Prediction League 2012 / 2013 Thread (1 Viewer)

cornoccfc

Forgot to predict :facepalm:

Disorganised1

I did terrible - but went up 5 places ! :eek:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anybody who did well hats off to you..some dodgy results today

My best 3 pointer was Scunny v Sheff Utd. Somehow felt that Scunny wouldn't want another loss and would go all out for a win at home. Then thought, maybe only a low score draw against SU. Bang on! 1 - 1! :D

Houchens Head

Think I'll just keep putting City down for a loss! At least I'll get some points off them!! :D

TheHellion

Think I'll just keep putting City down for a loss! At least I'll get some points off them!! :D

But if you did that, they'd probably start winning games!

bishbosh

You know when you're a City fan when...

You put them down to lose in prediction league competitions (No, I am not proud just realistic).

Disorganised1

What a disasterous weekend !

Astute

Got my first points for a City game today. Glad I never gave up on having us for a win each game :D

Houchens Head

(see post #45): See what I mean!! As I said, method in my madness! I had us down for a loss today! ;)
It was worth losing 3 prediction points if it meant getting 3 league points!!

hill83

I've given up entirely on this, mainly because I forgot about it completely.

Astute

Can someone please post a link to the prediction league? I am on my mobile and want to see how I did.

All the best.

Go to off topic chat. Then click on prediction league in big letters. On my phone I then can access all the details.

One thing I noticed....a few people near the top of the leaderboard have hardly any (and in one case zero) points in the 1 point category. This would mean that every time they got a result right it has always been exactly right or by the right margin. I fail to believe that this is the case.....are some people just predicting draws for all the games so the lowest points they can get is the 2 point category?

One thing I noticed....a few people near the top of the leaderboard have hardly any (and in one case zero) points in the 1 point category. This would mean that every time they got a result right it has always been exactly right or by the right margin. I fail to believe that this is the case.....are some people just predicting draws for all the games so the lowest points they can get is the 2 point category?

I'm predicting what scores I think will come up. You carry on predicting the scores that you think will come up.

Questioning peoples scores reeks of sour grapes.

I'm predicting what scores I think will come up. You carry on predicting the scores that you think will come up.

Questioning peoples scores reeks of sour grapes.

Now now Richard. It was a question of genuine curiosity rather than a futile attempt to expose the unethical approach of some predictions. Albeit, I think by showing some aggression, concealment and lack of subtlety, you have inadvertently confirmed my theory. ;)

Now now Richard. It was a question of genuine curiosity rather than a futile attempt to expose the unethical approach of some predictions. Albeit, I think by showing some aggression, concealment and lack of subtlety, you have inadvertently confirmed my theory. ;)

My dear Daniel

I have an honest and open approach. I predict the scores that I believe will come up. I am happy to tell you how I do it.

I predict my scores each week based on my opinion of what results will come up. So far I have predicted mostly draws, and few wins either way as you will see by my 1 point scores. It would seem by my postioning on the leaderboard that I have been quite accurate with my predictions.

I wish, wish, wish I had access to the predictor after the results as our dear friend Dutchy seems to have.

If you want any tips then i'd be happy to share my wisdom. :p

My dear Daniel

I have an honest and open approach. I predict the scores that I believe will come up. I am happy to tell you how I do it.

I predict my scores each week based on my opinion of what results will come up. So far I have predicted mostly draws, and few wins either way as you will see by my 1 point scores. It would seem by my postioning on the leaderboard that I have been quite accurate with my predictions.

I wish, wish, wish I had access to the predictor after the results as our dear friend Dutchy seems to have.

If you want any tips then i'd be happy to share my wisdom. :p

Many thanks for the swift reply. I would like to reiterate my stance on this whole topic as I feel I may have unfortunately presented myself in a rather 'rulebook' manner. My original premise was simply to gauge how the low solitary point scores were justified, when all probability and logic would suggest they would be higher at this stage. It wasn't my intention to infer any misdemeanors were taking place, and furthermore I would care very little if indeed this was the case. I believe that the seriousness in which a user participates in this game is inversely proportional to their level of normality. Now it's Friday and I'm off for beers, which I consider a fairly normal thing to do. By using my ruling you will therefore be able to work out my level of interest in this matter :)

Astute

All methods work then. I predict as I see. 2 weeks ago I got 6 results right. 5 were 1 point. 1 was 3 points. 8 points for 6 correct results :D

Last edited:

Astute

Just had a look. 21 single points and a bit off the pace in 4th. Have been top or near the top all season. Need to change my system ;)

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Think that's my best total ever. Thought this was going to be a bad year after the start I had as well. Think that's put me right up into 4th, not far behind the leaders too. :)

i am 2nd now according to the total rankings!!! BOOM!!!

You're 6th in the Season rankings. 2nd this month, well done on the 19 points this weekend. Will you be a 1 hit wonder or should us at the top keep an eye over our shoulders in the coming weeks?

Covstu

It has taken a while to k ow who is who in the league, first couple of weeks were appalling scores but hitting the mark now. I will be up there!

Users who are viewing this thread