Post / Royal Mail (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Very patchy here.

Missing three separate shipments of computer parts from China, been given a refund on the most expensive one and told to keep it for free if it does eventually arrive.

Not received routine bank statements or a very important letter from the DWP regarding my state pension.

Did receive a parcel intended for someone living in the next block but one. You'd think a minimum requirement for being a postman would be the ability to read an address?

I bought a resistance band from China and the seller e mailed me to say it would be late as there was a reduced service postal service in China.
It was about 5 days late in the end.

Terry Gibson's perm

We are getting the odd bit from Royal Mail a bit less of the normal crap is coming though.

I work for a major parcel company (the brown one) we are extremely busy and looking at the current numbers it is not far off Xmas volume but we have lots of social distancing rules which are slowing things down a little bit.

we are delivering lots of mowers, collapsable swimming pools and toilet roll. We are also shipping a lot of medical and cleaning products.

Nick

Administrator
Happened again this week, no post for a few days.

Had an email to say something was at the coventry depot yesterday and out for delivery today, obviously couldn't be arsed to work today and deliver things.

Terry Gibson's perm

Happened again this week, no post for a few days.

Had an email to say something was at the coventry depot yesterday and out for delivery today, obviously couldn't be arsed to work today and deliver things.

I don’t think they are delivering Saturdays at the moment

Terry Gibson's perm

Isn't that just letters?

They should take a leaf out of Amazon's book

I think they are trying to limit their staff exposure but I could be wrong, all of the delivery companies are struggling In different ways as the volumes are large at the moment.

Terry Gibson's perm

I know, must work though as stuff gets delivered.

Maybe it's thrown into a bush from the road but the intent is there

They are delivering at lot less of their own stuff at the moment and unfortunately we are doing a lot more of their shit I imagine it’s the same at other carriers.

Nick

Administrator
Had the postwoman whinging to me yesterday about a bloke down the road who has bought a few small things to be delivered and that she has to carry them from the van to his house.

I am not too sure what she expects, being a post woman in a van full of parcels.

chiefdave

Had the postwoman whinging to me yesterday about a bloke down the road who has bought a few small things to be delivered and that she has to carry them from the van to his house.

I am not too sure what she expects, being a post woman in a van full of parcels.
When did the van thing start. I've only noticed since I've been off on furlough. Now they pull up in a van, deliver to a few houses, then get back in a drive a bit further down the road.

Sure it wasn't that long ago they used to carry round bags of mail.

Nick

Administrator
When did the van thing start. I've only noticed since I've been off on furlough. Now they pull up in a van, deliver to a few houses, then get back in a drive a bit further down the road.

They have always done it by me. They park at the end of the road in a little van and deliver everything from that.

wingy

Think this may relate to access as I think they used to have stations within local shops etc to pick up their quota for that particular postcode .

chiefdave

They have always done it by me. They park at the end of the road in a little van and deliver everything from that.
The bags used to get delivered to our post office and they'd pick them up from there. Assumed it was the same everywhere.

Between them and all the couriers for Amazon etc must be a huge environmental hit.

Nick

Administrator
The bags used to get delivered to our post office and they'd pick them up from there. Assumed it was the same everywhere.

Between them and all the couriers for Amazon etc must be a huge environmental hit.

They have used the vans even before lockdown, they don't bother with the local post office either. If we aren't in they go back to the depot. They used to leave them at the local post office but that changed pre-lockdown too.

Nick

Administrator

Last week I had 2 things coming from Amazon, both from the Banbury depot.

Turned up an hour apart in 2 different vans. One of them was an SD card so could quite easily have been put with the other one to save the double trip.

chiefdave

Turned up an hour apart in 2 different vans. One of them was an SD card so could quite easily have been put with the other one to save the double trip.
Had the same. Ordered 4 things, selected the deliver them together option. 2 came one day, the other 2 the next day. All in individual packages.

Terry Gibson's perm

They were possibly packed in different warehouses and sent to Banbury for distribution, so could have arrived at different times.

Distribution from central points is more cost effective and saves the environment we bring 80% of our deliveries into Tamworth and then send them back out so a parcel could leave Manchester come to Tamworth and then go back Scotland or Liverpool otherwise we would have thousands of vans delivering a single parcel.

no_loyalty

I posted a letter next day recorded delivery signed for on 15th April at my local post office, it didn't arrive until 18th May.

Nick

Administrator
Same happening again, no parcels so far in November.

Had a seller send out a replacement on the 6th via RM24 and nothing at all.

Taking the piss a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread