Potential Protest @ JR? (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Afternoon Chaps,

Not posted for a wee while as like many others have become fed up with the entire situation. I notice that there have been yet more ideas for protests and the one at the council house (on a Saturday) gathered a mere 40 people. The march through the city will undoubtedly involve a few potential thousand but probably not as many as last summers event.

I'm fairly on the fence about the whole protest situation, mainly because I don't believe it will matter a jot to Scrotium. They and they alone will decide the fate of our once great club.

However, I cannot recall any of the groups so far suggesting the venue of the JR as a potential chance to get their faces into the spotlight....Hot summers day in Birmingham, just down the road, chance to throw an egg at Fishcake and more importantly the media coverage will be pretty intense particularly from a regional perspective. Wouldn't it be nice to turn the heat up on Joy and her henchmen just before they walk in to 'batter people in court'. There may even be an opportunity to sneak a peek at the woman herself!

Just a thought, sorry if it's already been raised previously...

Astute

Protest about what though?

After the JR things will be much clearer, although might not move much. The JR could be the last realistic chance for SISU. If it all goes against them they will have to do something. I can't see the FL let them keep up with just a couple of pictures and nothing else. And how much will they want to lose millions a year keeping us in Northampton when they have to pay 590k to ACL and get nothing for it? That will about pay for 2 years repayments on the loan they have for the Ricoh. Not much of a chance of distressing them for a long time. That takes up 3 of the 5 years allowed in Northampton. All ACL would have to do is make an average of £500 a day to make the repayments, and it looks like the naming rights could be up next year as well.

As Willie Shakespeare said...to build or not to build, that is the question :whistle:

chiefdave

Any idea how long it will do on for? Are we talking a couple of days or will it be weeks of pulling out loads of irrelevant documents?

covmark

Any idea how long it will do on for? Are we talking a couple of days or will it be weeks of pulling out loads of irrelevant documents?

Jesus Christ, can you imagine if it went on for weeks, there'd be a 10,000 page thread of bollocks.

Philosorapter

Now this would be the ideal for all protest parties to come together outside the courthouse. I wonder if it would be possible to use some of that fighting fund of the Sky Blue Trust to organise coach travel to the Court house.

I wonder how many people it would take to surround the court house and join hands in a chain of unity between fans to show how we have come together.

I think a 5 hr show of unity and all parties will get the message that this needs to come to an end.

Hell, we can do this before the JR even starts.

You see, here's me brainstorming and not giving any thought to the parties getting into the court house for the JR, but then again, there wasn't much thought for the fans when we moved to Northampton.

Last edited:

skybluepm2

Pretty sure the JR is in London and inciting "Egg" throwing isn't a good idea....

Surely it's an eggcellent idea! or would this be classed as thuggish violence? Perhaps throw rotten 'Fish' at him instead.

What are your thoughts on people throwing fruit at criminals in stocks back in the day? That seemed like a great way to punish people imo. Plus watching John Prescott get egged never gets old!

(I have a personal dislike towards Tim Fisher by the way)

covmark

I should imagine 9999 posts would be you swearing !!!

Or you talking crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ollyservetta

best let it run and take its course without anyone being seen tryin to influence the outcome ,although be nice to be their for when they come out ,be some long long faces

skybluesam1987

I may go even if it's just to get a photo of she who must not be seen.
If nothing else a photo of her for everyone to print off and throw darts at would piss her off a little:)

dongonzalos

Protest about what though?

After the JR things will be much clearer, although might not move much. The JR could be the last realistic chance for SISU. If it all goes against them they will have to do something. I can't see the FL let them keep up with just a couple of pictures and nothing else. And how much will they want to lose millions a year keeping us in Northampton when they have to pay 590k to ACL and get nothing for it? That will about pay for 2 years repayments on the loan they have for the Ricoh. Not much of a chance of distressing them for a long time. That takes up 3 of the 5 years allowed in Northampton. All ACL would have to do is make an average of £500 a day to make the repayments, and it looks like the naming rights could be up next year as well.

As Willie Shakespeare said...to build or not to build, that is the question :whistle:

Protest about the club not playing in Coventry.
You are likely to have everyone who you feel accountable in one place at the same time.
Plus the media present

Users who are viewing this thread