Video Pre-Season Tour | Goalkeeper Training (1 Viewer)

larry_david

From a video that shows very little of any one keeper? That's just reaching surely.
Yes, from a 5 minute video showing all the keepers doing the same routine, Wilson looks the best of said goalkeepers doing said routines in said 5 min video. Not sure why...this...is an issue...?

AOM

Bilson looks huge. For those more familiar with the u23's, is he likely to push for the first team anytime soon?

pipkin73

Bilson looks huge. For those more familiar with the u23's, is he likely to push for the first team anytime soon?
Think i read he is 6'8" (might have imagined that), with that size he can have a slightly less skill ability as his size will help him so much collecting crosses, reaching shots etc. Signed a new contract till 2023 so they must think he has something.

Reactions: AOM

Frostie

Think i read he is 6'8" (might have imagined that), with that size he can have a slightly less skill ability as his size will help him so much collecting crosses, reaching shots etc. Signed a new contract till 2023 so they must think he has something.

The exceptionally tall one is Cian Tyler but he is indeed 6'8". He's only 19 though & some way off at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised to see us fix him up another non-league loan move.

Billson is about 6'4" & has really excelled with the U23s &, as you rightly say, earned a new deal in the process.
Very good shotstopper, needs some work on his distribution but he was kept at the club rather than loaned out to get a handle on how we want to play out from the back etc. Wonder if that will change this year & we'll push him to get more first team experience instead.

larry_david

The exceptionally tall one is Cian Tyler but he is indeed 6'8". He's only 19 though & some way off at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised to see us fix him up another non-league loan move.

Billson is about 6'4" & has really excelled with the U23s &, as you rightly say, earned a new deal in the process.
Very good shotstopper, needs some work on his distribution but he was kept at the club rather than loaned out to get a handle on how we want to play out from the back etc. Wonder if that will change this year & we'll push him to get more first team experience instead.
Wonder what level loan Bilson could get

shmmeee

I’m guessing we’ve given up playing out from the back considering we let Marosi go and brought in Moore and aren’t looking like signing a ball playing CB.

Frostie

I’m guessing we’ve given up playing out from the back considering we let Marosi go and brought in Moore and aren’t looking like signing a ball playing CB.

I don't think we'll give up on it completely. Rose & McFadz are usually both decent in possession plus it's almost certain we'll take another CB & I'm sure we'll look for one who is comfortable on the ball if at all possible (gutted we didn't go for Rob Atkinson tbh). Sheaf & Hamer always give options to play out more than Kelly for example too, but I agree we're certainly likely to be a bit more pragmatic with it. Either way it's an invaluable skill for a young keeper to have, styles & systems evolve.

Legia Sky Blue

Drysdale is also comfortable playing out from the back, as is Eccles if we look to use him there too. I think the lesson MR would have picked up from last season is to pick and choose your games to play that way and he will look to vary our style, but basically don't play out from the back against teams with technically superior players or who adopt a very high press, or when the pitch becomes bobbly like St Andrews did at the end of last season.

Users who are viewing this thread