Positivity!!! (1 Viewer)

brinner

we bloody need sum on here!!

unbeaten so far and not played at home yet.

am praying we beat the blades tomw and we might see a bit!! get our season rolling.

5 of the next 6 games at home, be great to get a bit of momentum going and get some confidence flowing through the side.

Diehard Si

Bear in mind this is a forum. Only on a CWR phone in will you find more suicidal, negative and manically depressed fans.

Generally anyone with positivity gets shot down for being arrogant or deluded.

Although to be fair we have been through a lot. I don't think we know what it's like to win.

Astute

I am not bothered about being called arrogant or deluded.

We have better quality in our squad than the vast majority clubs we will play this season. When you have better quality you don't have to be playing at your best to win. When we are playing the better of the two teams we should win with our quality.

The Yeovil game was like the tables being turned from last season. They had most of the ball, but struggled in the final 1/3. We didn't have a lot of the ball, but had enough chances to win. A draw was a fair result, but football isn't about fair results. However we play if we keep getting chances we will score goals.

bulkoskyblue

positivity will come with positive results.

we were shit last year and its left most fans understandably down beat. nothing that a few wins and some good football wouldnt change

Sick Boy

We haven't won in the league since we were away at Hull. It is no wonder that people are a bit down, get a few wins and that will change though.

kingharvest

I think it might take a few games to get going given all the new faces and the wake-up call of the harshness of league 1, but i genuinely believe - given the players we have - that once we settle down we'll really start to do well in this league. We've got an awful lot of quality that other teams down here would love to have. I'm not Thorn bashing because i like him, but given the talent in the side, the two biggest barriers to our success will be the system we play and the psychological aspect..

Diehard Si

I think it might take a few games to get going given all the new faces and the wake-up call of the harshness of league 1, but i genuinely believe - given the players we have - that once we settle down we'll really start to do well in this league. We've got an awful lot of quality that other teams down here would love to have. I'm not Thorn bashing because i like him, but given the talent in the side, the two biggest barriers to our success will be the system we play and the psychological aspect..

You sir just summed it up perfectly

aodea

i thinks there are a lot of aspects. teams that drop down a division often struggle early on for lots of reasons. One they are coming from a season where they have been losing more than winning and this creeps into things u think you keep getting unlucky, things are not going your way etc. then there is also the mentality that some players will think they will stroll the division they are no finding themselves in. they will think they are good enough to play at a higher standard. Look at Bolton, Blackburn and wolves and how they started.

Realistcly we will win more than we lose this year and we should therfore become a more confident collective team. With a positive attitude people will even belive that luck is going there way when we all know over a season things balance out. There is plenty to be positive about two away games a win and a draw. Still in the capitial cup. Also we have a load of new players some that we are looking forward to watching Barton, Fleck and Jennings.

the confidence will come from playing games week in week out and players finding there feet. Whether thorn gets things right tactically will also be a huge factor. Hopefully as much as the players he finds his feet early on. the players are there to push on he needs to get them to belive that. his motivation will need to prove players often look lack luster on the pitch i want to see them sweat blood out there for this club but its a lot easier to do that when things are going your way.

another thing of note is that a big win or impiortant win can often be the catylst for a season. beat Brum in the cup or Sheff united at home tonight and who knows people might start to belive!!

Users who are viewing this thread