Giroud; Rosicky; Gibbs; Koscielny; Gnabry; Park

covcity4life

i think it will be something along the lines of:

Fabianski

Monreal; Vermaelen; RESERVE I DO NOT KNOW; Jenkinson

Oxlade-Chamberlain; Rosicky; Cazorla; Gnabry; Podolski

Bendtner

kg82

Think they've said Rosicky won't be involved because of his broken cheek/nose?

mark82

Talk he is going to blood a couple of their prospects. Defender and a midfielder. Let's hope they are not up to it, may walk away with a respectable score.

Ned

Have looked into this game for work (I'm a pro football punter) and this is my prediction for Arsenal's team.

Fabianski
Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Flamini Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gnabry Wilshere Podolski
Bendtner

Fabianski will definitely play, good news as he's worse than Szczesny. Pretty likely Sagna will be rested for Jenkinson which is also good. Unfortunately Vermaelen's injured, the only other centre backs are rookies such as Ajayi and Hayden, I think it's pretty likely they'll play Koscielny and Mertesacker, their strongest centre back pairing. Gibbs probably comes in for Monreal at left back which makes little difference.

Arteta's out injured so I think they'll experiment with Oxlade in midfield, apparently his preferred position. Hopefully it doesn't go well. Walcott's out long term, Gnabry's been in the team for him. I think Ozil and Cazorla will be rested, Podolski will come in for one of them. Wilshere is the first choice player I think most likely to continue, it's possible it's one of Ozil or Cazorla instead. There's a small chance they rest all those first choice attacking midfielders and bring in someone like Zelalem which would be great for us. Rosicky is injured so out of the picture.

Giroud out for Bendtner is pretty nailed on and one of the biggest weakenings in the XI, hopefully he has one of his clownshoes performances up front.

I make it Arsenal 86% to win, draw 8.8%, city 5%

i.e. odds of Arsenal 1/6 draw 11/1 City 18/1.

Supremacy and goals 2.45 3.8

So my head says the most likely scoreline is 3-1 to Arsenal. My heart however's going for the following prediction.

Arsenal 1 (Bendtner scoring the rebound from a missed penalty, 30 mins)
Cov 2 (75 mins, 85 mins)

COME ON CITY!!!!!!

Steveo89

-----Fabianski-----
Sagna-BFG-Koss-Nacho
--Flamini-Wilshere--
-Gnabry-Ox-Podolski-
------Bentdner-----

Szczesny, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Zelalem, Ozil, Santi, Giroud

Users who are viewing this thread