Predictions for Monday (1 Viewer)

rd45

I'm saying 442 with Burge / Stokes, Reda, Sam, Phillips / JOB, Fleck, Vincelot, Ruben / Tudgay & Armstrong

JOB & Ruben switching on the wings. Swanson on the bench to cover for either of them. Fleck up the middle in front of Vincelot. Tudgay as a 10.

An occasionally nerve wracking but ultimately confidence boosting 2-0 against scrappy opponents. In front of 12.5k, no more than 300 of them. We'll go second and all will be right with the world.

Corrections most welcome. :)

ms639

i don't think he'll change the formation, back on the ricoh pitch i think it's effective my prediction would be

Burge/ phillips, reda, ricketts, stokes/vincelot, fleck, JOB, Lameiras, Murphy/ Armstrong.

I think 2-0 win, Southend should be put to the sword at home

Sky Blue Harry H

I think the crowd's going to be really important for that game. If we are positive and supportive I think we'll drag the over the line to 3 points. Hopefully the anxiety over our injuries doesn't transmit into the overall atmosphere and create a downbeat mood. A new signing plus lots of lager may be required !!!
A win, plus a big following at Burton for the next Sunday and all will be well (for a while!) Oh yes, 2-1 City (just to play on our nerves!)

Otis

I think the crowd's going to be really important for that game. If we are positive and supportive I think we'll drag the over the line to 3 points. Hopefully the anxiety over our injuries doesn't transmit into the overall atmosphere and create a downbeat mood. A new signing plus lots of lager may be required !!!
A win, plus a big following at Burton for the next Sunday and all will be well (for a while!) Oh yes, 2-1 City (just to play on our nerves!)

Well that's the worry, that the injuries on top of the defeat and us not playing well in the Walsall game might have our confidence dented a tad.

This is where TM comes in and ensures they are well motivated and really up for it.

chiefdave

After losing at the weekend a win is needed, don't want to get into a run of losses. Now with two players out for several months a win is even more important. Lose and the doom and gloomers will go into overdrive, that negativity can transfer to the players.

Think it will be a good day, 2-0 to us and everyone will be relieved that the wheels aren't coming off.

Specs WT-R75

I'm saying 4-2-3-1 with Burge / Stokes, Reda, Martin, Ricketts / Fleck, Vincelot / JOB, Ruben, Murphy / Armstrong

Stick with plan A for now. Ricketts to RB initially. We then have the option of Phillips or Haynes as attacking subs. The rest of the team is pretty attacking so not overly concerned about attacking wingbacks from the off!

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm saying 4-2-3-1 with Burge / Stokes, Reda, Martin, Ricketts / Fleck, Vincelot / JOB, Ruben, Murphy / Armstrong

Stick with plan A for now. Ricketts to RB initially. We then have the option of Phillips or Haynes as attacking subs. The rest of the team is pretty attacking so not overly concerned about attacking wingbacks from the off!

Ricketts - not a right back, surely? Think I'd go for Phillips and leave Martin on the bench - unless they've got a lanky left winger who can't run!

Johhny Blue

After losing at the weekend a win is needed, don't want to get into a run of losses. Now with two players out for several months a win is even more important. Lose and the doom and gloomers will go into overdrive, that negativity can transfer to the players.http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=957737

Think it will be a good day, 2-0 to us and everyone will be relieved that the wheels aren't coming off.

The Wheels aren't coming off. The Bandwagon has a flat tire, but we'll repair it and it will be ALL ABOARD again.

LB87ccfc

Much more of the same formation with Murphy in for JM and Phillips in for JW.

Burge

Phillips Ricketts Reda Stokes
Vincolet Fleck
OBrien Lameries ( in his natural role as number 10) Murphy
Armstrong

2.1 City Armstrong first

Subs

Cook
Martin
Morris
Swanson
Tudgay

skybluetony176

3-1 City.

Thank god the weather forecast is junk. The Mrs had come up with the bright idea of going to the seaside on Monday but that's off the cards now.

Hobo

Someone wants Martin to play? Did you not see that trumpet play last season

Has had improved performances under Mowbray away at Crawley and pre season friendlies and away at Rochdale in cup

fernandopartridge

It will be difficult as I imagine they'll sit deep. Hopeful for a win and a quirk of luck with work / fixture rearrangement means I can see my first Monday night match at the Ricoh since 27k turned up to see Birmingham beat us in 2006.

Hobo

It will be difficult as I imagine they'll sit deep. Hopeful for a win and a quirk of luck with work / fixture rearrangement means I can see my first Monday night match at the Ricoh since 27k turned up to see Birmingham beat us in 2006.

That is a scenario we will have to learn to deal with at home I think. We need to learn how to draw teams out so we can get behind them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd like to see Swanson given a run out for this match, with Maddison injury this is his chance to make a claim for the first team.

no_loyalty

City will show great bouncebackability and defeat the Shrimpers 5-1

pusbccfc

Some big crowds being suggested.

Surely a maximum of 10k? I was thinking as low as 8500.

stupot07

I'd like to see Swanson given a run out for this match, with Maddison injury this is his chance to make a claim for the first team.

I don't think he will, he hasn't made a matchday squad yet this season has he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

2-1 win, crowd c10k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluesam66

Biggest match of the season so far by a mile

Win - and we will be top 2, still full of confidence, and I would anticipate us being to stay in the top 6 until Maddison returns
Lose, and confidence will drain - and it will be another long season

Really will be the turning point one way or other

Users who are viewing this thread