Positivity (1 Viewer)

Jackoskyblue

Everyone seems to be down in the dumps over city recently so here's some positivity

1) Were 5th in the league in Feb! How many times have we been able to say that

2) still 16 games 48 points to play for

3) Home crowds this season are the highest we've seen for a while, 2nd best away following in the league 2nd only to Sheffield who every other game seems to be a derby for them

4) the new signings look exactly what we need: Cargill, Stephens, Rose, Henderson all played very well on Sunday

5) some bright young talents in the teams; Arma, Maddison, Murphy, RCC

6) Our loan players are actually passionate about CCFC! Compare Armstrongs attitude to some of the loans from last year

7) Mowbray knows what he's doing! No more panic buys from the Scottish leagues or defenders on for strikers when we're 2-0 down

8) no last day relegation battle!

9) Fishers gone silent!

Enjoy yourselves everyone! You never know how long it will last

Otis

I've been trying to be positive, but the bottom line is, we simply have to go on a really good run now and start consistently winning games from now on in. It's that simple.

Because we are scoring less goals per game (Crewe was an exception), when we have been 1-0 up in games we have failed to kill those games off in not getting that elusive second goal.

Scarily enough, that Crewe game apart, we have failed to score more than 1 goal in any game since 28th November. That was the 2-2 against Doncaster.

Last edited:

st john

Thank you! Another reason to be positive 2 wins in 13 and were still in the play offs :)

Yes, and everything about yesterday's game suggests to me things will get better. We didn't have as much possession as we would have liked but TM says these were our tactics, to sit back and hit them on the break. One win and we will be back playing our usual game.

Otis

The other positive aspect is that we have now seemingly strengthened our defence at last! We have really struggled of late, so it is so nice to have Stephens and Cargill in our ranks.

Martin should be back soon too.

Need to be scoring more down the other end though that's for sure. When you are only scoring 1 goal a game max, that makes it so much harder to defend and pick up points.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

CovisGod

Here's one to be positive about,

Im coming down at the weekend with my Mrs for to Bury game, I've seen us play 9 times at home this season and I'm yet to see us lose, 6 wins, 3 draws

:)

Otis

We've also never lost a single game when my wife has attended! We have won every single time!

She's only been the once though and that was in 2002. :(

covcity4life

We may be 5th and on a bad run but I thibk we have a stronger squad now than we did in November when we were top

I think we will go on a good run now. Autos will be tough but I'm confident we will make playoffs. And maybe we will look back on this poor run as a good kick up the arse that made us address the defence.

MatthewWallis

Hope by some miracle we make the autos, because I dred the play offs and think we wouldn't even make the final.

At the moment though it feels like being in a relationship you know just isn't going to work out

Otis

The good thing is, if you go on a really good run those last 6 or 7 games you can find that you are the in-form team and have hit the ground running at exactly the right time.

In the play-offs you want to be the in-form team. That will be the team with the most confidence and the momentum.

Skyblueweeman

We've also never lost a single game when my wife has attended! We have won every single time!

She's only been the once though and that was in 2002. :(

I took mine to the Burton match, her first CCFC game. Not to keen to take her back with her 100% loss ratio if I'm honest, yet strangely, she enjoyed the overall experience!

Otis

I took mine to the Burton match, her first CCFC game. Not to keen to take her back with her 100% loss ratio if I'm honest, yet strangely, she enjoyed the overall experience!
Is spite of the result AND you?

Wow! Sucker for punishment!

Imissandywhing

I have read somewhere before that most teams finishing in the lowest playoff position (in our case 6) go onto to get promoted.

The good thing is, if you go on a really good run those last 6 or 7 games you can find that you are the in-form team and have hit the ground running at exactly the right time.

In the play-offs you want to be the in-form team. That will be the team with the most confidence and the momentum.

SBAndy

Speaking to a West Brom fan at work last week, he mentioned that under Mowbray they also used to go through this slight slump at this stage of the season. Said he expects us to pick back up in the next few weeks as that's exectly what they did.

Albo

I get the feeling Mowbray has had his eyes on the play-offs all season, hence all the player rotation.
I recall reading somewhere about his time at Hibs where they reached a final or a play-off and, after a long hard season, if that's possible in Scotland, the players were all pretty much "done in".
Hopefully the player rotation will leave us with a larger squad of fresh players, compared to our chief rivals, straining at the leash to play in the last few games for a bit of glory at Wembley.

covcity4life

Speaking to a West Brom fan at work last week, he mentioned that under Mowbray they also used to go through this slight slump at this stage of the season. Said he expects us to pick back up in the next few weeks as that's exectly what they did.

Interesting

chiefdave

Wish we'd hurry up with the pick back up bit.

dongonzalos

Everyone seems to be down in the dumps over city recently so here's some positivity

1) Were 5th in the league in Feb! How many times have we been able to say that

2) still 16 games 48 points to play for

3) Home crowds this season are the highest we've seen for a while, 2nd best away following in the league 2nd only to Sheffield who every other game seems to be a derby for them

4) the new signings look exactly what we need: Cargill, Stephens, Rose, Henderson all played very well on Sunday

5) some bright young talents in the teams; Arma, Maddison, Murphy, RCC

6) Our loan players are actually passionate about CCFC! Compare Armstrongs attitude to some of the loans from last year

7) Mowbray knows what he's doing! No more panic buys from the Scottish leagues or defenders on for strikers when we're 2-0 down

8) no last day relegation battle!

9) Fishers gone silent!

Enjoy yourselves everyone! You never know how long it will last

Spiot on !!!!!

Hobo

We have never been firing on all cylinders. Never expected us too, but we are in with a shout if we can find our best form for the run in!

Gazolba

The teams beneath us in the table are coming up fast and will soon overtake us. Defeats and draws are no good to us now, every game is a must win. I see Burton and Wigan getting the auto spots.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Autos is still doable but becoming harder with every game we fail to win.

Confident we will pick up again to at least secure our play off place.

Users who are viewing this thread