Predict The Attendance For Sunday (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

Predict the attendance for the game at Six Fields on Sunday.

I reckon 950.

Also do you think the crowd over the season will actually go up or down?

skybluericoh

1100 and it will go down as the season goes on. Wait until a wet midweek came in the JPT there will be about 200 if that.

bigfatronssba

Around 1k. 500 from Bristol 500 from Cov.

Nonleagueherewecome

1,048, mostly Bristol C.

Davs

Depends on how we do over the season, but I reckon 600 "home" supporters on Sunday and that will drop away as the losses mount up and relegation becomes a reality. If we confound my expectations and actually do well I still think we will struggle to muster more than 750 "home" fans

Nonleagueherewecome

James Smith

I'm sure they'll get a little creative with the numbers if they think they can get away with it.
Didn't a club get into serious hot water for fiddling the numbers a while ago? Think someone lowered their attendance to make money owed through gate numbers less than it should have been.

J

Jack Griffin

20K at the Ricoh and 999 at Sixfields (mostly tickets given away to local students).

theferret

Didn't a club get into serious hot water for fiddling the numbers a while ago? Think someone lowered their attendance to make money owed through gate numbers less than it should have been.

There is a long history of gate fiddling in football, it was rife in the 80s, but I don't think it happens now. If anything, we have always overstated our attendances in recent years by counting ST holders even if they don't turn up. Most notably last season against Oldham after all that snow where the gate given was over 10K when I doubt there were more than 7K there.

James Smith

There is a long history of gate fiddling in football, it was rife in the 80s, but I don't think it happens now. If anything, we have always overstated our attendances in recent years by counting ST holders even if they don't turn up. Most notably last season against Oldham after all that snow where the gate given was over 10K when I doubt there were more than 7K there.

I think understating it is the problem not overstating it, as policing and payments to FA/FL etc. are the issue. Happy to be corrected on this though. Having said that I can't see Young Timothy understating it :)

Last edited:

theferret

I think understating it is the problem not overstating it, as policing and payments to FA/FL etc. are the issue. Happy to be corrected on this though. Having said that I can't see Young Timothy understating it :)

I know that's what you meant, but don't think it happens much anymore with computerised ticketing systems and the fact most people pay in advance. Might happen a bit in lower leagues where there are still cash turnstiles, but the taxman has long been wise to it.

Paxman II

I think there will be a few from Northampton watching a game too. Expect the City lot to be same as an away game with a handful more and the usual away team support. Overall about 2000.

bigfatronssba

Just looked on the online ticket thing, around 580 seats showing as sold, however about 150 of these are in one large block which are probably corporate freebies.

Don't think it will threaten the Ricoh ground.

J

Jack Griffin

Just looked on the online ticket thing, around 580 seats showing as sold, however about 150 of these are in one large block which are probably corporate freebies.

Don't think it will threaten the Ricoh ground.

Think a lot are reserved for JSB, though I think the JSB membership has shrunk to practically nothing.

Sky Blue Harry H

I reckon there will be just under 2,000, with Brizzle having about 900, 700 Cov and a few curious locals. I'm going to the Ricoh (where I hope there will be a lot more)

simple_simon

I bet Fsher will start giving tickets away to boost numbers at Northampton now?
He needs numbers and its only the weak or the curious locals who will go.
Can imagine the ticket people walking around on Saturday trying to entice Cobbler fans to come back on Sunday to watch another game.

Monners

The locals won't show any interest in this - most people in Northampton support the "big clubs" so will watch the Charity Shield down the pub. Cobblers have a smallish but loyal support, and these folk want no part of this fiasco. By the way I live in the town and know of only one Cov fan who is going to the game (my mates stepson). It's all been explained to him, but I don't think he gets it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread