Pre match Rituals and Superstitions (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Heaven

With Saturday’s game being absolutely massive, I need to reduce my stress levels!!! So ladies and gents, do you have any pre match rituals or superstitions to help calm the nerves? PUSB

Skybluecol

We make sure we're the last to leave the cherrytree lounge....250pm latest....still don't miss kick off 🤷‍♂️

Perryccfc

I wear the same Jeans and trainers to every match. I always walk to the right when we arrive around the bowl (long way round), and then when we come out we go left. I always make sure we go in via Turnstile 23. We have a 3 hour journey to Cov so we always have the same playlist on. I can NEVER wear a Cov shirt on match day - we always lose when I wear them.

I’ve never revealed this to anyone. Think I must be nuts.

skyblu3sk

I wear the 2 tone kit, when we need a result - never lets me down - but keep it for special occasions
may save it for middlesbrough if required, if not will save for the play offs
I don't have that one but generally at the start of the season I slip my new shirt on. Watch the game, we lose and it stays in my top draw from then on...

hill83

I wear the 2 tone kit, when we need a result - never lets me down - but keep it for special occasions
may save it for middlesbrough if required, if not will save for the play offs

Exactly the same for me. The original one though not the knockoff from 2 years ago.

Edit: Full kit including boots a shin pads.

oakey

I have to wear sky blue socks.
I will be in Florida on Saturday and will have to remember to pack some and wear them next to the pool at 10am. PUSB

Blind-Faith

I have my lucky washed out red pants which have served me well this season, in any other case they’d of been binned along time ago but we always get a result when I’m wearing them. So they’ve got another month of use to be had yet

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Notoriously jinxed when gambling - long story involving England Cricket team and first goal scorers in cov games.

I now bet on Coventry relegation and the opposition. And when I win one I don’t usually win 2 bets in a row.

I had money on Reading scoring the 2nd goal Saturday… naturally as that won - all £13.75 winnings are on Birmingham or the draw

baldy

Exactly the same for me. The original one though not the knockoff from 2 years ago.

Edit: Full kit including boots a shin pads.

I'm torn between wearing the away Ajax one from the golden Reid era,(shudder),or this seasons lovely purple effort

skybluelee

I have to touch my brick on the Ernie Hunt wall and always wear a retro shirt (and nothing counts as retro unless its at least 25 years old in my eyes).

Boosh

Notoriously jinxed when gambling - long story involving England Cricket team and first goal scorers in cov games.

I now bet on Coventry relegation and the opposition. And when I win one I don’t usually win 2 bets in a row.

I had money on Reading scoring the 2nd goal Saturday… naturally as that won - all £13.75 winnings are on Birmingham or the draw

I bet against City and Munster and bet on Arsenal to win in a treble every week

Sky Blue Heaven

So for the last 5 games (home & Boro away x2) I’ve been wearing the exact same clobber right down to my socks; and yes they’ve all been washed every time! 😉 Trouble is, I wanted to wear this years shirt instead of the one we had for our last trip to Wembley. What would you do? PUSB

Sky Blue Pete

So for the last 5 games (home & Boro away x2) I’ve been wearing the exact same clobber right down to my socks; and yes they’ve all been washed every time! 😉 Trouble is, I wanted to wear this years shirt instead of the one we had for our last trip to Wembley. What would you do? PUSB
Kit you wore wtaf you don’t mess with this kind of thing

Blind-Faith

I’ve done exactly the same myself, same undies and socks aswell , DO NOT change anything 👍

rob9872

I wore the exact same to the second Boro away game as I did to the first, so did my daughter, had the same bet and a burger from the same stall - we even halved a chewing gum as we did that the week before too. That was black and white shirt and jacket with shorts on, but Saturday it has to be Sky Blue imo so if we lose you can blame me.

Covkid1968#

I wore the exact same to the second Boro away game as I did to the first, so did my daughter, had the same bet and a burger from the same stall - we even halved a chewing gum as we did that the week before too. That was black and white shirt and jacket with shorts on, but Saturday it has to be Sky Blue imo so if we lose you can blame me.
I’ve worn the same clothes last 4 games…. I really don’t want to wear them Saturday but feel duty bound. 😳

Sky Blue Harry H

I bet there are a few hundred City and a few hundred Luton who will either have pre-match rituals, or (understandably) have their great Uncle Paddy looking down on them from above, who after the game (if they've won) will declare it was down to the 'lucky pants' or 'Uncle Paddy'. I don't have any superstitions, other than I tend to have a disproportionate number of cups of tea from my City mug leading up to an important game. Enjoy the game everyone - looking forward to spending quality time with mates, plus hoping to bump into a few others down there!

skybluejelly

Every time I have been to Wembley , fa cup , check a trade , and now these playoffs , I have heard the Eton boating song , in an obscure place or film , 87 was the film northwest frontier, checkatrade was the Titfield thunderbolt , and then walking the dog this morning it was on an old episode of around the Horne …I now really think the stars are aligning ..

SkyBlueSam01

Bought a multipack of trunk-style boxers in 2016 and despite not being advertised one of them was sky blue... Needless to say they became my lucky pants.

They HARDLY fit anymore and I reckon they'll give me a hernia if I do try to squeeze into them but I'm still tempted to wear them on Saturday...

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

Sounds like most of us will be wearing the same clobber as we have for the last month, we will start recognising each other soon 😂

I also have a very winter based wind proof jacket I’ve take with me to every game for the last 6 games, it will be with me Saturday too.

So if you see someone in block 138 wrapped up, sweating and suffering from dehydration, feel free to come and say hello 😜

tom88

A weird one for me and I think it comes from my Championship Manager days.....

I cannot look at the opposition team sheet. As it seems to be the player's name I focus on or take an interest too seems to score the winner.

Warwickhunt

I have a sky blue shirt that I have been wearing to the matches and have not washed it yet! Until we lose! Taking it to Wembley hope you are not sitting by me LOL. Block 126

Users who are viewing this thread