Premier league star to sign (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

How did we blag emergency loan? Have I missed injury news too?

Money available, the lad has seen us play a few times, were local, playing exciting football, moneys available, options available, its a win win for all involved.

Extra options keeps everyone fresh and on their toes, better to be fighting for a place in a winning exciting team then be guaranteed a start in a shit one like last season.

TM SBA!!

skybluebeduff

I am lost for words, well done Tony, well done Waggot and dare I say it, well done SISU, this is a major coup for the club. It shows ambition, something we've not had in a long time!

PUSB

hutch1972

Armstrong , kent and joe cole will tear this league too shit. Shame Madders is still injured though.
Mouth watering to say the least.

ajsccfc

I expect at least one person on the CWR phone-in after the game tomorrow to complain that they bought a ticket just to see him play.

ccfclinney

Maybe been done for a few days! Encourages more fans to go tomorrow now though !! Expect bumper crowd
Good signing!!
Pusb

RegTheDonk

Well fook me. And I p*ssed on peoples fireworks 7 years ago saying this wouldn't happen. Apologies to those who I doubted 7 years ago on the CET forum.

My bad...

I doubt anybody would take you to task WM on that! 7 years ago he was a regular face in a decent team.

Sick Boy

Is it possible this could be extended?? Have got to admit that sisu really are making up for their past mistakes.

Chipfat

If the other players are on his wavelength he will be a very good signing for the club, if he likes it and they can extend even better. Even now he is levels above this league on ability alone, and if he has the legs and desire he will add more quality to the attacking side of the squad. Imagine Monday the young lads watching and training with a player like Cole even his knowledge and experience he can pass on will be massive to them, Maddison should listen watch and lap it up.

I would also imagine a few more will be coming through the gate if he performs to half his capablity which could help fund such an extension. Cole is here to see if he still has the desire to perform and still has the legs to allow him to do so, but while he is here enjoy his ability because without doubt he is one of the most gifted player that the country has produced in a long time. Maybe not done what he should of in the game but a really good player to watch and enjoy..

Samo

This will scare the crap out of every other L1 team. :)

skybluebeduff

12119184_565658420257108_2329340043693903014_n.jpg

The youngsters seem happy :)

Kingokings204

Was this the player from the summer?

I'm really excited also. Hope it works out. He shouldn't get in straight away in my opinion. We are a very successful winning team.

Is he fit to go?

hill83

That volley against Sweden when I'd just picked up 4 pints and lost the lot celebrating. He is forgiven.

Samo

That volley against Sweden when I'd just picked up 4 pints and lost the lot celebrating. He is forgiven.

Fuck me it would have to be the winning world cup final goal to separate me from 4 pints!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Even if he is past his best or can't last 90 minutes.

1. This signing puts Coventry back on the map in England, this signing will make people take note in league 1 and above.
2. His experience and what are young players can learn from him is invaluable.
3. Even is he is past his best he should still be able to make a great contribution on league 1 level.

ajsccfc

Even if he spends the 35 days suffering from wild diarrhoea, never plays and then retires from football, the idea that he agreed to join us alone is massively encouraging in itself.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Dunno how we've pulled this off, he must still be on 40k a week at Villa.

Mowbray and Venus are really making this budget stretch for miles, makes a mockery out of last years recruitment strategy. I struggle to believe this squad with Cole and maybe Eagles is costing us less than last years squad, unfathomable.

covmark

My mate just rang to say Joe Cole has just signed for Cov. Thought he was winding me up, so called him a c**t and hung up.
Come on here and it's fucking true, better ring and apologise.

Users who are viewing this thread