Positive Talks (1 Viewer)

aviles

Every season we all pray is this the season Sisu change i really hope that this year it actually could be. Champions league here we come Tony 'the messiah' Mowbray

Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray has said that talks were positive with Joy Seppala, Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott about what he wants for the Sky Blues.

Mowbray told the Coventry Telegraph's Andy Turner: “There’s nothing to say other than we’ve had very good and healthy discussions and I hope there’s a positive outcome for everyone.
“I think the talks went relatively positively. It was more than a chat, more an opportunity to get my thoughts across to the owner really and listen to what she is thinking, so there was a lot to talk about.
“They will then have a chat and hopefully on the back of that we can get a resolution somewhere along the line.
"I think the owners understand to move the club forward they have got to realise they have to do something different to what they’ve been doing for the last seven or eight years, really. Am I the guy to do it for them? I hope so.
“I had only met Joy once before and it was important to have a long discussion to get a feel for each other because it’s important, in my mind, that you know what their ambition is and whether it matches your own ambition, and can we bring it together and move things forward.
“That’s what the conversations were about and I gave them some organisational charts and thoughts on structure and philosophy of building teams and player profiles, and lots of different things that I think are important at football clubs; things that top football clubs have and do.
“They only recruit players that fit the system they play in and there’s a structure and logic behind how you build a team. And that was all I was trying to show them; how I’ve done things at every club I’ve been at.
“Whether we’ve been majorly successful or relatively successful, I feel that we’ve generally left football clubs better than we found them because of planning, organising, structure and having a reason why we sign a certain player. And hopefully they’ll buy into that.
“They have to have discussions now and we’ll see if we can put things together – I’m due to see Steve Waggott again today.”

spwaverley4916

Not holding my breath on this one - the company i work for were having positive talks with the unions on a pay rise this year - we are now being balloted for industrial action!!

Otis

Not holding my breath on this one - the company i work for were having positive talks with the unions on a pay rise this year - we are now being balloted for industrial action!!

Probably what's already happened here to be quite honest, cos I'm sure many of our squad have been on strike for most of the season.

Sbarcher

What did Positive have to say?

no_loyalty

If Sisu make the promises TM wants, then he needs to get this inserted in his contract

Warwickhunt

I wonder who he is getting at there ?
Basically Steve Waggott - without actually saying that he is Shite at negotiating for Players be it Loan or Contracted

skybluepm2

Mowbray seems to have put a lot of work in at his end and has probably left Messrs Seppalla and Fisher lost for words. I don't think they're used to being put on the back foot. It's solely in their court now and TM appears to want to stay. Fingers crossed!

chiefdave

Basically Steve Waggott - without actually saying that he is Shite at negotiating for Players be it Loan or Contracted

The slightly worrying part is it then says he has to meet with Waggott. If he has say in the decision and Mowbray is basically saying he's useless then that might prove to be a problem.

chinamans view

Look at yesterdays promotion thread, I said you needed to be positive with what was going on behind closed doors. re backroom staff.

Gint11

Fingers crossed. If given the money and things he wants, Mowbray will get us out of this division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Hopefully and then what? a return to the prem where we get stuffed almost every week...? Not sure what I would like to be honest mid/upper table Championship or struggling Prem again... mind you it would be great just not to have a nail biting end of season for a change

Otis

Fingers crossed. If given the money and things he wants, Mowbray will get us out of this division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Pressley was also trying very hard to get us out of this division too though wasn't he. And he very nearly succeeded.

ecky

Hopefully and then what? a return to the prem where we get stuffed almost every week...? Not sure what I would like to be honest mid/upper table Championship or struggling Prem again... mind you it would be great just not to have a nail biting end of season for a change

More profitable being a yo yo club now with the parachute payments

rupert_bear

Pressure will be on Waggott i believe, he cocked up big time re. Pressley and his 4 year contract, then there was the Mark Robins mystery and before that the continued employment of of the hapless Thorn. He can't fook up on this one too surely. Not too sure how involved JS gets on that side of things or is that bothered who is at the helm manager wise, but she will surely know how much money has been waisted. Also it is obvious Mowbray will want his own backroom staff as would any other would be manager. Waggott will just have to pay what remains of Pressley's crew off.

Godiva

Pressure will be on Waggott i believe, he cocked up big time re. Pressley and his 4 year contract, then there was the Mark Robins mystery and before that the continued employment of of the hapless Thorn. He can't fook up on this one too surely. Not too sure how involved JS gets on that side of things or is that bothered who is at the helm manager wise, but she will surely know how much money has been waisted. Also it is obvious Mowbray will want his own backroom staff as would any other would be manager. Waggott will just have to pay what remains of Pressley's crew off.

No, at this point it won't be about money. The budget is known to all involved and everybody will work within that.
It's about 'the structures' - how, what and who.
It's practicalities - and they will find a way through.

Users who are viewing this thread