Predicting Match events (1 Viewer)

Have you ever predicted any upcoming events in the match that you've been watching.

At the weekend when Ipswich got the penalty I turned to my mate and said

"Murphy will save this and they'll score the rebound".

Have you lot got any predictions that happened as you described?

Nick

Administrator
Yep, every time we are winnig i say we will lose! I really need bet in play!

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, what I said on the other thread:

When I turned to my mate and matter of factly said "I'll go after this corner, just after Burnley get the winner..(GOAL!)..OK, see you next week!" & Saturdays "sod this, it's freezing, I'm off..we aren't gonna score, I'll only miss the Ipswich winner.."(which I did by 30 seconds!).
QUOTE]

There have been 2 or 3 other "they're going to score here" moments, and another where I said on 92 minutes "I'm off, I can't bear to see us go behind in injury time again" (which we did!).

hughescov

Having not won a game since October, I put my one and only bet on Cov this season on them beating Bristol on boxing day.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have you ever predicted any upcoming events in the match that you've been watching.

At the weekend when Ipswich got the penalty I turned to my mate and said

"Murphy will save this and they'll score the rebound".

Have you lot got any predictions that happened as you described?

One of Kevin Kyle's last games at the Ricoh, home to Burnley. The game's level, and the Kyler's on a booking. Burnley get the ball half way inside our half, and KK comes chasing back towards the guy with the ball-we're all saying 'don't do it, don't do it...', with one guy behind doing a donkey impression; and what does Kyle do? Dives in with 2 feet, studs up, from behind, right through the Burnley man's legs-got a straight red card, and leaves the pitch to a chorus of boos. Pillock-but we all saw it coming :p

rob9872

Complete opposite for me who got it woefully wrong thank god. Guess I'm just a typical moaning football fan, but having scored a perfectly good goal to be brought back for a penalty, I found myself mumbling "Huh, why didn't he play the advantage? I bet we miss the f***ing penalty" :(

Nonleagueherewecome

One of Kevin Kyle's last games at the Ricoh, home to Burnley. The game's level, and the Kyler's on a booking. Burnley get the ball half way inside our half, and KK comes chasing back towards the guy with the ball-we're all saying 'don't do it, don't do it...', with one guy behind doing a donkey impression; and what does Kyle do? Dives in with 2 feet, studs up, from behind, right through the Burnley man's legs-got a straight red card, and leaves the pitch to a chorus of boos. Pillock-but we all saw it coming :p

A classic moment..

It reminds me of one last season: when King went flying in with studs showing, I instantly said "straight red, he's off, that was filthy"-only for everyone around me to be gobsmacked when that's exactly what happened, and start going mental at the ref. I wonder if many who thought it was a bad decision would admit that it was correct now? I think we booed Darren O'Dea this season, so probably not..

And now a future prediction: Deegan to get a red before the season is over!

SkyBlue_Bear83

A classic moment..

It reminds me of one last season: when King went flying in with studs showing, I instantly said "straight red, he's off, that was filthy"-only for everyone around me to be gobsmacked when that's exactly what happened, and start going mental at the ref. I wonder if many who thought it was a bad decision would admit that it was correct now? I think we booed Darren O'Dea this season, so probably not..

And now a future prediction: Deegan to get a red before the season is over!
tbf I shout and go mental at the ref even when I know he has made the correct decision :D

It just seems the natural thing to do.

We had Birmingham in the FA CUP a year or 2 ago , Bentley had the ball and ran at us and scored good goal that hit underside of cross bar , when he picked the ball up in midfield or wherever it was I was going mad saying "close him down he'll score" ,

i'll never forget saying it and seeing the ball go in off that crossbar , sat right behind it.

SkyBlueMania

I was in France staying with family during the last world cup and before the Germany v Spain game I was reading the pre-match build up and got a ridiculous urge to bet on Puyol to score. My pals I was there with thought I was mental as they reminded me of Puyol's less than impressive scoring tally. I think my exact words were 'I can just see him popping up and BOOMING in a header!'. So I went on to Betfair to check the odds to discover him to be something around 20/1 to score anytime. Went to deposit funds only to be reminded that you can't deposit in foreign countries....was slightly miffed but wasn't much I could do.

A few hours later I nearly cried when he did indeed pop up and fire a header in to the German net :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

tbf I shout and go mental at the ref even when I know he has made the correct decision :D

It just seems the natural thing to do.

But louder when they get it wrong ;)

TBH King was filthy during his earlier games for us: he kept going in late, possibly partly the lack of fitness, maybe he'd over-adjusted to Prison Footy, but I was told he was just as nasty in training and injured several of his team-mates. The bloke was a red-card waiting to happen for ages, but it maybe felt like, having embraced him and accepted him and his past, most fans could see no wrong in anything he did.

Ooh, Fabio has quit! :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

SkyBluePryce

Burnley at home, the final corner 'i bet they score' (or words to that extent) seconds later charlie Austin scores.
Ipswich game, i said as me and my mate were walking down from our seats, 'they'll score from this' (the corner) only for a few seconds later chopra heads the ball in from a cross.
It seems that my youthful optimsm, that i once had, has now well and truely gone! thanks to our beloved CCFC

wingy

I can usually predict that i have to que for the toilets at halftime after a couple of pints of the blackstuff prior to kick off,strangely enough like Rich i think ,also predicted Murphy to save the pen with them scoring from the rebound.

I can usually predict that i have to que for the toilets at halftime after a couple of pints of the blackstuff prior to kick off,strangely enough like Rich i think ,also predicted Murphy to save the pen with them scoring from the rebound.

I thought it's just typical of the city at the moment. We play reasonably well but we just can't keep them from scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread