Prediction League (Maybe Bad News) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Since we have been relegated there is no option for League One in the prediction league. :(

I am trying my best to get hold of the developer to see if they can get League One added with a bribe but had no answer as yet.

If not, how would people want to do it? We could have the Premier League but it isn't as fun when it doesn't involve our team.

I also thought it might be fun to have some random league like Serie A or La Liga? We can have more than one.

LastGarrison

I'd take the Premier League over the foreign ones all day long but will do whatever everyone else thinks.

I'd like premier league. It wouldn't be so much fun if it's not a league that your familiar with as predictions would be a pure guess, instead of an educated guess.

Nick

Administrator
We could have more than one. Maybe the Premier League and then a random one for a laugh.

Sub

nick are there any fan pages of any of the other teams in our division that have a prediction league we could use ?

CTID

Id prefer premier league mate, im not familiar with any other leagues really

Nick

Administrator
nick are there any fan pages of any of the other teams in our division that have a prediction league we could use ?

Nope :( It all comes from an external source that gets the results / fixtures and unless they add League One on their server we can't get it added.

TheHellion

I'd say Premier League for sure, as it's the other League that most people on here will know the most about and should provide for a good, close competition. If you're going to do one from overseas as well, personally I'd pick La Liga.

smileycov

Facebook User
Premier league for me, how about as second one the SPL? i prefer not to do Cov results anyhow.....i always jinxed em lol.

Nick

Administrator
I think it has SPL on there :) So I guess Premier League then can do a vote between the others?

doodlebug

You could set up your own dedicated predicction league, on a sub domain. I have the program to do it, and it could be sky blue themed? If its something to be explored, I am happy to create a site to Hague people's opinions?

Nick

Administrator
You could set up your own dedicated predicction league, on a sub domain. I have the program to do it, and it could be sky blue themed? If its something to be explored, I am happy to create a site to Hague people's opinions?

What software is it using? It wouldn't integrate with the forum though would it?

doodlebug

Unfortunately its not fully forum integratable. I had it set up a few years ago on a forum which just displayed the table. It was on a subdomain so easily accessible, not ideal I know. My old site is still around, just not updated for ages. I will pm you the URL so you can take a look if you want? ( but remember a lot of the links are old and need updating)

Nick

Administrator

I have seen software that will do it but it just made it better with it being linked into the forum with people's usernames etc :(

LastGarrison

Yeah agree with Dutchie don't think I could be arsed with two and if there is a Prem one and one I know next to nothing about I would probably only end up doing the Prem one anyway.

Disorganised1

I also thin k1 is enough - and if we can't get league 1 then I'd go Prem - at least we'll know who's injured. In Italy you need to know where the natch-fixiers are.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Premier league for me, how about as second one the SPL? i prefer not to do Cov results anyhow.....i always jinxed em lol.

So YOU'RE the reason we were relegated!!! :mad: :mad: And all season long, I thought it was Andy Thorn's selection choice! :thinking about:

Disorganised1

Any news Nick ?

Nick

Administrator
The Prem and Championship is there but no news on League 1 yet. Nobody has got back to me :(

Nick

Administrator
I offered him a bung of 100 quid to add league one and he agreed! Expect it to be added in the next couple of days :)

CTID

Nice work mate! Maybe you can setup a donation thing to get some of that £100 back. How many of us joined in last year? If we all donated 50p or a quid youd get that back

LastGarrison

As CTID says make it a quid entry or whatever and re-coup your money. Can't expect you to pay it out your own pocket.

Otherwise let me know an away game you're attending and I'll buy you a pint.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think by law I could charge entry as it is classed as gambling :(

I was thinking if I just put a banner to my website on there people would use it to do their online shopping and I can recoup the money that way :)

Users who are viewing this thread