Premier League thread (8 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

have they actually got decent value for money though? Must be the football version of diminishing returns, no other team should be able to get anywhere near them, the talent they have everywhere is ridiculous.

Maybe not. Given the money their owners have I imagine every club shoves the price up just that bit. Agents as well will probably ask for more from them in wages.

But at the same time every player of that calibre on their bench is one that isn't playing for their competitors and thus helps them towards winning titles. When they do that they get tv money, sponsorship, merch etc.

cc84cov

1-0 Spurs

I just don’t get Man City no striker playing working it wide to cross to sterling and Mahrez

Evo1883

Game so much better when refs let things slide , game flows so much better .. great atmosphere at what Is a wonderful stadium at spurs

COV

Game so much better when refs let things slide , game flows so much better .. great atmosphere at what Is a wonderful stadium at spurs

different world completely- if I was Pep and I had a squad value pushing a billion quid & then watched them lose, I’d probably just resign before I got sacked. As it is Pep will probably just make a few calls so he can spend another £160m on Kane

fernandopartridge

easily the biggest

Man City are weird, they seem to have shrunk, getting 35k in the third division but now thousands of empty seats for premier league games. Prices maybe, dunno

They never got 35k in the third division, it's a myth. The average gate was 28k (still good but they've never had support at anywhere near United levels)

COV

They never got 35k in the third division, it's a myth. The average gate was 28k (still good but they've never had support at anywhere near United levels)

no that’s true and I know they didn’t average 35k but they pulled in huge gates for some matches when they were in the third tier. But now when they release the ‘actual’ attendances as opposed to tickets sold there are often less than 40k there, never would have believed it- it’s as if they’ve not really built support up the way you’d expect them to have done.

Terry Gibson's perm

Arsenal are further back than before he started and he has wasted plenty of money.

Bugsy

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I am never surprised when Arsenal lose a game no matter who the opposition.
That is a sad indictment on a club of their size and stature.

Funny though.

If they keep this up it won't be long before other clubs start stealing their better players, big name signings will turn them down and promising youngsters will join other academies.

And then they'll start moaning about how unfair the system is when they were one of the main clubs creating that system and recently tried to entrench it further with the ESL.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Funny though.

If they keep this up it won't be long before other clubs start stealing their better players, big name signings will turn them down and promising youngsters will join other academies.

And then they'll start moaning about how unfair the system is when they were one of the main clubs creating that system and recently tried to entrench it further with the ESL.
I think big name signings are already turning them down, which is why they spent £50 million on white

no_loyalty

Harry Kane is staying at Spurs after Levy has refused to do a deal. Man City are now after Ronaldo.

Users who are viewing this thread