Positives from relegation (3 Viewers)

Otis

1. We will have won a place in League One and that is the first time we have won anything since 1987.

2. Less queuing for the toilets and the food outlets.

3. More leg and elbow room and you will be able to spread yourself over 3 or 4 seats.

4. Parking restrictions will probably be lifted at Tesco's.

5. We will all be able to get home from matches more quickly.

6. We will be up against thousands of players we have never heard of and therefore the club will sell more programmes as a result as fans scratch their heads thinking who the fook these players are who are running rings round our defence.

7.Instead of winning just 9 or 10 games a season we might win 11 or even 12.

8. We will have even less prominence on the Football League Show and will therefore suffer just a little less embarrassment each week when we lose.

9. Sunderland fans will probably stop bothering us anymore as we will have served our 'punishment.'

10. We won't keep getting beaten by Leshtur all the time.

Any other positives?

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

- Leeds won't be in the same division

- No businesses will be interested in sponsoring corners, and that silliness will hopefully cease

- Thorn will be an emporor amongst tacticians, and will be widely heralded as such by everyone on here.....

.....oh, wait there.....

Otis

:facepalm:11. We will be considered to be one of the top 4 teams in the division and will be akin to the Man U/Man City/Arsenal/Chelsea's of that league.

That's a massive positive isn't it. ......... ohh hang on ......... we will be one of the teams everyone will go that extra mile to beat won't we and hope defeats to Yeovil and Carlisle beckon. Fook it!

Astute

Oh Otis you are so wrong. We "won" our place into the Championship afyer 87 :)

I will look more into it once our game with Millwall is over. My main "bonus" would be going to grounds that I don't even know where they are. Sharing pubs with blokes with flat caps taking their whippets out for a walk.

torchomatic

I can think of loads of negatives if that helps?

• deserting fans - unless we do well, of course
  • a team of kids - might not be bad thing
  • inability to attract good players
  • even worse matchday ''experience''

On the bright side we'll get more games on our season tickets and the JPT to look forward to.

Whatever happens I'll still be like a kid come that first game in August. OK, so the club is rubbish, but its my rubbish.

PUSB.

Otis

:facepalm:11. We will be considered to be one of the top 4 teams in the division and will be akin to the Man U/Man City/Arsenal/Chelsea's of that league.

That's a massive positive isn't it. ......... ohh hang on ......... we will be one of the teams everyone will go that extra mile to beat won't we and hope defeats to Yeovil and Carlisle beckon. Fook it!

Ahh well, disagree. We went down from the Premier, this will surely be seen as a victory!! ;)

Astute

Just a normal everyday occurrence for you surely? ;)

Prefer to take the kids to a beach and knacker themselves out whilst I drink my tinnies. I live on an island so there are aways quiet beaches somewhere.

I can think of loads of negatives if that helps?

• deserting fans - unless we do well, of course
  • a team of kids - might not be bad thing
  • inability to attract good players
  • even worse matchday ''experience''

On the bright side we'll get more games on our season tickets and the JPT to look forward to.

Whatever happens I'll still be like a kid come that first game in August. OK, so the club is rubbish, but its my rubbish.

PUSB.

If only we had been prepared thoroughly for your four negatives already...

Macca

Honestly it win t make a lot if difference. Div 2 is crap, Div 3 is crap. Crowds to hover around 13000. Maybe higher than now if we put a winning streak together. Thorn can continue to develop in a relatively safer environment and some new away days

Astute

No. There is a bridge so part of the mainland :-(

Astute

Torch, the fans will be back when we start winning, the younger players will have a better chance without better quality players, better away games as we will be able to stand together at some grounds and go mental like we used to with their being more noise at smaller grounds, and finally not bringing in any better players? We are run by SISU so no change there

SkyBlueDickie

Hussey may all of a sudden turn into a Roberto Carlos of the lower leagues figure and be hailed as a hero. Also we'll probably be lucky enough to avoid Steve Claridge's simply abysmal analysis on Football League Show.

1nilandwe...

Speaking of cups, we'll be knocked out of the FA Cup even earlier in the year, allowing us more time to concentrate on the league.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
we will have gained the record for the

- least number of wins away from home in the top 10 divisions in England 2011/12 season (jointly with Blythe Spartans (Conference North)

- the least number of points away from home in the top 10 divisions (thats all the way down to the Isthmian Premier!)

such heady days of achievement :facepalm:

Last edited:

Otis

we will have gained the record for the

- least number of wins away from home in the top 10 divisions in England 2011/12 season (jointly with Blythe Spartans (Conference North)

- the least number of points away from home in the top 10 divisions (thats all the way down to the Isthmian Premier!)

such heady days of achievement :facepalm:

So, hopefully gaining a couple of awards and winning a place in Leauge One.

Excellent stuff. :D

Forget the empty stands as I dont see the attendances dropping that much. We are already down to the die hards who would still go if we were relegated again next year.

Sadly this is exactly as most of us predicted when SISU decimated the squad in the summer.

Oh I forgot could be in for a good cup run next year "Johnstone Paint Trophy" winners

torchomatic

And it'll probably be another forte years until our next Cup run!

And an extra cup run in the JPT, because obviously cup runs are City's forte. :|

- Hartlepool has a lovely marina
- Huish Park once got voted "Best pies" in the league
- No more pesky international breaks for us
- When we draw Sutton United away in FA cup R1 ESPN will pay through the nose for the rights to the match (which SISU will then waste (aka pay Carl Baker's wages))
- Notts County away = Hooters
- JPT first round away to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night in September - cannot wait!!

dongonzalos

1. We will have won a place in League One and that is the first time we have won anything since 1987.

2. Less queuing for the toilets and the food outlets.

3. More leg and elbow room and you will be able to spread yourself over 3 or 4 seats.

4. Parking restrictions will probably be lifted at Tesco's.

5. We will all be able to get home from matches more quickly.

6. We will be up against thousands of players we have never heard of and therefore the club will sell more programmes as a result as fans scratch their heads thinking who the fook these players are who are running rings round our defence.

7.Instead of winning just 9 or 10 games a season we might win 11 or even 12.

8. We will have even less prominence on the Football League Show and will therefore suffer just a little less embarrassment each week when we lose.

9. Sunderland fans will probably stop bothering us anymore as we will have served our 'punishment.'

10. We won't keep getting beaten by Leshtur all the time.

Any other positives?

Adminstration, SISU gone and some owners taking over who have some idea how to communicate and run a business

SkyBlue

Can see why fans are driven away just from reading through this thread,
Who knows, maybe this time relegation will be a blessing in disguise for us?

Users who are viewing this thread