Possible Loan ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

I heard a little whisper that Ryan Kent was allowed to go back to Liverpool early because TM had agreed a deal to bring in an Arsenal youngster on loan, looks like they have recalled Serge Gnabry from his loan spell at West Brom and is available on loan again apparently, would be ideal for us coincidence ?I believe and slot into Ryan Kents spot superbly.

Last edited:

Otis

I heard a little whisper that Ryan Kent was allowed to go back to Liverpool early because TM had agreed a deal to bring in an Arsenal youngster on loan, looks like they have recalled Serge Gnabry from his loan spell at West Brom and is available on loan again apparently, would be ideal for us coincidence ?I believe and slot into Ryan Kents spot superbly.
A number of Championship clubs interested in him though. Would he come here above going to a higher level?

wingy

He sure looked like a real prospect when he broke through a couple.of seasons back.
Thought he was more of a central player though.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I think Kent has been freed up for a defender loan signing otherwise he has to drop a loanee which week which the lending clubs do not like. Would be great to sign one of the loans to allow two more but beggars cannot be choosers.

rupert_bear

A number of Championship clubs interested in him though. Would he come here above going to a higher level?
Well we are a championship club in waiting, aren't we ? I don't see a lot of difference to be honest in the top of division 1 and the bottom half of the championship and Gnarby needs a stage to perform on, highly doubtful he will become an Arsenal first teamer so might be looking for another club soon. I don't know how true this story is or how good this guy is, but he is from the right school

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Well we are a championship club in waiting, aren't we ? I don't see a lot of difference to be honest in the top of division 1 and the bottom half of the championship and Gnarby needs a stage to perform on, highly doubtful he will become an Arsenal first teamer so might be looking for another club soon. I don't know how true this story is or how good this guy is, but he is from the right school

If anything surely teams will have seen what TM has done this season and rather send players here especially attacking ones as they know we create chances for fun.

Like you say we must be more of a pull to send kids on loan to than the bottom 8 in the champ! (As long as there loans are guaranteed game time)

Otis

If it were bottom half of the Championship I would agree with you, but one of the clubs linked is Brighton, who are very much not a bottom half club. Brighton are 4th in the table.

Last edited:

Otis

to be fair Armstrong was touted by a lot of championship clubs aswell at the start of the season
I know. Thing is, Gnabry has already been loaned to a Premier club and now Championship sides are interested.

With Armstrong it was his first venture out and he was loaned straight to us, a League One club, not to another Premier League club. For Gnabry, this would be a drop of two divisions.

rupert_bear

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we are in for him just a little snippet I got that we are looking at an Arsenal player, Gnarby has been recalled from West Brom so may live localish, he is down as a winger and needs to be playing. Fits the bill l remember him getting the odd game for Arsenal and looked the part. Would he come ? Well who would have thought Joe Cole would have

mechaishida

Is everyone throwing sweeteners our way to get the dabs on Maddison?

Any dealings with Arsenal over loans priority would suggest that, yep. I'd prefer him to sign with them tbh, they're more likely not to ruin him and actually loan him back to us.

covcity4life

gnabry played prem and possibly even CL last year? he would be championship at worst

but we do have TM factor, so you never know. wenger would prefer his loans playing a certain way after all

luwalla

I dont think TM let anything happen though did he, kents loan was up & they didnt want to extend it.

i also read he has gone straight into their next match squad, which would kind of back up the fact that it was their decision to recall and not TM

rupert_bear

I dont think TM let anything happen though did he, kents loan was up & they didnt want to extend it.

i also read he has gone straight into their next match squad, which would kind of back up the fact that it was their decision to recall and not TM
Agree, but I don't think it was an absolute shock and I believe TM and MV will have options lined up. I will be surprised if we don't have someone in place in time for Walsall

SBAndy

If(!) we were to make a move for an Arsenal youngster I wouldn't be too surprised to see Isaac Hayden come in. Young centre back who had a few games for Hull earlier this season but has been recalled in the last few days and it's mooted he will be going out on loan again.

stupot07

Yeah Akpom and before him some lad we didn't use, Henderson?

Yeah strange signing he was. Where is he now?

Edit: he now plays for Grimsby in the Conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

You can obviously never judge a player on one game at any level let alone u21. But about 3 years ago (Gnabry must have been only 17) I went with my Arsenal ST holder friend to see Wilshere's 'return' game (there has been many of them) in the u21s v WBA. He came on with about 30 mins to play and was outstanding. Looked the best player on the park. My mate was obviously very excited by this and has seen him plenty of times over the years since playing first team and u21 and rates him highly. Also very annoyed he's not getting game time at WBA so glad he's been recalled, but was never really a Pulis type... When i saw him play he wasn't central, he was equally comfortable on either win, cutting in or putting balls in the box.

Fingers crossed *IF* this rumours true, he could provide a lot of excitement...

chiefdave

You look at both Akpom and Henderson and it shows the glaring problem with the current system.

Henderson had 1 appearance for Arsenal and 2 on loan for us in 3 seasons. Then got released, went to Hull and played 1 game, farmed out on loan to Stevenage and played another 3. Released again and signed for Crawley 22 games and a relegation for them and hes now on loan at Grimsby where he's played 2 games. So at the age of 24 he's played 31 games over 6 seasons.

Akpom is younger, at 20, but has been on Arsenal's books since the age of 6. In 3 seasons of senior football he's managed 9 games for Arsenal, 4 for Brentford, 6 for us, 7 for Forest and 26 for Hull.

Compare that to Wilson, 23 and he's played 130 senior games, Thomas 97 games at age 22, Maddison 19 games at age 19, Willis 70 games at age 21.

I'm yet to be convinced the current system is doing these players any favours or helping build a potential tournament winning side for England.

rupert_bear

Surprised Wenger agreed for him to go to West Brom, he doesn't actually see eye to eye with Pulis and his style of play.

covcity4life

better they stay in reserves though?

you gotta be good enough too, no loan has divine right to play

henderson slid down leagues,akpom is possibly gonna help hull get promoted. talent matters

rupert_bear

You are 100% correct chiefdave players are being stacked on shelves nowadays by premier clubs, take the likes of Jacob Murphy here if Norwich stop up they won't want him but his talent natural and there for all to see if somewhat a bit frustrating at times. Chelsea I believe have over 30 out on loan all over Europe a bloody joke

chiefdave

better they stay in reserves though?

you gotta be good enough too, no loan has divine right to play

henderson slid down leagues,akpom is possibly gonna help hull get promoted. talent matters

Better to not allow the PL clubs to sign hundreds of players. They aren't developing them, they're loaning them out to generate revenue and hoping one or two come off and become first team players. The rest get released or sold.

There's currently reported to be 166 PL players out on loan. That's enough to fill 15 teams!

covcity4life

i agree,but if cov were in prem i wouldnt have an issue with it truth be told.

its a good idea to get youth prospects in for future. until that time you want them in first team loan really is only place for them

skybluesam66

You are 100% correct chiefdave players are being stacked on shelves nowadays by premier clubs, take the likes of Jacob Murphy here if Norwich stop up they won't want him but his talent natural and there for all to see if somewhat a bit frustrating at times. Chelsea I believe have over 30 out on loan all over Europe a bloody joke

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/04/barcelona-sign-77-players-in-one-day-after-transfer-ban-ends-5600976/

This is the best one - Barcelona signing 77 players in a day

Hadji10

In the OP what do you mean by being 'allowed back'? He's a Liverpool player, if they want to recall him 'TM' has no say whatsoever about whether he stays or goes.

Last edited:

moleyskyblue

Peter rampage is now staying at the hotel where I work it's where all loanees tend to stay until they find their own accommodation. Looks like he could be next signing.

shmmeee

Kents loam wasn't up. He signed until the 16th like Arma. He was recalled early.

Users who are viewing this thread