Premier league star to sign (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

And you'd be telling us why we shouldn't :)

tbf I'm going to be the voice of doom and suggest this is a bit marquee rather than use to the team. His recent past ain't stunning, and not sure he'll survive being attacked by League One thugs.

So... I won;t say well done SISU/Waggot/Mowbray just yet ;) Might actually bump the profile and make everyone feel positive mind you, so whatever his actual performances it might work out.

aviles

Makes me wonder what Presley did with his budget every one of mowbrays signings have bought something beneficial to the team. Is it time for a statue yet ?

DazzleTommyDazzle

tbf I'm going to be the voice of doom and suggest this is a bit marquee rather than use to the team. His recent past ain't stunning, and not sure he'll survive being attacked by League One thugs.

So... I won;t say well done SISU/Waggot/Mowbray just yet ;) Might actually bump the profile and make everyone feel positive mind you, so whatever his actual performances it might work out.

I think that your final point is right. So good to have a bit of excitement and a feel good factor.

I hope you're wrong about his impact though. If he has half the impact of a Strachan or a Wise, that'll be great. Also we have a pretty young side and his experience could be invaluable.

shmmeee

Team for Rochdale:

RCC
Vincelot Fleck
Eagles Kent Cole Lameiras Murphy
Armstrong Tudgay Fortune

:D

Kingokings204

yes sisu did hire mowbray and he is doing a fine job. Credit all round but the signing is due to mowbray.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Makes me wonder what Presley did with his budget every one of mowbrays signings have bought something beneficial to the team. Is it time for a statue yet ?

Crazy to think the squad Pressley assembled cost more than this one. Pressley really must have pissed his budget up the wall to assemble such a poor squad.

stupot07

Bloke on the radio just said that Joe Cole never really made it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Juggy just said that Mowbray pulls JOB off all of the time.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kingokings204

Crazy to think the squad Pressley assembled cost more than this one. Pressley really must have pissed his budget up the wall to assemble such a poor squad.

My thoughts exactly. Nothing against the bloke personally but he wasn't a good manager and brought in about 7 strikers all rubbish rather than 2 good ones.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Juggy just said that Mowbray pulls JOB off all of the time.......

I've always been under the impression Mowbray isn't a massive fan of JOB. He's the type of player you'd spend 10 minutes giving him specific instructions on how you want him to play and what you want from him and then he'd just get on the pitch and just run all over the place disregarding most of it.

covmark

Those that want to talk about sisu, could you kindly fuck off to another thread.

This one's about Joe Cole

Sky Blue Harry H

Even though he's not playing tomorrow, I think this will put a few extra bums on seats. People talking in the pubs (my phone's been receiving txts every few minutes from mates) will create a buzz. I think this loan could pay for itself through the attendances and will increase the feelgood atmosphere within the ground. Win, win as far as I am concerned.

ccfc92

As long as Villa are paying all his wages, this is a great piece of news.

Couldn't believe it when I saw the tweet :laugh:

J

Jack Griffin

Gutted only 35 days.. then he is off to the States to play with Stevie Gerrard

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/e...-out-by-aston-villa-and-coventry-cant-believe

Oct 16, 2015 17:20:00

The former England international will spend 35 days with the League One club after struggling for game time under Tim Sherwood and the Sky Blues are in disbelief
GOALEXTRA TIME By George Ankers
Do you ever feel like you can barely believe your own luck? Remember when you got two shiny Charizards in your Pokemon booster pack, or when you found that £100 in your jacket pocket?

Or, more likely, the time when you persuaded a 40-year-old Lionel Messi to sign for your Cheltenham Town side on a particularly exciting 'Football Manager' save? Well, this isn't quite Messi - but, as Steven Gerrard famously once said, he could have been very close.

Joe Cole - he of nearly 300 appearances for Chelsea and 10 goals in 56 games for England, including that incredible strike against Sweden in 2006 - has struggled for first-team football at Aston Villa of late, with injuries continuing to affect him, but now has a chance to get back into action after signing a 35-day emergency loan deal with Coventry City.

The Sky Blues, currently fifth in League One, could hardly seem more surprised that such a big name has joined up with them, with their Twitter team fully aware of just how hard to believe the move might be for fans.

Welcome to #CCFC Joe Cole, yes actual Joe Cole. Seriously, Joe Cole. The real Joe Cole. http://t.co/exmbDxIbyu pic.twitter.com/ZVGwqjqrSg
— Coventry City (@Coventry_City) October 16, 2015

Cole has yet to appear in the Premier League for Villa this season but played 13 games in all competitions last term, scoring once. Will he tear up the third tier?

Even making international news
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Joe-cole-prete-un-mois-a-coventry-d2/599425

Last edited by a moderator:

Covstar

I was just casually checking BBC sport at work and when I saw the headline ' Coventry set to sign Villa's Cole', I thought to myself 'oh nice, never heard of any youngsters called Cole but he could be an exciting player as well like the other loanees we've got''. But when I clicked the link and I saw Joe Cole's picture... I had to check the date and check the website I was on to confirm if this really is true... Wow, just wow. What an incredible signing this is.

And why are we able to sign players like this that we thought was just a pipe dream in league 1? It's because of US. Us fans have come in numbers this season and supported the team magnificently Home and Away and because of this we are a team to be reckoned with as there is clearly room to play with the budget since we are averaging more than 11k already and with Mowbray as manager with great reptutation and producing fantastic football, we as a club are finally going in the right direction. Well done Ccfc fans, give yourself a pat on the back.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I was just casually checking BBC sport at work and when I saw the headline ' Coventry set to sign Villa's Cole', I thought to myself 'oh nice, never heard of any youngsters called Cole but he could be an exciting player as well like the other loanees we've got''. But when I clicked the link and I saw Joe Cole's picture... I had to check the date and check the website I was on to confirm if this really is true... Wow, just wow. What an incredible signing this is.

And why are we able to sign players like this that we thought was just a pipe dream in league 1? It's because of US. Us fans have come in numbers this season and supported the team magnificently Home and Away and because of this we are a team to be reckoned with as there is clearly room to play with the budget since we are averaging more than 11k already and with Mowbray as manager with great reptutation and producing fantastic football, we as a club are finally going in the right direction. Well done Ccfc fans, give yourself a pat on the back.
I don't think its because of us

hill83

It is because of us. Joe Cole has a spreadsheet with our attendances on and when the average hit 10,689 he was straight on the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread