Predictions... (1 Viewer)

Briles

This guys worth a follow. We are about 17.30 in. He does his homework, and has talked us up right from last season

Briles

Briles

Could well be wrong , but a dozen or so permanent signings will be better 2nd or 3rd season IMHO .

I spose on the otherside of the coin we haven't had a competitive "squad" since we came up. This season I'm hoping we will. Injuries won't matter

Brylowes

I find it particularly difficult to make any sort of predictions for this season, because I don’t think we’re anywhere close to knowing our our final preferred first 11 and strength & depth of the squad.
The Hamer drama is yet to be resolved as well.
We know the club still intends to bring in new players, MR himself told us so, but we don’t have any idea of the budget he has at his disposal to go and get these players.

Sick Boy

A top 10 finish would be decent with a view towards investing in the squad over the following 2 seasons to go up automatically.

SBT

I’m expecting a slow start just because of the amount of turnover with transfers, a likely change in system after Gyokeres leaving, and the squad being painfully thin less than two weeks out. Factor in several injuries in the squad already and various problems with match fitness - why is Robins saying Ellis Simms hasn’t trained enough? - then we’re not exactly set up to hit the ground running.

BUT - we have the quality in the squad, and the quality manager to be competitive this season. I think the magic of last season will be hard to repeat, when you had two players hitting peak performance (i.e. best-in-the-league good) at various extended times throughout the year, but we have enough about us to win any game this year. Been a while since we could say that.

Martin180

I've backed us to go up automatically. We've strengthened in a lot of areas , the age of the squad is good and Simms is already in the goals . We still need depth but it looks like a few academy players are improving enough to figure .
If you look at the league only Leicester , I think, are going to potentially run away with it . The other relegated sides were dreadful last season and have lost or will lose their biggest assets .
Of the rest , Ipswich could go well , Boro also but I really fancy our chances again this season

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Slow start but everything to kick into gear by Christmas / New years and a top 2 push to derail a little bit in April but form start to pick up a little bit more at the end of the season to finish 4th and win the play off final against Sunderland

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s hard to place us when we are apparently still 9 signings away from a full squad, but I think with this much overhaul it’s likely to be a season of consolidation with next season being the one where we push on.

Flying Fokker

Could well be wrong , but a dozen or so permanent signings will be better 2nd or 3rd season IMHO .
When city had Seasons with transfer embargos we didn’t show any sign of improving season on season. Terrible times. I haven’t got a clue what will happen, however, if our management team performs to ’norm’, then I‘m optimistic we will improve or at least sustain a play-off place. I’m also hoping WBA,Norwich, Stoke,Blackburn and Middlesbrough are on the wain.

Users who are viewing this thread