Potentially 4 interested parties (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

The two we are aware of
A couple of others have since made contact.

Paxman II

The guy said no such thing. It waffled and it was clear they took the action based on conversations nothing concrete whatsoever. they are crazy!

coundonskyblue

The guy said no such thing. It waffled and it was clear they took the action based on conversations nothing concrete whatsoever. they are crazy!

No he didn't. He said the action was took because Timmy threatened to Liquidate the club. That was their primary concern.

He could have quite easily said that someone was definitely going to buy the club, but Sisu's actions have prevented this. No one could have proved otherwise, so don't you find it reassuring that he is honest?

stupot07

So Dongles headline should be: "Err, no potentially interested parties that could actually take over the club" then?

PKH said ACL hadn't got a buyer lined up, but the administrator had received one or two enquiries. He had met the American, apparently a nice bloke. But like I said ACLs administrator (can't remember name) said he made enquiries as they are both based in Leeds and he isn't in the position to buy.

torchomatic

A dangerous game is being played by both sides. If someone was there saying, "Don't worry, we'll buy" then fair enough, but "enquiries", is that enough?

PKH said ACL hadn't got a buyer lined up, but the administrator had received one or two enquiries. He had met the American, apparently a nice bloke. But like I said ACLs administrator (can't remember name) said he made enquiries as they are both based in Leeds and he isn't in the position to buy.

Spencer

A dangerous game is being played by both sides. If someone was there saying, "Don't worry, we'll buy" then fair enough, but "enquiries", is that enough?

Not in my opinion.

I still find it difficult to understand how fans on here seem to accept every word said by acl.

Ashdown1

Not in my opinion.

I still find it difficult to understand how fans on here seem to accept every word said by acl.

I ask this question genuinely............................have they been found to be lying outrightly about anything yet?

Spencer

I ask this question genuinely............................have they been found to be lying outrightly about anything yet?

I never suggested that ACL were lying. However, traditionally in a dispute you will find both parties have extremely entrenched positions and believe, firmly, that they are in the right. Generally, in my opinion, the truth lies somewhere in the middle and, without a doubt, in my opinion, ACL's main interest has been recovery of the debt.

Spencer

Just to also add I believe that for anyone to be surprised that a hedge fund acts like, well, a hedge fund is a little backwards.

And, who was it that forced a hedge fund upon us?

Grendel

Not in my opinion.

I know it's embarrasing.

If PWKH said the world might be flat don and Coundon would never go on a boat again.

dongonzalos

He said

He had met the American personally
He said he had met the other consortium and since this business has happened a couple of others have expressed an interest.

Hence the title of the thread 4 potential INTERESTED parties.

I take it the American didn't meet PWKH because he wanted buy his car?

PWKH said words to effect of you can't say more than interested until you come to due diligence which cant happen until SISU agree to sell.

Last edited:

Spencer

He said

He said he had met the other consortium and since this business has happened a couple if others have expressed an interest.

Hence the title if the thread 4 potential INTERESTED parties.

PWKH said words to effect if you can't say more than interested until you come to due diligence which can happen until SISU agree to sell.

So, in this context "interested" means nothing?

Yet, we are supposed to believe that ACL only acted in the best interests of the football club?

If they'd have acted in the best interests of the football club would they not have suggested the interested parties speak with the owners about buying the club?

stupot07

He said

He said he had met the other consortium and since this business has happened a couple of others have expressed an interest.

Hence the title of the thread 4 potential INTERESTED parties.

PWKH said words to effect of you can't say more than interested until you come to due diligence which cant happen until SISU agree to sell.

Did you listen to CWR before the match? ACLs preferred administrator said he had investigated the Texan, they are both based on Leeds and he is on no position to buy.

PWKH said there was no one lined up to buy. You're reading far too much into this.

RedSalmon

Only my opinion, but from the bits and pieces i have read and heard about SISU, I suspect that most reputable companies/organisations would not want to deal with them at all. That doesn't mean they do not want to buy the stadium or the club, but feel that having any dealings with SISU puts them off.
From the way they have conducted themselves over this situation you could understand why!!

Grendel

Only my opinion, but from the bits and pieces i have read and heard about SISU, I suspect that most reputable companies/organisations would not want to deal with them at all. That doesn't mean they do not want to buy the stadium or the club, but feel that having any dealings with SISU puts them off.
From the way they have conducted themselves over this situation you could understand why!!

There was hardly a queue last time and we were a lot better off then.

RedSalmon

I remember it well Grendel, and I take your point. I know it's a big if, but IF there are potential buyers out there I think having to deal with SISU could well be putting them off.

Spencer

And I find it extremely difficult to understand how some fans on here actually fall for the crap spouted by SISU.

This sums it up for me. In one thread SISU are criticised for saying nothing and in this one they are criticised for spouting crap!

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Well, they did issue a statement that then had to be amended because some of it was incorrect. I guess that first statement had elements of crap in it..... Fact?

Grendel

And for others substitute the letters ACL for SISU.....

I think you'll find it very hard to find anyone who agrees with everything they say

dongonzalos

So, in this context "interested" means nothing?

Yet, we are supposed to believe that ACL only acted in the best interests of the football club?

If they'd have acted in the best interests of the football club would they not have suggested the interested parties speak with the owners about buying the club?

So in this context interested means interested an American travelling to Coventry and meeting with ACL means interested.

An American Millionaire not meeting with anyone and expressing no interest at all would be when interesting would in context mean nothing surely?

I am sure this all is not really that hard to understand.

4 Groups/consortiums/individuals whatever in light of recent events at Coventry have expressed an interest.

Some on here have mentioned not many people express an interest in buying something unless there is a possibly it might be up for sale.

Grendel

So in this context interested means interested an American travelling to Coventry and meeting with ACL means interested.

An American Millionaire not meeting with anyone and expressing no interest at all would be when interesting would in context mean nothing surely?

I am sure this all is not really that hard to understand.

4 Groups/consortiums/individuals whatever in light of recent events at Coventry have expressed an interest.

Some on here have mentioned not many people express an interest in buying something unless there is a possibly it might be up for sale.

Do you think if anyone was interested they should be talking to ACL at all?

You must agree that is dangerous practice. All ACL require is someone to pay their bill. If someone said they will pay the full rent ACL could have bought the administration order for all the wrong reasons.

chiefdave

Is it not a bit odd that all these interested buyers have decided to speak with ACL, who don't own the club and can't sell it to them, rather than the actual owners?

oakey

Is it not a bit odd that all these interested buyers have decided to speak with ACL, who don't own the club and can't sell it to them, rather than the actual owners?
All big businessmen do is talk to each other. Other people do the work.

GaryPendrysEyes

For the hard of hearing SISU ARE FINISHED THEY HAVE ALIENATED EVERYONE IN COVENTRY AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME TILL THEY ARE GONE.

So apologists wipe your eyes and get used to the idea. They have failed miserably as a business and we will move on.

Grendel

For the hard of hearing SISU ARE FINISHED THEY HAVE ALIENATED EVERYONE IN COVENTRY AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME TILL THEY ARE GONE.

So apologists wipe your eyes and get used to the idea. They have failed miserably as a business and we will move on.

We are moving on I agree - to Walsall.

Users who are viewing this thread