Powell explains why ACL are suing NTFC (3 Viewers)

mattylad

Bring bring. ....
Err Tim its David
David?
Yes David Cardoza
David, David err?
From NTFC
Ohhhh David...errr what can I do for you
We have received this letter from ACL threatening to sue.
(Tim muffled) ha ha....er yes David well dont worry they bully but never follow through.
But Tim didnt they take you to court over the debt?
Errr no we put ourselves into admin.
So its just a threat?
Errrr yes of course.
ok bye.....

Tim replaces handset, immediately picks back up and dials a number.....hello is that the Mk dons chairman. ..yes your right we have managed to stitch NTFC up to take over there ground.

chiefdave

just a reminder: there is an 'agreement' that is not even a pre-contract. you and i can agree to buy a car ... we are not in contract by agreeing, we are only in contract if we stipulate we will do it, are doing it or have done it and these are are terms. until the first game takes place the contract does not start.

so what you're saying then is if as much pressure as possible is put on NTFC then they will pull out there will be no penalty to pay and SISU will have to go crawling back to ACL asking to play at the Ricoh.

chiefdave

I was under the impression that no groundshare could commence while we are in admin and that we will def still be in admin at the start of the season. In that case why would ACL be making a deal with Otium they are quite right to say they will deal with the administrator, nothing to say they can't make an agreement with the administrator that continues once out of administration. And on what authority are Otium making arrangements with NTFC when they don't have a golden share to play in the league?

SkyblueBazza

I fear all this is raising false hope again.
The simple fact is that the FL have approved the ground-share, they have at least paved the way to endorse Otium as fit & proper, hence they will give them the G/share, they have permitted the academy continued status - despite being evicted (I read something suggesting this was because the audit took place when still based at the Higgs venue - bllx! Any muppet would simply say "Hang-on! We need to re-audit" - can you imagine a H&S audit or insurance certificate simply remaining valid despite this move?).
It is all SO wrong, but they (any authority) seem not to care given the long list of previous "blind-eye" approach! They only begin to start thinking about looking if the mainstream press start shouting about it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

just a reminder: there is an 'agreement' that is not even a pre-contract. you and i can agree to buy a car ... we are not in contract by agreeing, we are only in contract if we stipulate we will do it, are doing it or have done it and these are are terms. until the first game takes place the contract does not start.

Let's just review the very basics of contract law shall we.

One party makes an offer. The other party accepts it. There is now a contract.

Nothing has to be written down (although the issue is then proving what has been offered and accepted), nothing has to be "stipulated" (whatever that means in this context) and no one has to do anything - once you have offer and acceptance the contract is legally enforceable.

Users who are viewing this thread