Post / Royal Mail (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Are they on strike? Haven't had any post that we should have all week and haven't seen the postwoman walking up the street like we usually do.

Must have been about a week now since we have had post.

Silkysfc

Still working here in Leicestershire, everyday like Christmas with people in isolation just ordering stuff off the Internet, crazy busy!! Stay safe #pusb

Reactions: RFC

Nick

Administrator
Amazon and others are still rocking up but nothing from Royal Mail at all, not even bills!

Covkid1968#

Still working here in Leicestershire, everyday like Christmas with people in isolation just ordering stuff off the Internet, crazy busy!! Stay safe #pusb
Yep... north leics seems ok. Bills still arriving unfortunately. Loads of tat being delivered that the Mrs keeps ordering.... very irritating

Reactions: RFC

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm waiting on some components that I ordered from the USA off Ebay.....Tracking data shows it took 3 days from USA to UK, + 1 day for customs clearance, goods passed to Royal Mail.....aaaand no further updates since 31st March...FFS.

Nick

Administrator
I'm waiting on some components that I ordered from the USA off Ebay.....Tracking data shows it took 3 days from USA to UK, + 1 day for customs clearance, goods passed to Royal Mail.....aaaand no further updates since 31st March...FFS.

Yeah that's like my stuff, with Royal Mail within the UK but just seems to have stopped dead.

Sellers saying they have posted it about 3 weeks ago and it's with in Royal Mail's system somewhere.

Otis

Are they on strike? Haven't had any post that we should have all week and haven't seen the postwoman walking up the street like we usually do.

Must have been about a week now since we have had post.
Postman's been coming every day to me, Nick. Maybe you are not quite as popular.

wingy

Seems a lot quieter.
Have had a letter this morning though.
To someone who hasn't lived here for years.
Two parcels,one for me and one for the same house No but two streets away .

Nick

Administrator
Seems a lot quieter.

Was their parcel anything good? :)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Still getting post here. Admittedly not as much as usual but postman is still going around.

Maybe the person doing your round has had to self-isolate or something?

Covkid1968#

Seems a lot quieter.
Once got a box of wine for a house 2 villages away. It was the Times wine club so I thought this must be good stuff. Im not proud of the fact that my effort to find the actual recipient wasn’t as thorough as it could have been.

Grendel

Haven’t had any post at all for a few days which is unusual

Nick

Administrator
Once got a box of wine for a house 2 villages away. It was the Times wine club so I thought this must be good stuff. Im not proud of the fact that my effort to find the actual recipient wasn’t as thorough as it could have been.

And I just get bailiffs rocking up to the wrong address giving it loads :(

Gray

I work on the post.Letters have dropped down to barely any, which is why you may not be getting any post. Loads of packets though. Lots of postworkers off due to isolating/illness. And there is no one else to cover rounds. So there may be delays at the moment. I know a few places have refused to work due to lack of PPE and social distancing

dutchman

Very patchy here.

Missing three separate shipments of computer parts from China, been given a refund on the most expensive one and told to keep it for free if it does eventually arrive.

Not received routine bank statements or a very important letter from the DWP regarding my state pension.

Did receive a parcel intended for someone living in the next block but one. You'd think a minimum requirement for being a postman would be the ability to read an address?

wingy

I work on the post.Letters have dropped down to barely any, which is why you may not be getting any post. Loads of packets though. Lots of postworkers off due to isolating/illness. And there is no one else to cover rounds. So there may be delays at the moment. I know a few places have refused to work due to lack of PPE and social distancing
Yes heard that.

wingy

Very patchy here.

Missing three separate shipments of computer parts from China, been given a refund on the most expensive one and told to keep it for free if it does eventually arrive.

Not received routine bank statements or a very important letter from the DWP regarding my state pension.

Did receive a parcel intended for someone living in the next block but one. You'd think a minimum requirement for being a postman would be the ability to read an address?
You're going to have to print/download that statement then Dutch .
I guess Chinese shipments could be all over the shop for a while longer?

Johnnythespider

Still delivering here. I've received about 10 letters from my pension in the last week telling me that the plan growth is -11·5%, bills also, nothing nice though

Users who are viewing this thread