a choice

Why do you think their job is to only report news that’s positive for the government?

Mcbean

Why do you think their job is to only report news that’s positive for the government?
No it is there to report the news not continually criticise with rhetorical questions on their own agenda - It’s my opinion that their senior management is under pressure to keep the beeb on tellies by creating non stories - in our household we have give up on the BBC except for Johnny Walker

shmmeee

No it is there to report the news not continually criticise with rhetorical questions on their own agenda - It’s my opinion that their senior management is under pressure to keep the beeb on tellies by creating non stories - in our household we have give up on the BBC except for Johnny Walker

I mean all news is required to pump out shite on the daily to keep the lights on, but since Cameron senior leadership at BBC News and Politics at least has been very pro Tory.

I think the fact is we’ve done badly recently so it looks like it’s all negative news, but then you’ve got people on the left convinced of the opposite conspiracy because the BBC was reporting fluff about Johnson’s kid rather than the death toll.

They have a nightmare job in these days of everyone wanting their own personal news bubble. I for one would rather have a national unbiased media with flaws than none at all personally. I think we’ve eroded too many institutions in recent years that bind people together.

Mcbean

It’s strange as during election time I couldn’t understand why the Beeb continued to carp at the Tories when Corbyn had kept them in business by being intransigent ! Strange old world I definitely think somewhere the mission statement for the beeb news has changed - I think that anyone in Government is in a tough job at the moment - the press focus on the detail but we need them to look at the big picture - can’t wait for the footie to be back I guess like all of us

BackRoomRummermill

You think more people died on the Blitz than in Europe??

And there was lots of criticism of Churchill and more appropriately of Chamberlain which is a better analogy to Johnson.

Regardless, you realise there’s the exact same memes on the left right? That’s my point. The issue is you being unable to recognise your own bias.

Rather than you try to pick holes in and try to look clever on forum that no really gives a fat rats testicle about ,if you are clever or not . You need to look at the context of it .

Frank Sidebottom

If they can't play the remaining games in the Premier League it seems it will be settled in one of the following ways.
So would we prefer Bournemouth or West ham relegated?
Normally I think I'd prefer West Ham to go down, But if Bournemouth go down I think we're more likely to finally get the Wilson sell on money. 4_PremStuff.jpg

shmmeee

Rather than you try to pick holes in and try to look clever on forum that no really gives a fat rats testicle about ,if you are clever or not . You need to look at the context of it .

This post makes literally no sense. Sorry.

You want me to reply to you using a medium other than this forum? And look at the context of a right wing anti BBC meme? When my entire point is it’s you who is losing context as both sides of the political divide are making the same arguments which probably means they’re both the ones who are biased away from the mean, which is where the BBC should logically be?

What?

bawtryneal

The stay alert policy is so when it spikes in England next week he can blame the public for not staying alert ..... not the government

Out of interest do you blame the government for everything. Labour or Conservative.
People should take responsibility for their own actions and decisions and be able to make commonsense decisions without looking to the government every day for direction.

Users who are viewing this thread