Pre season has begun! (3 Viewers)

Greggs

So are we no officially allowed to panic? The longer we go without signings, the more excuses Robins will have that the new players arent fit. Season starts in October I guess?

slowpoke

So are we no officially allowed to panic? The longer we go without signings, the more excuses Robins will have that the new players arent fit. Season starts in October I guess?
Who says there have been no signings

Garlana86

So players who we expect to play pre season based on the photos:

Wilson (Moore)

Fadz
Bidwell
Da Silva...
Burroughs

Kelly
Sheaf
Palmer
Eccles
Allen
Howley
Rus

Godden

Assuming COH still not ready to play.

Who am I missing?

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Wilson (Moore)

Fadz
Bidwell
Da Silva...

Kelly
Sheaf
Palmer
Eccles
Howley?

Godden

Who am I missing?

Not on attack on you at all, but keep seeing stuff about O’Hare might feature in preseason or “it might come just too soon”. I think a lot of peoples expectations are way too high. It’s gonna be October/November before we see him at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garlana86

Not on attack on you at all, but keep seeing stuff about O’Hare might feature in preseason or “it might come just too soon”. I think a lot of peoples expectations are way too high. It’s gonna be October/November before we see him at best

Yeh I've seen mixed comments, I've made the assumption he won't be around. After such a lay off I wouldn't expect much from his return anyway.

Hertsccfc

Likewise not criticising anyone, and hoping I am wrong but I doubt we'll see much of him in the first team before January at the earliest. With such a high quality player I hope we take it cautiously and think of the long term rather than rushing him back too soon. People forget it was Boxing day that he did it and it normally takes a year to return after an ACL.

CDK

With COH don't think he will be taken any risks with we have Kasey for his position.

fatso

I know it's early days, and the Vik money will come in, and allow us to do some much needed dealing,
but my concern is that yet again we will start the season unprepared, with loans coming in at the last minute and signings not having the time to settle in and build an understanding with their team mates.

Hopefully other teams will be in the same situation and it won't cost us too many points.

Greggs

I know it's early days, and the Vik money will come in, and allow us to do some much needed dealing,
but my concern is that yet again we will start the season unprepared, with loans coming in at the last minute and signings not having the time to settle in and build an understanding with their team mates.

Hopefully other teams will be in the same situation and it won't cost us too many points.
We've known about this squad rebuild for 12 months, yet we're starting pre season with 10 players. Something isn't right.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wilson (Moore)

Fadz
Bidwell
Da Silva...
Burroughs

Kelly
Sheaf
Palmer
Eccles
Howley
Rus

Godden

Who am I missing?
Jamie Allen baby !

Hertsccfc

With COH don't think he will be taken any risks with we have Kasey for his position.
Palmer is a really good player but there is no denying that he is often not fit. We need another high quality attacking midfielder, and given O'Hare's ultimate return a loan could be useful if the right quality player becomes available.

slowpoke

I’m expecting good things re. Palmer don’t think he was ever 100% fit since he signed, he looked okay in the play-off final but was blowing out of his arse after twenty minutes get him fully fit & with better players around him we could have a real good player there.

CDK

Palmer fitness last season suspect with a full preseason under Vivash think he will be fitter quicker as could be a unbelievable talent alongside Hamer.

Users who are viewing this thread